Worst Is Yet to Come

• 36 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Is Yet to Come
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
i just want to leave the bad memories in 2011, there's no turning back to those who have caused us pain, i don't want them in my life >>> ever!
Easier said than done.
"What hurts the most is that the memories I used to hold so close to me are now the memories I wish I could forget forever. (anon)" :) ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:44:45 PM by juan »
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
US workers to fill Australian skill shortage
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 01:20:29 AM »
By Sarah O'Carroll and AAP From: news.com.au April 02, 2012 3:22PM

A plan to fill Australian jobs with US workers might just be a ploy to import cheaper ::), short-term workers, unions warn.
The ACTU and businesses are on a collision course over a Federal Government plan to allow workers from the United States, such as electricians and plumbers, to get their licence to work in Australia on arrival.

Federal Skills Minister Chris Evans said from mid-April the measure would link Australian employers with skilled workers in the US to fill skill shortages, especially in the civil engineering areas.
:) ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
i might work there as miner

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
Cheap labour? ??? ;D ;)
We prefer girls here. And give them high pay. Hehehe.  :) ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:02:31 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Thousands of US workers apply for mining jobs
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 12:54:28 AM »
Australian Mining 13 June, 2012 Andrew Duffy

More than 2,000 skilled workers from the United States have applied for 700 construction and mining jobs in QLD and WA.

The applications follow the Federal Government's Skills Australia Needs expo held in Texas recently.

The West Australian reports US Ambassador to Australia Jeffrey Bleich said more expos would be held around the US in the coming months to build on the first event's success.

Many of the US workers are former war veterans with transferrable skills as well as experienced workers struggling to find jobs in the ailing US economy. :(

According to The West Australian Bleich said the international labour would not be permanent and help get resources projects up and running.

"The nice thing about Americans is we like to do a good job and do our best but we go home afterwards so we won't be taking away any jobs for Australians, we'll just keep the momentum going for the boom," he said.

The Skills Australia Needs expo follows Federal changes to make it easier for workers to migrate and have their skills recognised in Australia.

Over the weekend the Government's Resources Sector Jobs Board went online, aiming to give Australians the first chance to score mining work before it's offered to foreign workers.

Under new rules companies must first advertise positions on the jobs board before applying for Enterprise Migration Agreements.
i might work there as miner ??? ;D ;)
Cheap labour? ??? ;D ;)
We prefer girls here. And give them high pay. Hehehe.  :) ;)
Merely trying to discourage sheilas from choosing you or Dawg. Hehehe. :) ;) All is fair in love and war.  ;D ;)
Yes, sheilas! for greener pasture Aus’s the way to go. Forget about USA. Uncle Sam’s current debt is $15,781,714,613,213.39.
:o :o :o ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:09:51 AM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
Weak US Job Market Weighs On Broader Economy
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 10:15:49 PM »
Mon, 06/25/2012 - 9:38am by Christopher S. Rugaber, AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) — The sluggish job market is weighing on the U.S. economy three years after the Great Recession ended. And the signs suggest hiring may not strengthen any time soon.

A measure of the number of people applying for unemployment benefits over the past month has reached a six-month high, the government said Thursday. The increase suggests that layoffs are rising and June will be another tepid month for hiring.

Sales of previously occupied homes fell in May. And manufacturing activity in the Philadelphia region contracted for the second straight month in June.

The gloomy economic data echoed a more pessimistic outlook from the Federal Reserve issued Wednesday.

The reports also contributed to a sharp decline in stock prices. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 251 points to close at 12,574. The Standard & Poor's 500 index and the Nasdaq composite both ended the day down more than 2 percent.

"It appears the slow-growth expansion will be slower," said John Silvia, chief economist at Wells Fargo Securities, in a note to clients.

Thursday's raft of economic reports showed:

— Applications for unemployment benefits dipped last week to 387,000, from an upwardly revised 389,000 the previous week, the Labor Department said. The four-week average, a less volatile measure, rose to 386,250. That is the highest level since December. When applications for unemployment benefits top 375,000, hiring generally remains too weak to rapidly lower the unemployment rate.

— Home sales fell 1.5 percent in May from April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.55 million, the National Association of Realtors said. Sales are up 9.6 percent from a year ago. That suggests that the housing market is slowly improving. But the annual sales rate is well below the 6 million that economists consider healthy.

— The Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank said its index of regional manufacturing activity fell sharply to -16.6 from -5.8. That's the lowest level in nearly a year. A reading below zero indicates contraction. Measures of new orders and shipments also plummeted.

— A gauge of future U.S. economic activity rose in May to its highest level in four years, one of the few positive signs Thursday. The Conference Board's index of leading economic indicators increased to 95.8. That's the highest level since June 2008, which was six months into the recession. Still, before the recession, the index routinely topped 100.

The generally bleak news came a day after the Fed downgraded its outlook for growth and took another step to try and jolt the economy.

