What Are You Eating Right Now?

• 2716 replies
v

vj evardone

Re: What Are You Eating Right Now?
« Reply #880 on: June 27, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »
yum!  yum!  good cook pala si doc, eh.  is biko the same as bibingka?  it sure looks the same. ;) :)
looks good huh, but tastes even better--haha. A lot of Pinoy dishes happen to be just easy to prepare dawg (as u may have known). 8)
Biko is prepared with whole rice grains, while bibingka is made wth ground rice..but these are both yummy--so who cares about the difference??  ;D

v

vj evardone

« Reply #881 on: June 27, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »
naintsik ko gamay adtong panahuna ba
cgeh lng hon, maulian ra nah imo eyes. ;) ;D

v

vj evardone

« Reply #882 on: June 27, 2009, 08:49:41 PM »
unsa to kana ang buwad?kidding
a.k.a. my fave food. ;D

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »
Yup! different names lang depending on what region.  8)

looks good huh, but tastes even better--haha. A lot of Pinoy dishes happen to be just easy to prepare dawg (as u may have known). 8)
Biko is prepared with whole rice grains, while bibingka is made wth ground rice..but these are both yummy--so who cares about the difference??  ;D

yeah, my mom buy those in pinoy restaurants here.

hey, doc......... how 'bout e-mailing me the recipes of the biko/bibingka?   ;) :)  8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

v

vj evardone

« Reply #884 on: June 28, 2009, 12:12:39 AM »
yeah, my mom buy those in pinoy restaurants here.
hey, doc......... how 'bout e-mailing me the recipes of the biko/bibingka?   ;) :)  8)

Sweet Rice (Biko)
Ingredients:
2 can coconut milk
6 cups sweet rice
1 box dark brown sugar
1 can water

Preparation:
Cook the sweet rice just like cooking rice in the rice cooker. While waiting for the sweet rice to cook. In the big pan poured the coconut milk and add water and put into the medium fire until it boil then add the dark brown sugar and stir until it become sticky then add the sweet rice and mixed altogether over and over until well mixed. Let's stand about 5 minutes then stir again and turn off the fire. That's all.

Flat Cake (Bibingka)

Ingredients
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups coconut milk
3 beaten eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour (my apology--i thot it's ground rice in earlier postings)
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 cup grated edam cheese
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, to baste
1/2 cup grated coconut

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the sugar with the coconut milk in a bowl.
3. Make sure sugar has dissolved.
4. Add beaten eggs.
5. In bowl, sift the flour.
6. Add salt and baking powder and sift again.
7. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture.
8. Beat well.
9. Pour into baking pan.
10. Bake for 15 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes more, brushing twice with margarine while baking.
12. When done, brush again with margarine.
13. Serve with grated coconut.

NB: Thanks to google.LOL I have my mom and 3 elder sisters to cook/bake sweet treats for the younger ones dawg..so my 'critical' role is tasting (& eating) the stuff. ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:15:04 AM by VJE.5 »

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #885 on: June 28, 2009, 12:18:17 AM »
Sweet Rice (Biko)
Ingredients:
2 can coconut milk
6 cups sweet rice
1 box dark brown sugar
1 can water

Preparation:
Cook the sweet rice just like cooking rice in the rice cooker. While waiting for the sweet rice to cook. In the big pan poured the coconut milk and add water and put into the medium fire until it boil then add the dark brown sugar and stir until it become sticky then add the sweet rice and mixed altogether over and over until well mixed. Let's stand about 5 minutes then stir again and turn off the fire. That's all.

Flat Cake (Bibingka)

Ingredients
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups coconut milk
3 beaten eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour (my apology--i thot it's ground rice in earlier postings)
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 cup grated edam cheese
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, to baste
1/2 cup grated coconut

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the sugar with the coconut milk in a bowl.
3. Make sure sugar has dissolved.
4. Add beaten eggs.
5. In bowl, sift the flour.
6. Add salt and baking powder and sift again.
7. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture.
8. Beat well.
9. Pour into baking pan.
10. Bake for 15 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes more, brushing twice with margarine while baking.
12. When done, brush again with margarine.
13. Serve with grated coconut.

NB: Thanks to google.LOL I have my mom and 3 elder sisters to cook/bake sweet treats for the younger ones dawg..so my 'critical' role is tasting (& eating) the stuff. ;D ;D ;D

thanx, doc.  you're definitely a doll!! :)  if I am there, I'd be eating the stuff with you, too........... love to eat, 'ya know!!  maybe you can cook some pancit for me.  hehehe.   ;D :) 8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

v

vj evardone

« Reply #886 on: June 28, 2009, 12:25:08 AM »
thanx, doc.  you're definitely a doll!! :)  if I am there, I'd be eating the stuff with you, too........... love to eat, 'ya know!!  maybe you can cook some pancit for me.  hehehe.   ;D :) 8)
haha--sure, though you can also enjoy some at Sweet's carenderia when u visit Bohol. ;D ang walang-kamatayang pancit (for long life esp when sombody's celebrating his bday).LOL

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 28, 2009, 12:44:17 AM »
haha--sure, though you can also enjoy some at Sweet's carenderia when u visit Bohol. ;D ang walang-kamatayang pancit (for long life esp when sombody's celebrating his bday).LOL

will definitely do that when I visit bohol.......... first stop after the airport!  I'm sure I'll be very hungry by then.

that's what my mom say that's why there's always pancit or spaghetti on b-days.  then, I tell her that I'd rather have a quality, full, and exciting life than a long dull one.   ;) :) 8)

v

vj evardone

« Reply #888 on: June 28, 2009, 12:52:31 AM »
will definitely do that when I visit bohol.......... first stop after the airport!  I'm sure I'll be very hungry by then.
that's what my mom say that's why there's always pancit or spaghetti on b-days.  then, I tell her that I'd rather have a quality, full, and exciting life than a long dull one.   ;) :) 8)
m sure ur next Bohol experience will be a lot different and more exciting--Bohol is MG.com's main headquarters (aside from LA).LOL Boholster, Sweets, GitZ, fafa Wills, Mama Faye, etc..will be hapi to make sure of that. 8)

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 28, 2009, 12:59:35 AM »
m sure ur next Bohol experience will be a lot different and more exciting--Bohol is MG.com's main headquarters (aside from LA).LOL Boholster, Sweets, GitZ, fafa Wills, Mama Faye, etc..will be hapi to make sure of that. 8)

somebody from bohol, including the "rogz", and I are already talking about what we're gonna do (especially, ihaw-ihaw) when I go there.  just gotta figure out when.  you should go there with me or at least at the same time as I am............ that should make things even more interesting as it already will be.   ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:01:23 AM by devildawg »