Brad Pitt

• 43 replies

lamay

• View Profile
Brad Pitt
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:20:29 PM »
William Bradley "Brad" Pitt (born December 18, 1963) is an American actor, film producer, and social activist. He became famous during the mid 1990s after starring in several major Hollywood films. Pitt received a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination for his role in the 1995 film Twelve Monkeys.

Pitt is consistently cited by popular media as one of the most attractive men alive and is regarded as a Hollywood A-lister. His former marriage to actress Jennifer Aniston and current relationship with actress Angelina Jolie have been widely covered in the world media. He is the father of four children with Jolie, one biological, all of whom have also received media coverage. Since his connection with Jolie, he has become increasingly involved in social issues, both domestically and internationally.

Early Life

Pitt was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma, the son of Jane Etta (née Hillhouse), a high school counselor, and William Alvin Pitt, a truck company owner. Along with his brother Doug and sister Julie Neal, he grew up in Springfield, Missouri, where the family moved soon after his birth. Pitt was raised a Baptist. He attended Kickapoo High School, where he was involved in sports, debating, student government, and acting. He attended the Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri–Columbia. He is a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity.

Career

Moderate success

In 1988, Pitt had his first starring role, in The Dark Side of the Sun, where he played a young American taken by his family to the Adriatic to find a remedy for a skin condition. The movie was shot in Yugoslavia in the summer of '88 with Pitt being paid $1,523 per week for seven weeks. However, with editing nearly complete, war broke out and much of the footage was lost; the film was released years later. Pitt won a part in the TV movie Too Young to Die?, about an abused teenager given the death penalty for murder. Pitt played the part of a drug addict, Billy Canton, who took advantage of a runaway played by Juliette Lewis.

In 1991, Pitt starred, along with Vera Martins, as Joe Maloney in Across the Tracks, in which he portrayed a high school runner with a difficult criminal brother played by Ricky Schroder. Pitt attracted broader public attention from a supporting role in Thelma & Louise, where he played a small-time criminal drifter who befriends Thelma (Geena Davis). His love scene with Davis, which showed Pitt topless and wearing a cowboy hat, has been referred to as "iconic", often cited as the moment that defined Pitt as a "sex symbol".

After Thelma & Louise, Pitt starred alongside Catherine Keener and Nick Cave in the low budget, Tom DiCillo-directed 1991 film Johnny Suede, as an awkward dreamer who aspired to be a big-haired rock star. Pitt had agreed to play the part before Thelma & Louise was released. After appearing in Cool World, Pitt starred in Robert Redford's A River Runs Through It in 1992, for which Pitt learned fly fishing by casting off of Hollywood buildings. In 1993 came Kalifornia, a road movie in which he played a scruffy serial killer alongside Juliette Lewis and X-Files actor David Duchovny.

Other Projects

Pitt has appeared in television commercials designed for the Asian market, advertising such diverse products as Edwin Jeans, the Toyota Altis, and Japanese canned coffee. He also appeared in a Heineken commercial which aired during the 2005 Super Bowl; it was directed by David Fincher, who directed Pitt in the feature films Se7en and Fight Club.

Together with Jennifer Aniston and Paramount Pictures head Brad Grey, Pitt founded the production company Plan B. Aniston is no longer a partner in the company, although she is still attached to many projects that were set up before her divorce from Pitt. The company produced the blockbuster Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, starring Johnny Depp, as well as The Departed and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Personal Life

In the late 1980s and 1990s, Pitt dated several of his co-stars, including Robin Givens (Head Of The Class), Jill Schoelen (Cutting Class), Juliette Lewis (Too Young to Die? and Kalifornia), who at sixteen was ten years his junior when they started dating, and Gwyneth Paltrow (Se7en), with whom he had a much-publicized engagement. Pitt also dated actresses Sinitta and Thandie Newton.

Relationship with Angelina Jolie

One month after Aniston filed for divorce, in April 2005, a set of paparazzi photos emerged that seemed to confirm the rumors of a relationship between Pitt and actress Angelina Jolie. The photos, which were reportedly sold for $500,000, showed Pitt, Jolie and her son Maddox at a beach in Kenya. During the summer, the pair were seen together with increasing frequency, and the entertainment media dubbed the couple "Brangelina". Two months later, the highly-anticipated July 2005 issue of W magazine hit newsstands, featuring Pitt and Jolie posed as a couple.

In July 2005, Pitt accompanied Jolie to Ethiopia,[25] where Jolie adopted her second child, a six-month-old girl named Zahara;[26] later Jolie indicated that she and Pitt made the decision to adopt the child together.[27] In December 2005, it was confirmed that Pitt was seeking to legally adopt Jolie's two children as his own; per the legal requirements, classified advertisements in the Los Angeles paper Daily Commerce announced the name change request.[28][29] On January 19, 2006, a judge in California approved this request, and the children's legal surnames were formally changed to "Jolie-Pitt".
shake it all off and just have fun!

dj paparazzi

• play by request..
    • View Profile
Re: Brad Pitt
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 07:46:36 AM »
i like his movies!
a very reliable source of current events here in bohol.. and watch out!

paolo

• A war for world peace! . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:46:57 PM »
idol since birth !  ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:52:31 AM by mikey_gatal »
I never let schooling interfere with my education ..

chinitAngel

• Global Moderator
  • certified GataL chick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »
he is like a fine wine, the older he gets, he tastes even better. HOT for me.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:54:20 AM by mikey_gatal »
sorry boys, my heart is taken by the best!

cena

• i wanna be with somebody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 01:46:53 AM »
very handsome guy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:54:48 AM by mikey_gatal »

tart

• Global Moderator
  • a one man-woman...
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »
i think it only lasted 2 weeks and i have to let him go.
hehehehe.. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:55:34 AM by mikey_gatal »
follow us too at www.boholster.com

"it's good to be hated of who you are than to be loved of who you are not...."

consuelo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 12:40:50 AM »
you must be crying for what you have done.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:56:17 AM by mikey_gatal »

tart

• Global Moderator
  • a one man-woman...
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »
ok lang... no regrets. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:56:44 AM by mikey_gatal »
follow us too at www.boholster.com

"it's good to be hated of who you are than to be loved of who you are not...."

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »
like a pineapple?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:57:09 AM by mikey_gatal »

thorn prince

• i am the one who dwells within
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 12:40:55 AM »
i like tita tart, you always make me laugh.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:57:55 AM by mikey_gatal »