• 21 replies

thorn prince

• i am the one who dwells within
    • View Profile
WHO WILL BE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL??
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:17:57 PM »

TOP 11 CONTESTANTS

DANNY GOKEY

Danny Gokey auditioned in Kansas City, Missouri. Danny Gokey sang "I Heard It through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye for his audition. Danny Gokey's wife passed away just four weeks before his audition. All four judges voted yes to send Danny Gokey to Hollywood. Danny Gokey is best friends with Jamar Rogers, who made it into the top 54 contestants before getting cut. Danny Gokey was in the first group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was one of the highest three vote getters, guaranteeing him a spot among the finalists.

Danny Gokey is a Church music teacher from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Danny Gokey is also the president and founder of a non-profit organization. In addition to singing, Danny Gokey plays the piano and loves salsa dancing. Danny Gokey is 28 years old.

ADAM LAMBERT

Adam Lambert auditioned in San Francisco, California. Adam Lambert sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen for his audition. All four judges voted yes to send Adam Lambert to Hollywood. Adam Lambert was in the second group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was one of the highest vote getters, guaranteeing him a spot among the finalists.

Adam Lambert is a stage actor who is currently in the cast of "Wicked." Adam Lambert began singing at age 10 and has been involved with musical theater for the past eight years. Adam Lambert grew up in San Diego, California but currently lives in Hollywood. Adam Lambert is 27 years old.

ANOOP DESAI

Anoop Desai auditioned in Kansas City, Missouri. Anoop Desai sang "Thank You" by Boys II Men for his audition. All four judges voted yes to send Anoop Desai to Hollywood. Anoop Desai was in the first group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was only around 20,000 votes shy of Michael Sarver who had the third highest vote tally. On the wild card show, the judges changed the 'Top 12' to the 'Top 13'  to make room for Anoop Desai.

Anoop Desai is working on his master's degree at the University of North Carolina. During his undergraduate years, Anoop Desai was a member of the UNC Clef Hangers, an a cappella group. Anoop Desai is from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Anoop Desai is 22 years old.

ALLISON IRAHETA

Allison Iraheta auditioned in San Fancisco, California. Allison Iraheta sang "Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin for her audition. The judges voted to put Allison Iraheta through to Hollywood. Allison Iraheta was in the second group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was the female with highest number of votes, guaranteeing her a spot among the finalists.

In 2006, Allison Iraheta competed on "Quinceanera," a Telemundo reality show, and won $50,000 and a recording contract. Allison Iraheta is a junior in high school who began singing at age 5. Allison Iraheta also enjoys playing the guitar.  Allison Iraheta is currently living in Downey, California but is originally from Sherman Oaks, California. Allison Iraheta is 16 years old.

KRIS ALLEN

Kris Allen auditioned in Louisville, Kentucky. Kris Allen sang "A Song For You" by Leon Russell for his audition. The judges put Kris Allen through to Hollywood. Kris Allen was in the second group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was one of the highest vote getters, guaranteeing him a spot among the finalists.

Kris Allen is a student at the University of Central Arkansas majoring in business. Kris Allen has been singing and playing the guitar since he was 13 years old. Kris Allen currently lives in Conway, Arkansas but is originally from Jacksonville, Arkansas. Kris Allen is 23 years old.

LIL ROUNDS

Lil Rounds auditioned in Kansas City, Missouri. Lil Rounds sang "All I Do" by Stevie Wonder for her audition.  All four judges voted yes to send Lil Rounds to Hollywood. Lil Rounds was in the third group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was the highest female vote getter, guaranteeing her a spot among the finalists.

Lil Rounds is a customer service representative. Lil Rounds lives in Memphis, Tennessee with her husband and three children. Music has always been a part of her life, and Lil Rounds began singing when she was 3 years old. Lil Rounds is 24 years old.

MATT GIRAUD

Matt Giraud auditioned in Louisville, Kentucky. Matt Giraud sang "I Don't Want to Be" by Gavin DeGraw for his audition. The judges voted to put Matt Giraud through to Hollywood. Matt Giraud was in the second group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and did not receive enough votes to guarantee him a spot among the finalists. On the wild card show though, the judges chose Matt Giraud for one of the remaining spots.

Matt Giraud is a life-long resident of Michigan who graduated from Western Michigan University in 2007. Matt Giraud is a dueling piano player who sings and plays in local clubs and hotels. Matt Giraud currently lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan but is originally from Ypsilanti, Michigan. Matt Giraud is 23 years old.

ALEXIS GRACE

Alexis Grace auditioned in Louisville, Kentucky. Alexis Grace sang "Dr. Feelgood" by Aretha Franklin for her audition. All four judges voted yes to send Alexis Grace to Hollywood. Alexis Grace was in the first group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was the female with the highest tally of votes, guaranteeing her a spot among the finalists.

