Calamansi Juice and Benefits

• 1304 replies

Hector

• line dance guru
    • View Profile
Calamansi Juice and Benefits
« on: October 27, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
Ever since I came overseas, I have always dreamed of planting a calamansi bush in my backyard.In our family home in Landing, Bukidnon, Philippines, My parents, brothers and sisters planted a lot of lime bushes at the back of the house. Daddy and Mama discovered the art of 'marcoting' and they went to marcot and propagate most bushes. Going back to the endless supply of lime, we always served freshly pressed lemonade (we had this calamansi crossed with lime which had a bigger fruit and a lime-ey taste) to our guests- sometimes Mama will wonder how come the sugar went so fast-- we can't afford to buy soft drinks then...

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
Re: Calamansi : Filipino Lime I Planted
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »
wow Hector and Mikey...please give me some! ;D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:15:11 AM by thatsmyboy1992 »
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

s

swiftslaughter

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:08:03 AM »

In a pitcher, thoroughly mix the juice and the sugar syrup. Add enough chilled water to make 2 tall glasses. Pour into glasses, add some ice cubes and garnish. Serve immediately during breakfast, snack or “merienda” time. It’s healthy and delicious. Enjoy! :-)

Try this to discover the significance of this rather not so liked fruits outside of the Philippines. Here in Sri Lanka alone, they are sometimes left to just rot on the trees. After having this luscious drink, probably……just probably, you’ll realize that “calamansi” has better usage and deserves a second look. c“,)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:46:57 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:11:35 AM »
Bring those to the party, Mikey! We can use them with the Corona's :D

ok, i will then we can save some money instead of going Ralph's.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:41:40 PM by Mikey is the »

a

aiko

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 01:27:19 AM »
nice hector.. ;D
na mis na naku ang lemon juice sa pinas  ::)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:43:03 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »

s

swiftslaughter

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:28:27 AM »
Taken from Wikipedia: "Popping the whole fruit into the mouth to combine the sweet and sour tastes is quite pleasant, though a surprise the first time. The fruit can be frozen whole and used as ice cubes in beverages like tea or ginger ale. The juice extracted by crushing the whole fruit makes a flavorful drink similar to lemonade, and a liqueur can also be made from the whole fruits, in combination with vodka and sugar." Sound pretty versatile and interesting.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:32:30 AM by Mikey is the »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 01:29:06 AM »
The rule of thumb is to add two parts water for every one part juice and of course, some sugar syrup to counter or balance the sourness. You are at liberty to adjust the amount of water and sugar syrup according to your personal preference and taste.

As a guide though, here is what I do. To make 2 tall glasses of the lemonade drinks, we need about ¾ cup juice of “calamansi” (from about 20 mature fruits), ¾ cups sugar syrup which I made by dissolving 5 tbsp of water into ½ cup of hot water, about 8 pieces ice cubes and some chilled water.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:44:45 PM by thatsmyboy1992 »

a

aiko

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 01:31:37 AM »
can you eat the kalamansi the whole thing?
o db wid asin  ;D

Hector's cousins came by today to visit him and of course a pictorial session with the famous Calamansi Tree, Rolly, Linda and Estrella were having fun today.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 12:26:12 AM by mikey_gatal »

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52:01 AM »
Taken from Wikipedia: "Popping the whole fruit into the mouth to combine the sweet and sour tastes is quite pleasant, though a surprise the first time. The fruit can be frozen whole and used as ice cubes in beverages like tea or ginger ale. The juice extracted by crushing the whole fruit makes a flavorful drink similar to lemonade, and a liqueur can also be made from the whole fruits, in combination with vodka and sugar." Sound pretty versatile and interesting.

nice research, nick....its really a gud source of vitamin C..

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »
o db wid asin  ;D
My golly.....I'm salivating already....I can taste it in my mouth.... ;D Sarap jud oy!
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php