Barnes & Noble

• 6 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Barnes & Noble
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »
These photos were taken in Glendale,California Branch with Babat, Alot, Jeanette and Loloy Uy last April 11, 2009.

Barnes & Noble, Inc. is the largest book retailer in the United States,[2] operating mainly through its Barnes & Noble Booksellers chain of bookstores headquartered in lower Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.

The company operates the chain of small "B. Dalton Booksellers" stores in malls.

The company is known for large, upscale retail outlets, many of which contain a café serving Starbucks Coffee, and for competitive discounting of bestsellers.

Most stores also sell magazines, newspapers, DVDs, graphic novels, gifts, games, and music. Video games and related items were sold in the company's GameStop retail outlets until October 2004, when the division was spun-off into an independent company.

As of May 2, 2008, the company operated 798 stores in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. Of them, 85 are B. Dalton outlets. The company has closed 882 B. Dalton stores since 1989 and says that they will continue to do so.

Wi-Fi

In 2004, Barnes & Noble began offering Wi-Fi in the café area of selected stores, using the AT&T FreedomLink network. All 793 stores currently offer Wi-Fi, an effort which was completed in 2006. Often, AT&T and Barnes & Noble offer free Wi-Fi access during promotional campaigns with use of a coupon, but Wi-Fi is not normally provided free of charge; payment goes to AT&T Online.

Membership and discount programs

In addition to discounting bestsellers, Barnes & Noble also has a membership program that offers additional savings for its members. Members purchase a discount card for $25, which is active until the end of the same month during the following calendar year.

For example, a card purchased on January 7, 2009, will expire after January 31, 2010. With said card, a member can save 40% on hardcover bestsellers, 20% on all adult reading level hardcover books that are not bargain titles, and 10% on everything else (excluding gift cards, shipping fees, and other member cards).

The card can also be used online to ship books directly to your house, with free shipping if your order is over twenty five dollars. Once a membership card has expired, it must be renewed and the fee repaid in order for the customer to continue receiving discounts. Barnes & Noble also has an educator discount program, a corporate and an institutional discount.

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: Barnes & Noble
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 06:52:51 PM »
very nice!
life is beautiful!

luckytzarms16

• i miss my lil babygirl. :(
    • View Profile
    • Together
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »
i love to come here everytime i have tests... ;) handy resources and references...
LOve people and use things,Not Love things and use people:)

luckytzarms16

• i miss my lil babygirl. :(
    • View Profile
    • Together
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:52:21 PM »

hmmmmnnnn..did u learn a lot from reading this mikey? haha
LOve people and use things,Not Love things and use people:)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:59:29 PM »
hmmmmnnnn..did u learn a lot from reading this mikey? haha

was so afraid to open it

s

swiftslaughter

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »