Farmer from Cornwall heads to global beauty pageant

• 0 replies

erika

• View Profile
Farmer from Cornwall heads to global beauty pageant
« on: November 05, 2015, 02:16:31 AM »

A stunning 'real country girl' from Cornwall who mucks out cows for a living is set to be become an international beauty queen.

Celena Wolfe, 32, has impressed judges in the UK with a combination of her charity work, good looks and farmyard-fit body.

But Celena, who works the farm looking after more than 70 beef cattle, is facing her biggest challenge after being chosen to represent England in the Face of the Globe competition.

The glitz and glamour of the beauty pageant, to be held in London and at Disneyland Paris in April, is a far cry from the day-to-day graft Celena is used to on the farm.

Equestrian coach Celena confessed she was initially nervous competing in the South West regional finals for Face Of The Globe because of her age, and was shocked when she won the title.

But she now wants to add the honour to the UK Inspiration crown she acquired earlier this year - and says judges are always particularly interested in her unusual double life.

She said: "At Inspiration, I was in the woman category but being up against ladies of a decade younger here was a daunting prospect.

"But age is just a number and women shouldn't feel they're done because they're over 24, like in other pageants.

"A woman's beauty does indeed come from within and can only grow as confidence and experience in life grows.

"I'm far more confident and relaxed in my own skin now than I was ten years ago.

"The directors of the pageant were far more interested about my lifestyle

as a farmer."

Celena, of St Tudy, Cornwall, said she was always very shy but started to come out of her shell after joining the cheer-leading squad at university.

She said: "I used to watch the TV and saw people doing modelling in beauty pageants and wished I could do it.

"I thought it was always out of my reach, but slowly as I got older I thought I might be able to give it a go."

She took part in Miss County of Cornwall in 2005 and represented the county in the Miss England pageant the following year.

But she confessed she was "out of her depth" at Miss England and said that the jobs really took off when she reached 30.

Celena said: "Doing what I do has made me realise that you are never too old.

"Beauty does not start going downhill from 25 onwards like everyone thinks it does. It is such a confidence booster."

OMG fashion lover