• 0 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Tiger Woods on crutches recovering from rebuilt knee
« on: June 30, 2008, 03:19:36 PM »
By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer

BETHESDA, Md. (AP)—Tiger Woods does not know when he can play golf again, but he said Monday his rebuilt left knee has been sore his entire PGA Tour career and he looks forward to playing on two good legs.

“My left knee has been sore for 10 to 12 years,” Woods said during a conference call for his AT&T National tournament, his first public comments since reconstructive surgery last Tuesday. “It will be nice to finally have a healthy leg. They assured me my longterm health will be a hell of a lot better than it’s been over the last decade. I’m really looking forward to that.”

Woods said doctors in Utah used a tendon from his right hamstring to rebuild the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, which he said had always been weak and finally snapped while jogging on a golf course last July.

He is in a brace and will be on crutches for three weeks to keep weight off his knee.

Woods said he most likely would not be able to attend the AT&T National, which starts Thursday at Congressional, because there was swelling on the flight home from Utah after surgery and doctors have advised him to avoid planes.