Soy and Weight Loss: Hype or Hope?

• 4 replies

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »

Some dietitians I know were recently discussing several new books on the vegetarian lifestyle, and our discussion quickly turned to the role of soy and whether it could be the answer to lasting weight loss.

Is this whole soy-helps-you-lose-weight thing just hype, or is there something to it?

A review of recent studies published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association looked specifically at soy and weight loss. The author of this review article, Mark Cope, Ph.D., has done several studies on soy himself, some of which found that soy foods may boost the loss of weight and fat when it's part of a lower-calorie meal plan.

Why? Well, for one thing, soy is lower in fat and calories than animal sources of protein such as red meat. Soy was also found to help prevent or lower one's chances of getting blood sugar problems and heart disease. In addition, soy minimizes the bone loss often seen during rapid weight loss. Although the authors in one of the research studies noted some limitations in their studies, such as not controlling for other protein sources, their findings suggest that soy can play a role in preventing disease and losing weight.

Okay, say you've heard all of this and have decided to give soy a try, or you've decided to make it a bigger part of your meal plan. 

Always SEXercise as part of your Indoor Activity!!!...LOL ..
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

Re: Soy and Weight Loss: Hype or Hope?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:13 PM »
why not give a try

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »
i'll start next week

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:29:51 PM »
Always SEXercise as part of your Indoor Activity!!!...LOL ..
wow huh! ;D
life is beautiful!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
kent has a point