ColA lOveR..be AwaRe..

• 33 replies
a

aiko

ColA lOveR..be AwaRe..
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:36:54 PM »
Cola type soft drinks can damage your kidneys.
[/color]

Verdict: FACT. Despite their global popularity, there's nothing remotely healthy about cola beverages: Drinking 16 ounces or more daily (whether diet or regular) doubles your risk of chronic kidney disease, according to a recent NIH study of more than 900 people. The researchers already knew that consuming any type of soft drink--the average American adult guzzles 59 gallons' worth per year--is associated with several risk factors for kidney disease (hypertension, diabetes, and kidney stones), but the spike in the cola category was remarkable. Experts suspect that the ingredient phosphoric acid may be the culprit; it's been repeatedly linked to "urinary changes that promote kidney stones," say the study authors. Cola has an additional knock against it: Consumption is associated with significantly lower bone density in women, increasing the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures, says a separate study.

Bottom Line: If you're going to indulge in an occasional soda, go for Sprite, 7-Up, ginger ale, and the like--the NIH study found that noncola drinks didn't have the same impact on the kidneys. But you'll be better off if you skip soda altogether, even the sugar-free varieties: Recent research showed an association between drinking diet soda and weight gain.

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: ColA lOveR..be AwaRe..
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »
i won't drink soda anymore, thanks for the info aiko..
life is beautiful!

a

aiko

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:40:20 AM »
i won't drink soda anymore, thanks for the info aiko..
aww,roger,,papalitan mo na ba ng san mig light?  :D :D :P ;)

arrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 06:58:42 AM »
I love soda.  8)

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »
<<<<----Mikey para imo na....no more diet coke for you....
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 12:06:06 PM »
I love soda.  8)

me too arrix i love Big serving sodas
Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 07:58:47 PM »
Cola type soft drinks can damage your kidneys.
[/color]

Verdict: FACT. Despite their global popularity, there's nothing remotely healthy about cola beverages: Drinking 16 ounces or more daily (whether diet or regular) doubles your risk of chronic kidney disease, according to a recent NIH study of more than 900 people. The researchers already knew that consuming any type of soft drink--the average American adult guzzles 59 gallons' worth per year--is associated with several risk factors for kidney disease (hypertension, diabetes, and kidney stones), but the spike in the cola category was remarkable. Experts suspect that the ingredient phosphoric acid may be the culprit; it's been repeatedly linked to "urinary changes that promote kidney stones," say the study authors. Cola has an additional knock against it: Consumption is associated with significantly lower bone density in women, increasing the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures, says a separate study.

Bottom Line: If you're going to indulge in an occasional soda, go for Sprite, 7-Up, ginger ale, and the like--the NIH study found that noncola drinks didn't have the same impact on the kidneys. But you'll be better off if you skip soda altogether, even the sugar-free varieties: Recent research showed an association between drinking diet soda and weight gain.

Yes, heard that if you want to remove rust from metal, just soak it in Coca cola. Tells you how corrosive it is. I'm glad I don't drink soda anymore. Thanks, Aiko.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 12:36:06 AM »
d ako mahilig sa coke

a

aiko

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 04:29:47 AM »
u r very much welcome kristel  ;) :-*
pero minsan kc kung ano ung bawal un ang masarap ano  ;D

arrix

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:41:55 PM »
Yes, heard that if you want to remove rust from metal, just soak it in Coca cola. Tells you how corrosive it is. I'm glad I don't drink soda anymore. Thanks, Aiko.

Save the Cola, use vinegar.