VJE.5 is missing

• 312 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: VJE.5 is missing
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
why no comment on dirty "young" Art's tactics?
 ???

"Indifference is a weapon of mass destruction!"
 :) ;)
Yes, Dr. Amalayer, why no comment on dirty "young" Art's tactics? 'coz not worth it, right? Tereng's not interested in him, is she? :(
He's just nothing but an oldsh**, isn't he? ;D ;) He was talking about himself when he said,

looya ning tiguwanga oi murag dad on man tngale nya ang iyang kasuya hantud kamatay? hehe enjoy the rest of ur life juan, go f*** somebody else!, dont force urself oldsh**!, kong ayaw nya sayo then go ayaw pud pamugos! kuwang sa pag tagad.
And speaking of lust, unlike him, no need for me to go to the Philippines and prey on poor Filipino lasses. Myriad of o/s coeds here. Australia's a rich and promiscuous country. ::) ;)
Don't even have to pay for it. Simply prostitute myself to them. My service is private tutorial. As payment, they spread their legs for me. Nothing personal. Strictly business relationship. It's my brain that makes me sexually attractive. :P 8) ;)
In fact, logi ako kc selling myself cheap as tutorial here is very expensive. Not to mention very hard to come by. But they compensate by doing their best to pamper me. And I can afford to be selective with my mentees. Don't teach ugly ones. :P Hehe :) ;)

When looking for love, Dr. Amalayer, gotta be one who's worth all I have. Unsa-on ma ng kuarta. Di ma na nako madala sa la-ing kalibutan. 8)

"Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse;
it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives."
 (Bertrand Russell)

"Not to promise heaven,
But to give the earth.
Not to promise 'til death do us part,
But to give life a new meaning." :)

You're a doctor. And your scholastic standing shows you to be brainy. But your behaviour and action surprise me. Doctor man unta ka, nganong mag-ingon ana man ka! Sa bagay, sa Pinas, even morons can become doctors.  ;D  ;)

Rather than antagonizing me, you should have consulted Babat re Siquijor lumai.  Nalumai unta ko.  ;D ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:41:38 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
May 6, 2013

Quick Take: Siting renewables is a major challenge. First you've got to figure out the best spot to generate the power. Then some way to transmit it. And then you have to layer in the political realities -- whose backyard you'll be allowed to violate with the sight of a wind or transmission tower. A new tool from one of our national laboratories will make the task a little bit easier for the Eastern Interconnection. It doesn't show where the NIMBYs live, but it does reveal the best places for renewables. And all with an easy-to-use map interface. -- Jesse Berst

The free online mapping tool enables users to identify potential clean energy resource areas within the Eastern Transmission Interconnection. It covers eight energy resources: biomass, clean coal, geothermal, nuclear, solar, storage, waterand wind.

According to the Eastern Interconnection States' Planning Council (EISPC) the tool includes these features:
•         Flexible analysis of siting factors such as slope and land protections
•         Analysis of potential collocation of energy technologies
•         Informed analysis to reduce new transmission construction

j

juan

• View Profile
Smart grid challenges: Annual survey reveals a worried industry
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »
Yes, Dr. Amalayer, why no comment on dirty "young" Art's tactics? 'coz not worth it, right? Tereng's not interested in him, is she? :(
He's just nothing but an oldsh**, isn't he? ;D ;) He was talking about himself when he said,
And speaking of lust, unlike him, no need for me to go to the Philippines and prey on poor Filipino lasses. Myriad of o/s coeds here. Australia's a rich and promiscuous country. ::) ;)
Don't even have to pay for it. Simply prostitute myself to them. My service is private tutorial. As payment, they spread their legs for me. Nothing personal. Strictly business relationship. It's my brain that makes me sexually attractive. :P 8) ;)
In fact, logi ako kc selling myself cheap as tutorial here is very expensive. Not to mention very hard to come by. But they compensate by doing their best to pamper me. And I can afford to be selective with my mentees. Don't teach ugly ones. :P Hehe :) ;)

When looking for love, Dr. Amalayer, gotta be one who's worth all I have. Unsa-on ma ng kuarta. Di ma na nako madala sa la-ing kalibutan. 8)
"Not to promise heaven,
But to give the earth.
Not to promise 'til death do us part,
But to give life a new meaning." :)

You're a doctor. And your scholastic standing shows you to be brainy. But your behaviour and action surprise me. Doctor man unta ka, nganong mag-ingon ana man ka! Sa bagay, sa Pinas, even morons can become doctors.  ;D  ;)

Rather than antagonizing me, you should have consulted Babat re Siquijor lumai.  Nalumai unta ko.  ;D ;)

Milestone: #views = 9060.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2013, 07:48:24 PM »
Smart grid challenges: Annual survey reveals a worried industry
May 8, 2013

Black & Veatch is out with its annual survey of utility executives. As you read through the release on Page 2 of this article, I predict you'll find few surprises. But even though you know most of this already, it's nice to see it confirmed and validated. You're not in this alone -- your fellow utility professionals are feeling the same pain. - Jesse Berst

Black & Veatch’s seventh annual U.S. electric utility industry survey revealed that executives are pre-occupied with a wide range of issues. We noted these key findings.

