• 3 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Hockey News: Rangers prospect dies during game
« on: October 13, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »
Rangers prospect dies during game

NEW YORK (TICKER) —New York Rangers prospect Alexei Cherepanov died during a game in his native Russia on Monday night. He was 19.

The Rangers did not reveal the circumstances of Cherepanov’s death when contacted by PA SportsTicker.

The New York Post reported that Cherepanov suffered a heart attack and collapsed on the bench during Avangard Omsk’s game against Vityav Chekhov.

TSN of Canada reported that medical officials attempted to get Cherepanov’s heart beating again. According to the web site, there was no ambulance present at the arena. The report stated that it took between “15 and 20 minutes” to transport Cherepanov from the arena to the hospital.

Rangers general manager Glen Sather addressed the tragedy in a statement released by the team.

“We are extremely saddened by the tragic passing of Alexei,” Sather said. “On behalf of the New York Rangers organization, I would like to extend our deepest sympathies to his family. Alexei was an intelligent, energetic young man with tremendous talent and an extremely bright future.”

The 17th overall selection in the 2007 draft, Cherepanov had been playing with Avangard Omsk of Russia’s Continental Hockey League. He had seven goals and five assists in 12 games for Avangard this season.

“He was a great kid,” Cherepanov’s agent, Jay Grossman, told TSN. “He had a great smile and was an outstanding player with a great future on and off the ice. It’s both shocking and devastating news for all of us.”

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:47:55 PM by The BoholBizz »

gitz_

• i love my MG shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Hockey News: Rangers prospect dies during game
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 04:05:26 PM »
mao ni dreamsports nko

Hershey

• The best thing about me is "YOU".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »
yes  i read it too... so sad :(.. hes too young..
IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/MrsBoop_4_life/my%20pictures/love.jpg[/IMG]

Rebel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »
he could have bene the next generation's superstar in hockey