Patricia Fernandez : Bb. Pilipnas International 2008

• 1 replies
Patricia Fernandez : Bb. Pilipnas International 2008
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:47:41 AM »
Miss Philippines Patricia Fernandez made it to semi-finals of Miss International 2008

By Bong Godinez

"I feel very fulfilled that I made it to the semi-finals, and it wouldn't be possible without the prayers of my countrymen. I already feel so blessed, and having the chance to represent the country is already a victory in itself," said Bb. Pilipinas-International 2008 Patricia Fernandez in a statement following her stint in the pageant held last November 8 at Venetian Hotel in Macau, China.
Despite failing to clinch the 2008 Miss International Pageant title, Patricia Fernandez of the Philippines still managed to make her countrymen proud after making it to the semi-finals of the beauty pageant. The recently concluded event was staged last November 8 at the Venetian Hotel in Macau, China.

Patricia was joined in the semi-final round by other representatives coming from Japan, Ecuador, Lebanon, Turkey, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Poland, Colombia, Czech Republic, Spain and China.

Alejandra Andreu of Spain bagged the coveted crown while Miss Colombia, Maria Cristina Diaz-Granados Dangond emerged as first runner-up.

BEAUTY AND BRAINS. Patricia graduated from the University of the Philippines where she obtained a degree in BA Speech Communication. As for her hobbies, the pretty lass cited swimming, singing, and playing the piano as some of the activities she enjoys doing.

Before going to Macau to compete, a send-off party was organized exclusively for Patricia at the Mandarin Suites at Gateway Mall in Cubao, Quezon City where she asked everyone to pray for her. During the occasion, Patricia brandished her piano-playing skills before the guests while singing kundiman tunes.

She's also adept in speaking Mandarin and Niponggo, and had months of extensive training at the Dale Carnegie Training—the celebrated UK-based personal and management development institute.

Curiously, Patricia's interest in beauty pageants only intensified after she wrote a thesis on the subject. "It opened my eyes to this industry. Now I really want to get the chance to represent the country," she revealed during an interview conducted by the Bb. Pilipinas committee.

Patricia made known her intention to become a teacher someday by pursuing inter-cultural communication studies. "I think communication plays a big role in bridging the inter-cultural gap. If only we would be able to resolve this, people will be able to understand each other better," she stated in her profile.

The Philippines has produced four winners in the Miss International pageant since its inception in 1960: Gemma Cruz-Araneta (1964), Aurora Pijuan (1970), Melanie Marquez (1979), and Precious Lara Quigaman (2005). Philippine Entertainment Portal, Philippines, 18.11.08

MariAnnaGipit

• Beauty Queen/Model
    • View Profile
Re: Patricia Fernandez : Bb. Pilipnas International 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 03:50:37 AM »
good for her
"make love not war,world peace"