•         Yes, we really are in turbulent times. It's not just in your head -- these really are challenging days for the utility industry. Dean Oskvig, President of Black & Veatch’s global energy business, put it this way: “... major shifts are occurring just as the industry embarks on a new round of unprecedented capital spending addressing concerns over aging infrastructure, reliability and resilience.”
•         Reliability is top of mind.  It has always been that way, but the recent spate of storms and disasters has made it even more of a concern.
•         Rate cases are getting more worrisome. Rate recovery jumped from 9th to 3rd on the list of top issues.
•         The smart grid marches on with most utilities planning to expand or start grid modernization in 2013, despite the concerns about getting regulatory support. Advanced metering infrastructure is the leading area, followed by demand response and fault location, isolation and restoration.
•         Carbon regulation continues to scare us even though there's little prospect of federal legislation.
•         Renewables are achievable with only 3.4% believing that technical issues will prevent them from hitting RPS mandates.
•         Distributed generation is growing in popularity and more and more industrial customers and looking to produce electricity on premises.

And here's a tidbit for those watching the debate over whether and how to employ cellular networks. More than two-thirds think telecomm networks will be important or very important to their future operations.

j

juan

• View Profile

Presenting Dr. Vanessa Joyce “Bambi” Matuod Evardone aka Dr. Amalayer!
Bohol's pride! Bohol's goddess!!!!!
 ;D ;)

Milestone: #views = 9078.
Calling all engineers and engineering aspirants (especially EEs) back home!
These exciting new opportunities will surely interest you. Hehehe.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:59:00 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »
Smart grid strategy: S&C leadership change sets the stage for new opportunities
May 9, 2013 

Earlier this year, S&C Electric brought in a new CEO, Kyle Seymour. This makes it an ideal time to get a sense of S&C's strategic directions. As always with such examinations, my goal is to help utilities decide if a company is a good fit as a long-term partner.

If I were forced to sum up S&C in a single phrase, I'd borrow one of Barack Obama's favorite terms. S&C Electric "punches above its weight." Although it is a mid-size player in terms of sales (roughly $700 million) and employees, it has had heavyweight influence on the smart grid due to its innovations.

That influence is made stronger by S&C's "balance." Some grid companies are too slow and stodgy. Their customers risk missing out on important, valuable innovations. Other companies -- startups in particular -- are too far out in front, putting their customers at risk with unproven concepts. S&C Electric avoids both extremes. The company is definitely at the leading edge. Yet its sober engineering heritage restrains it from releasing new products before they are ready for prime time.

I spent time with Kyle Seymour and with outgoing CEO John Estey to get a look ahead. - Jesse Berst

Now more than 100 years old, employee-owned and Chicago-based S&C Electric provides electric power equipment and services, competing with the likes of ABB, Eaton/Cooper, General Electric and Siemens.
On paper, Kyle Seymour makes sense to lead S&C Electric in its next phase. First, he is already familiar with S&C from serving on its Board since 2010. Second, he has experience both with industrial manufacturing and with an employee-owned business as the President and CEO of XTEK, a maker of heavy-duty mechanical components. Third, he has both an engineering degree plus an MBA from Harvard.

His transition will be made easier by the continued involvement of previous CEO John Estey. He will continue as Executive Chairman, where he will focus on the company's outside relations with customers, stakeholders and regulators.

Where next for S&C?
S&C prides itself on what it calls "customer-centered innovation." Yes, they innovate, but they point that effort toward real-world problems. Seymour told me the company is currently focused on three issues:
•         Self-healing. S&C Electric's IntelliRupter product line is already the thought leader in self-healing circuit reclosers. They have achieved some very visible successes at places such as Chattanooga, where S&C gear has brought significant and measurable improvements in reliability. In some cases, payback is as quick as a year or two.
•         Efficiency (including volt/VAR optimization)
•         Storage. Although S&C doesn't make batteries, it acts as a storage integrator, both for grid-scale storage and for community energy storage

Distributed intelligence as differentiator
If S&C has a single signature capability, it is its "distributed intelligence" approach. The company has long pioneered the notion of pushing intelligence out to the edges, to allow equipment to make first-order decisions on its own, without the need to check back with central command.

This concept is increasingly important. Some distribution networks now have millions of meters and sensors sending data back and forth. And thousands of solar PV and other sources of distributed generation pumping power. If for every single decision the system has to send data to central command then wait for the decision to come back, it cannot respond in time to prevent an outage.

In reality, the phrase "distributed intelligence" could give the wrong impression of S&C's approach. Yes, it believes that smarts should be scattered throughout the system. But it also believes in central coordination. So the S&C method is actually a hybrid approach. It uses intelligence in the field where needed for speed; and central intelligence for overall guidance and operation. As proof of this hybrid approach, S&C is hard at work with Alstom and Schneider to integrate its product set with those companies' distribution management systems (DMS).

