Saying Grace In A Restaurant

• 5 replies

ginapanso

• "Luv U"
    • View Profile
Saying Grace In A Restaurant
« on: December 01, 2008, 02:54:19 AM »
A friend of mine shared this and I love this  story! Please keep it moving. Sometimes, we all  need some ice cream.I  hope God sends you some Ice Cream today!

Child's prayer....

Last  week, I took my children to a restaurant.
My  six-year-old son asked if he could say grace.
As we bowed  our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I  would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and  justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the  other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, "That's what's  wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for  ice cream! Why, I never!"
Hearing this, my son burst into  tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at  me?"
As I held him and assured him that he had done a  terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman  approached the table.
He winked at my son and said, "I  happen to know that God thought that was a great  prayer."
"Really?" my son asked.
"Cross  my heart," the man replied.
Then, in a theatrical whisper,  he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too  bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul  sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end  of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will  remember the rest of my life.
He picked up his sundae and, without a word,  walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her,  "Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is  good already."
"side view is my better side"

MariAnnaGipit

• Beauty Queen/Model
    • View Profile
Re: Saying Grace In A Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 03:51:50 AM »
my heart goes to the child.
"make love not war,world peace"

alfonso_potane

• its me..
    • View Profile
    • SAN ISIDRO BOHOL-TOWN
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 04:09:54 AM »
wew nice story.. ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 05:02:47 AM »
i won't make a child cry

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:47:07 AM »
i will make a child happy if they listen to us i usully would buy ice cream too
andrew lee

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »
aaawww...that was a nice prayer...i'll pray the same to get an ice cream too... ;)
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.