MISS DWCT 1976, LETTY MARIA ROCHA TINAMPAY

• 4 replies

brew

• Global Moderator
  • we love not by choice but by chance...
    • View Profile
    • www.boholster.com
MISS DWCT 1976, LETTY MARIA ROCHA TINAMPAY
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »
 AN INTERVIEW WITH MISS DWCT 1976

1976 was the year I was involved with the selection for MS. DWC-T.  I was called by the Dean of the College of Commerce Mrs. Praxedes Lopena and was told that I was chosen to represent our college in the annual search for Miss DWCT. When I told my parents about it, they did not like the idea especially my father, Atty. Sulpicio A. Tinampay.  So, I told our Dean that I cannot join.  Then, when I came home one night from school,  I was surprised to see  our Dean Ma'am  Lopena ,together with the rest of the faculty members of the College of  Commerce, at our house to see my parents and to try convincing them to allow me to join.  Consequently, Pa and Ma couldn't say no to them, but with some restrictions on my participation to the contest.  I was not allowed to wear tube without strap. So, you will notice I was the only one among the candidates wearing tube with straps.   

The school shouldered the cost of of our attire for the final night of the selection of MS. DWC-T Personality.  The candidates' gowns, shorts and tube  and another set of attire for the night of the final selection of MS. DWC-T Personality.

The Miss DWCT Pageant was held at the time when Martial Law  was  at its peak after Marcos' declaration.

My question coming from the chairman of Judges:

Q:  Are you in favor of lifting up Martial Law NOW.  If you are in favor give your reason WHY and if not in favor WHY NOT?

My Answer with no Ahh.ss.. and no OHh.hs. Answer  straight to the point was:

NO, I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF LIFTING UP MARTIAL  LAW NOW SINCE THE PEOPLE ARE STILL ADJUSTING FROM THE OLD SOCIETY TO THE NEW SOCIETY. WE HAVE TO GIVE TIME FOR THINGS TO SETTLE DOWN.  THANK YOU.

During her farewell walk as MS.DWCT 1976-1977 and to relinquish her crown and trophy to the New MS. DWCT

After relinquishing her crown to the New DWCT. with her parents & Bohol Gov. Lino Chatto

During the royal dance on the final night selection with her brother Jimmy

Right after being declared the winner, her father, Atty. Sulpicio A. Tinampay hugged her with joy

proud father, Atty. Sulpicio A. Tinampay and sister Miriam, donning on her cape after being declared the winner, MS. DWC-T, 1976

considered one of the classiest Miss DWCT winners ever, Letty Tinampay came from one of the socially- prominent clans of Tagbilaran City

Letty epitomized beauty, brains, and breeding

Crowning the new campus queen is the very first Miss HNC, the former Pastora Mendoza, now Mrs. Pastora Mendoza vda. de Visarra

Resplendent in her majestic float during the DWCT College Days 76 Floral Parade
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:43:00 AM by brew »
check this website out:

www.boholster.com

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
Re: MISS DWCT 1976, LETTY MARIA ROCHA TINAMPAY
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 02:19:08 AM »
a class of her own
Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com