Alexis Grace is a musician from Memphis, Tennessee. Alexis Grace has been singing since she was 7 years old. Alexis Grace was a member of the Concert Choir at the University of Memphis, and enjoys dancing, playing the guitar and taking care of her daughter. Alexis Grace gave birth at 19 years old and is now 21. Alexis Grace is engaged to the father.

MEGAN JOY CORKEY

Megan Corkrey auditioned in Salt Lake City, Utah on her birthday. Megan Corkrey sang "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" for her audition. All four judges voted yes to send Megan Joy Corkrey to Hollywood. Megan Corkrey was in the second group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 but did not receive enough votes to secure her a spot among the finalists. On the wild card show though, the judges chose Megan Corkrey for one of the remaining spots.

Megan Joy Corkrey is a font designer with a 2-year-old son named Ryder. Megan Corkrey has been singing since age 3, and is a self-professed "foodie." Megan Joy Corkrey currently lives in Sandy, Utah but is originally from Taylorsville, Utah. Megan Corkrey is 23 years old.

MICHAEL SARVER

Jeremy Michael Sarver auditioned in Phoenix, Arizona. Jeremy Michael Sarver sang "Thank You" by Boyz II Men for his audition. All four judges voted yes to send Jeremy Michael Sarver to Hollywood. Michael Sarver was in the first group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was one of the highest three vote getters, guaranteeing him a spot among the finalists.

Jeremy Michael Sarver is married with two children and works as a roughneck on an oil rig. Jeremy Michael Sarver has always dreamed of being a singer/songwriter. Jeremy Michael Sarver also plays the piano, drums and guitar. Jeremy Michael Sarver is from Jasper, Texas. Jeremy Michael Sarver is 27 years old.

SCOTT MACINTYRE

Scott MacIntyre auditioned in Phoenix, Arizona. Scott MacIntyre sang "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel for his audition. All four judges voted yes to send Scott MacIntyre to Hollywood. Scott MacIntyre was in the third group of 12 contestants to perform out of the top 36 and was one of the highest vote getters, guaranteeing him a spot among the finalists.

Scott MacIntyre is almost blind and plays several instruments including the piano. Classically trained, Scott MacIntyre has been internationally profiled on CNN, Headline News, Sky News Europe, Global Television Network, USA Today, and national and local news, radio, and print media as pianist, vocalist, and songwriter. Scott MacIntyre has independently produced, engineered, and released 6 full-length CD's and has written in genres spanning pop, rock, punk, jazz, and classical.

thorn prince

• View Profile
Re: WHO WILL BE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL??
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »
adam lambert and danny gokey is were my money is..hehehe

c

coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »
adam lambert!

thorn prince

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:23:57 PM »

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
adam go go go! ;D
life is beautiful!

thorn prince

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »
ALEXIS, MEGAN, MICHAEL AND SCOTT are out. . . now 7 are left

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 11:38:57 PM »
2 'American Idol' finalists rolled off competition
By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer

"American Idol" finalists Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai aren't closer to becoming household names. Both singers were dismissed Wednesday after it was revealed they received the fewest number of viewer votes on the popular Fox singing competition.

"I'm so really disappointed," Desai said after his ouster. "I really am."

The third lowest vote-getter after this week's disco-themed performances was Allison Iraheta.

For the past several weeks, the judges have not been favorable to Rounds, the 24-year-old mother of three from Memphis, or Desai, the 22-year-old college student from Chapel Hill, N.C.

While the panel seemed to prefer Desai's rendition of Donna Summers' "Dim All the Lights," judge Simon Cowell called Rounds' performance of Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" a "mess."

"I'm actually going to miss your family screaming at us every week," Cowell told after Rounds after she was eliminated.

The acerbic judge correctly predicted Rounds would be dismissed following her performance Tuesday. The once adored R&B crooner, who originally wowed the panel with Stevie Wonder's "All I Do" at her audition, had been dubbed a copycat by the judges for the past several weeks. Desai had also fallen from grace after being selected as the judges' final wild card pick.

Two finalists were sent packing Wednesday -- instead of the usual one -- because the judges' used their new one-time-only power to save Matt Giraud from elimination last week.

Before the double dismissal, the seven finalists donned bell bottoms and shades to perform a group number of The Jacksons' "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)," which was choreographed by Paula Abdul. The five singers remaining in the competition are Iraheta, Giraud, Kris Allen, Danny Goeky and Adam Lambert. Another finalist will be booted next week.

p

pearlaloo

• i know my role and i play it well...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »
5 na ang left.. OUT si ANOOP DESAi and LIL rounds...

ill GO for CHRiS ALLEN!!!! though MURAG si ADAM LAMBERT na gyud madaog!

nyahahaahah! SaoNz
~ pearlaloo ~

Jameslyn

• tan taran chu chu rot chu rot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 12:55:01 AM »
iraheta, corkey, grace and macintyre!!!
8)  8)  8) 8)  8)  8)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 01:18:26 AM »
adam lambert gives an oustanding performance every week.