Challenges ahead
It's easy to root for S&C, but the free market doesn't care if that S&C is a bunch of nice guys sincerely doing their best. And it doesn't care if they have an equitable, employee-owned culture. It only cares about results. As I look at the next few years, I have these questions about S&C's prospects.

Can they master the CEO sell? S&C has typically sold to mid-level managers using a tactical, technical story. That's not sufficient anymore. Can S&C get good at slick CEO presentations that include a heavy dose of strategy?

Can they counter the financial muscle of the big boys? Rivals such as ABB and Siemens have been on an acquisitions spree, snapping up small and mid-size companies to round out their portfolios. As an employee-owned firm, S&C doesn't have publicly traded stock it can use to lubricate transactions. It will have to finance its acquisitions internally.

Will the market come around to the distributed intelligence approach? My technical friends tell me that distributed intelligence is not only the best way but perhaps the only way to manage the grid of the future. But the utility industry has a long history of living in the past as long as possible. S&C could be ahead of the market.

Can it truly master storage? Many energy storage pilots -- from S&C and from others -- have suffered from the "blahs." They haven't been failures, but neither have they been smashing successes. Will this category show solid growth, or will it remain stuck in pilot phase? Surprisingly, the energy storage market is quite crowded. On one end are giants like ABB. On the other a plethora of startups such as Demand Energy, GreenSmith, 1Energy and many others. All fighting over a very small pie. My guess: renewables integration will be the only storage application that really accelerates for the next two years.

Can it attract the talent it needs to stay ahead? This problem is not unique to S&C by any means. Indeed, we recently saw General Electric open a huge software center in Silicon Valley to improve its access to software talent. S&C can't throw that kind of money at the problem (though it does have a small Silicon Valley operation). On the other hand, employee-owned companies have their own special benefits that a GE can't offer.

Can it play the "frenemies" game with the big industrials? S&C competes with the likes of ABB, Siemens and GE. As Seymour admits, "if they put it all together they could give us a problem because they have so much horsepower." The solution, he says, is to "run fast and learn to work with them as partners." A tough balancing act.

Opportunities abound
If S&C can find its way around the obstacles, it faces a landscape full of possibilities. One opportunity is the growing cry for reliability in storm-beset regions such as the Northeast and Midwest United States. S&C's smart protection gear plays perfectly to that story. Distributed intelligence is very valuable in big storms, where it can minimize cascading outages (and do so even if the central intelligence has been disabled or can't communicate).

Microgrids are another opportunity area. If microgrids start popping up in quantity, utilities will badly need S&C protection gear and S&C storage know-how to cope with the problems they bring along. The company is closely involved with the Galvin Electricity Initiative and the Illinois Institute of Technology in microgrid testing. Estey and Seymour told me that microgrids "are not ready for investor-owned utilities," so they expect the action to come from campuses and military bases and other institutions that need to keep the power flowing even if the grid goes down.

How do you see S&C Electric's strengths and weaknesses? Can a mid-size company continue to compete against giant industrials that are 10 to 100 times its size? Use the Talk Back form to share your insights.

Jesse Berst is the founder and Chief Analyst of SGN and Chairman of the Smart Cities Council, an industry coalition.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2013, 04:18:45 PM »
Lest you forget, Dr. Amalayer!
;D ;)
miss ya, baby!
Why don't you come on back here so we can resume our oral intercourse? ??? Hehe
Today's 1st day of winter here. Getting colder .
Really need a young and hot human blanket to warm me. One like Cristine Reyes. Know any Filipino lass?
 ??? ;)
Nope. Certainly not your losyang friend.
 ;D ;)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2013, 05:07:44 PM »
June Gloom bagay sa kanya!

j

juan

• View Profile
This week’s smart grid winners: new projects, new partnerships
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
omg Rg, missed you all too!  :-* :-* :-* nyc to be back
Lest you've forgotten us, Dr. Amalayer!
We miss you, too!

;D ;)
June Gloom bagay sa kanya!
"Be kind to those who are old,
For kindness is dearer than gold."
 :D ;)

What SHe did to fat oldsh## was really an act of charity, isn't it? Wonder what SHe got in return. Tingali usa ka balut ra. Pan-os pa ra ba jyud! ;D ;)

Wonder if SHe or, for that matter, every other young Boholana would do something similar to me.  :-* Modern Boholana hospitality. New Bohol culture. Hehe :) ;)

Surely, Brew has heaps of Rino Kamiya lookalike in his collection. Hayyy! Masarap sana kon puedi maka-select. :) ;)

And what can I give her in return? :-\

Calling all engineers and engineering aspirants (especially EEs) back home!
These exciting new opportunities will surely interest you. Hehehe.

Quote from: juan on July 09, 2013, 03:17:48 PM
Offering money/scholarships to a young talented Filipino woman to become an engineer in exchange for a night (or nights) with you for whatever absurd plans and crap that you're very desperate of  becoming my wife.
 :-* ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Milestone: #views = 9790.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:28:54 PM by juan »