The Fed now expects growth of just 1.9 percent to 2.4 percent for the year. That's half a percentage point lower than its previous estimate in April. And it thinks the unemployment rate, now 8.2 percent, won't fall much further in 2012.

To try to boost growth and hiring, the Fed said it would extend a program intended to drive down long-term U.S. interest rates. Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke hopes that will encourage more borrowing and spending.

Hiring slowed sharply in April and May, raising concerns about the strength of the recovery. Employers have added an average of only 73,000 jobs a month in April and May. That's much lower than the average of 226,000 added in the first three months of this year.

Some economists warned that the weaker job market may have started to affect home sales, which until recently had been showing modest improvement.

Purchases made by first-time buyers, who are critical to a housing recovery, slipped in May. And sales fell in every region except the Midwest.

"Not a surprise that existing home sales took a step back in May," said Jennifer Lee, an economist at BMO Capital Markets. "Softening job growth could slow the housing recovery."

One positive sign in the report: The supply of homes for sale remains low. The inventory of unsold homes in May was just 2.49 million, roughly the same as in April. It would take only about six months to exhaust the supply at the current sales pace. Not since 2006, when the housing market was booming, has the supply been so low relative to the pace of home sales.

A low supply typically encourages more people to put homes up for sale. That generally improves the overall quality of the homes on the market, which drives prices higher.

The weaker manufacturing activity in the Philadelphia region likely reflects the worsening debt crisis in Europe, which has dampened demand for U.S. exports.

Despite the plunge in the survey, companies said they're more optimistic about business conditions in the six months. A gauge of future expectations rose to 19.5 in June from 15 the previous month.

Economists cautioned that the Philly Fed index is volatile and does not always reflect the state of manufacturing nationwide.

Paul Dales, an economist at Capital Economics, noted that the index fell sharply in August but bounced back into positive territory two months later.

"The weight of the evidence therefore suggests that the easing in demand in Europe and Asia is taking a toll on the U.S. economy" but that it's still growing, he said in an email to clients.

___

AP Economics Writer Martin Crutsinger contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:52:02 PM by juan »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
This crazy weather all over america, i thought it's already summer
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:18:54 AM by thatsmyboy1992 »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »
Same here. Only it’s the reverse. Brrrrr! When will I get my permanent human blanket? :) ;)

j

juan

• View Profile
Where Would You Rather Be?
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 08:53:38 PM »
July 13, 2012, 1:06 pm David Koch Yahoo!7

There's no doubt the global economy's in a tough patch at the moment, but there's nowhere better to be weathering the storm than here in Australia. Here's why...

Europe’s troubles continue to cloud the global growth outlook, but there’s no doubting that we’re in a great spot Down Under to weather any further financial fallout. That’s not to say everything is perfect here or that conditions won’t deteriorate in the future. They probably will… just like we saw in the weakening jobs figures.
But sometimes we lose perspective. Unlike most other areas of the world we’re facing any future uncertainties from a position strength rather than weakness.
To re-affirm the very solid footing we’re on, here’s some perspective on where Australia sits on five key measures of economic health compared to the rest of the world.

Unemployment
We leant this week the local jobless rate crept up 0.1% in June with the economy shedding 27,000 jobs. As the media scrambles to sensationalise the result, we can sit comfortably in the knowledge that unemployment here remains below every other developed nation.

With the US sitting at 8.2% and Spain staring down 24.6%, we’re told to get worked up about 5.2%. In perspective it’s far from an alarming result...

Inflation
Turning to inflation, we’re about on par with the industrial world average. While this could be slightly higher, it does mean there’s room to move on spending and interest rate cuts without inflation weighing on policy makers minds.

Consumption Tax
And despite those same policymakers copping a hammering in the media for the ‘tough’ tax rates in Australia, just take comfort that you’re not doing your grocery shopping abroad. We have a 10% consumption tax here by way of the GST, but throughout Europe consumers wear the same tax at 20% plus.

Government Debt to GDP
Taking a step back and looking at government accounts, again the scales are heavily in our favour. Australia’s public debt is just over 22% of GDP. In comparison, none of the other nations here have a public debt burden of less than 75% of GDP. One particularly hairy set of accounts sits at 141%.

Such high debt levels limit these governments capacity to borrow and provide spending stimulus to their economies. If the global does economy hit the fan, again Australia has plenty of room to move.

Economic Growth
But the big one is economic growth. One peek at the chart below gives the most unbiased and accurate picture of where we sit in the global economic stakes. For the first quarter of this year the Australian economy was growing at an annual rate of 4.3%. That is huge. Expect it to weaken as it just can’t be sustained with what’s happening around the world. But it’s a solid foundation.

While European powerhouse Germany just keeps its head above water and basket case Greece contracts at 6.5% a year, we are sitting very pretty.

So don’t get too gloomy about all the bad press you read. Sit back, get some perspective and consider where else you would rather be? :) ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:16:43 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »
Once again, just an update: Uncle Sam’s current debt is $15,871,512,181,712.20. :o ;)