Soju Korean Rice Wine

• 66 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Soju Korean Rice Wine
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »

Soju (hangul: ??; hanja: ??), a clear, slightly sweet distilled spirit, is by far the most popular Korean liquor. It is made from grain or sweet potatoes and is generally inexpensive. It typically has an alcohol content of 40 proof (20% alc. by volume). There is a version with top notch ingredients distilled using traditional methods that hails from the city of Andong that is 90 to 100 proof. This version has a government protection/regulation seal, as Andong has historically been known as a fine soju center among other things. While all soju in Korea are priced almost identically (inexpensively as previously mentioned), Andong soju commands more than 20 times that price. It is the cognac to commercial soju's vin du pays. In the late 20th century soju flavored with lemon or green tea became available. The Japanese version is called Sh?ch?.

In Korea, the major crop has historically been rice, and thus most Korean traditional alcoholic beverages have been made from rice, of both the glutinous and non-glutinous variety, which are fermented with the aid of yeast and nuruk, a wheat-based source of the enzyme amylase. Additionally, Koreans often use fruits, flowers, herbs, and other ingredients to flavor these beverages, to a much greater extent than Chinese wines.

There are six main types of Korean alcoholic beverages: yakju, distilled liquors (including soju), takju, fruit wines, flower wines, and medicinal wines.

Re: Soju Korean Rice Wine
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »
ahhh my kryptonite!!!
I would like to do to you what spring does to cherry trees'...ces't tout!!!

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:05:24 PM »
ooopppsss...sorry i can't relate..i dont drink...  :P
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:05:48 PM »
If you drink this, it will increase your Libido :o :o :o
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
have you talked to some koreans lately kent?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 08:50:15 AM by Mikey »

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »
well i jus started drinkin this...and grew every fond of it!!
I would like to do to you what spring does to cherry trees'...ces't tout!!!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »
well i jus started drinkin this...and grew every fond of it!!

with the calamansi mix?

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »
nick loves the soju!

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 12:32:41 PM »