The Real Definition of Love

• 17 replies

havoc

• "awesome is my word" LMAO
    • View Profile
The Real Definition of Love
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
Love has many different meanings to all different types of people. There are many stages of love at different ages and different types of love. This is all about the real definition of love.

What is the real definition of love? Love has many different meanings to all different types of people. There are many stages of love at different ages and different types of love. My definition of love is caring about someone so deeply that your like would be very different with out them there would always be a little piece of yourself missing if they pass away or leave you. Your life is incomplete when they are away and you would do anything to protect them or to make them happy. When I think of love I think of a couple sitting by the ocean holding hands and kissing. The feeling of love is “that can't eat cant sleep reach for the stars world series kinda stuff”. But this definition and the way that I portray and believe in love differs from yours, the classrooms, and probably many other people. “Love is an incredibly powerful word. When you're in love, you always want to be together, and when you're not, you're thinking about being together because you need that person and without them your life is incomplete” (Sophocles).

My definition of love is what I personally think of it. The definition that I gave is what I think of when thinking of a couple (being in a relationship with another person.) This is my interpretation of love as an 18-year-old female. But when I was a little kid I thought of love in a completely different way, and when I am older and wiser I will probably think of love differently also. As an a teenager I realize that I have not experienced the real meaning of life yet and that I have not seen all there is to see in the world so how could I understand the “real” definition of love? How can anyone really know the real definition of love? I believe that love is one of the hardest words in the dictionary to actually understand and know the true definition.

There are so many different types of love. There is little kid love, teenage love, friendship love, family love, marriage love and parent to children love. All of these different types of love have similar meanings but have a little something different to be unique. Clearly when you're a little kid you don't really know what love is. Yes, you love your parents and your family and your friends but children don't get the concept of actually loving someone. Teenagers and their concept of being “in love” most people think they are crazy because teenagers have no idea what love is. That is usually what is said when people hear of teenagers being in love. Teenagers believe they are in love after possibly being with someone for just a few weeks or months can you actually be in love with someone after just that short period of time? And if you are in love with that person then why do you not spend forever with them? Another interpretation of love for me is having that person in your life forever, and teenagers fall in and out of love all of the time so is it actually love? Who can really tell?

Friendship love is different for everyone; everyone loves their friends and would probably be lost without them. I believe friends are the purity in life and without them every one would be a little crazy. Friendship love is knowing that you will always have someone to call, cry to or just to be there for you when you need him or her most. I think that friendship love is one of the best kinds of love because you may fight and be mad but true friendship will last even if you argue and don't talk for a while you can go back like nothing ever happened.

Family love, everyone has family members and everyone loves there family. But this kind of love is very different then a relationship kind of love because your dealing with a different type of feeling, but it is still love. When people are around their families they are there real selves. No questions asked no one is judging them they can be free to be themselves. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind” (Dr.Seuss). Families will always love you for you. No matter what happens, how bad you screw up and the mistakes that you make your family will always be there to have your back. That is true love and an unbreakable bond that no one can really explain or come between.

Marriage love, how do people know that this is where they belong for the rest of their lives, that the love they have for this person will last forever and that they can trust this person to be good to them and make them happy forever, at my age I see it very hard to know this. But that's where love comes in, when you love someone enough to make them apart of your life forever. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.”(Nickolas Sparks, The Notebook) That said by Nickolas Sparks is what I believe is a deep everlasting feeling of love.

Love to me is always caring about the person not wanting to be without them and not being mad or staying mad at the person. When does this ever happen though? Hardly ever. When people are in love they argue, they fight, they have disagreements and it is usually never as perfect as most people picture love to be. At first they might have a difficult time trusting the person that they love and through out there loving relationship they may have disagreements but it is worth it. Love is worth the trouble and the baggage that comes along with it because love gives meaning to life and without love life would be so boring.
jai

if only i can go back in time.....

havoc

• View Profile
Re: The Real Definition of Love
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
yes it was copy n paste........... ;D
jai

limbeauxact

• my means of transportation--zero emission
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 06:42:09 PM »
yes it was copy n paste........... ;D
Are you really going to make me read this my dear?  ;)

havoc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:49 PM »
Are you really going to make me read this my dear?  ;)
im not makin anyone read anything they dont want to.....lol
jai

limbeauxact

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »
Okay, okay, I'll put on my bifocals  ;D
But I'm holding you accountable if I fall asleep 

limbeauxact

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 06:51:34 PM »
Okay, first word (Love)--cheesy. Can't have anymore of that. I know I'm a loving person and I get loved in return from those who matter the most. So I'll leave it as that.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:53:25 PM by limbeauxact »

limbeauxact

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
What's with all this love, love I see everywhere? Is love in the air?
Oh I see, you must be in love.... a ha!!! Now we're talkin'

havoc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »
Okay, okay, I'll put on my bifocals  ;D
But I'm holding you accountable if I fall asleep 
hey ur still awake....i guess im good to go.... ;D
jai

havoc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »
What's with all this love, love I see everywhere? Is love in the air?
Oh I see, you must be in love.... a ha!!! Now we're talkin'

no.......everyone just keeps talkin about loving this and that....what is the true meaning of love....so i decided to put the deifintions of love...lol
jai

limbeauxact

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »
o hell no....lol
You crack me up Jai ;D ;D ;D