7 Asian Delicacies - Try It!

• 60 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Iguana Reptile
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2011, 10:21:59 PM »
There is no doubt that the iguana (yuana) is king of Curaçao reptiles. Although its impressive dragon-like dorsal crest gives iggy a ferocious look, the animal is, in fact, quite shy. Because of its rare double penis the meat and eggs are coveted as supposedly powerful aphrodisiacs. Iguana soup is a local delicacy; the meat tastes somewhat like chicken. Iguana hunting is a popular sport so don't be surprised if you see someone by the side of the road proudly holding up their catch up for sale. Although iguanas are land animals they are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath underwater for as long as five minutes. The young are bright green; adults can change color from green to grey, blending in easily with the underbrush and rocky outcroppings. Curaçao is the first place in the world to successfully breed them in captivity. :D ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:25:51 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.