• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Katie's a "Glamour Girl'
« on: March 03, 2009, 03:48:52 AM »
Katie's a "Glamour Girl'
posted by lawrence - Mon Mar 2 2009, 2:11 AM PST

Katie Holmes hasn't had time to talk lately. Not only is she a full-time mom to 2-year-old Suri, but she recently wrapped a stint on Broadway and is now filming her new comedy, "Extra Man."

But for Glamour's 70th birthday issue, Katie sits down with Sheila Weller to explain why she's upset at the tabloids and grateful that her husband (Tom Cruise -- heard of him?) can cook.

On rumors about her relationship with Tom and speculation that Suri didn't really exist: "We were changing diapers. [Tom] said, 'I don't want you to get upset,' and I said, 'Well, I am upset.' So we approached it together. But I definitely felt like -- as a woman, as the mother of Suri -- I want to handle this! My mom is very strong, and if anyone ever said anything about any of us, she would be, 'Excuse me?' That's my family!'"

Katie Holmes graces the cover of Glamour's 70th birthday issue.

Katie's Glamour Cover Shoot:
On what Tom's really like: "He loves women; he was raised with sisters. He's strong and intelligent and very, very funny ... He's not a dreamer -- he just does it. He'll say, 'I think I like that movie,' and the next day, 'I'm going to make that movie!'

On knowing she wanted to marry Tom as a little girl: "When 'Top Gun' came out my sisters were like, 'Oh, my God, 'Top Gun!' Tom Cruise!' And I very confidently said, 'I'm going to marry him one day.' It wasn't like, 'How do I get Tom Cruise?' It was just: 'I think I'm going to marry him. Why not? He'll like me. I'm fun.'"

Katie dons a sweater by MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela, fishnets by Kushyfoot, and shoes by Pierre Hardy for her sexy shoot.

On a day in the life of Tom, Katie, and Suri: "We like to be together, so we use the house for our [business] meetings. [We] play Yahtzee, board games, Scrabble. We grill; have pool parties. We play 'The Three Little Pigs' and Suri is the Big Bad Wolf. [Tom] reads story books to Suri and we all laugh. When a good song comes on, hell break into dance. We'll watch movies in bed -- recently 'Madagascar' and 'Cinderella,' for Suri. We have a really good time."

Katie Holmes' Hair Evolution:
On cooking: "I don't really cook that much -- eventually I will. I do make cupcakes. And [Tom] makes his pasta carbonara for me. He knows exactly how to do it: a pinch of this, a pinch of that. He has a recipe, but he also kind of [improvises] by himself. You have to do the egg at a certain time. He did it once when we were camping."

To read Katie's full interview, including her fears about being a parent and her latest pregnancy rumors, go here. Or pick up the seventieth birthday issue of Glamour magazine, on newsstands March 11.
life is beautiful!

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
Re: Katie's a "Glamour Girl'
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »
beautiful.

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:09:02 AM »
i like her movie... "The President's Daughter".. she's so adorable :)
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
i like her husband,lol

M

MsC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »
i like her husband,lol

naku super crush ko yon husband nya...  ;)
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »
Katie's all grown up now...very classy!

M

MsC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »
Katie's all grown up now...very classy!

yeah...  :)

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 03:33:32 PM »

katie & tom
life is beautiful!

M

MsC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »

katie & tom

aaawww...si tom cruise...my my my...

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
naku super crush ko yon husband nya...  ;)

may kamukha dito eh