* Origen: Delhi

Miss India Universe, Ekta Chowdury

Miss India World, Pooja Chopra

Miss India Earth, Shriya Kishore

Re: Miss India 2009 - Ekta Shivangani Chowdhry
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 12:31:43 AM »
People who helped Pooja win

Pooja Chopra, Priyanka Rajiv and Ritika Ramtri Kumar

When Pooja Chopra was crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2009 on April 5, bringing pride to the city of Pune, her family and friends, two people who were especially elated about her success were her pageant coach Ritika Ramtri Kumar, who trained her, and fashion designer Priyanka Rajiv, who designed her wardrobe.
The synergy between these two worked so beautifully that it helped Pooja to first win Pantaloons Femina Miss India East 2009 and, subsequently, Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2009.

Ritika runs The Tiara, a pageant training studio. Her success story includes the likes of Sandip Soparrkar, Grasim Mr India Finalist and Young Turk in 1998; Gauhar Khan, Femina Miss India Earth 2002; and Amrita Thapar, Femina Miss India Universe 2005. Earlier this month, another of her students, Ankita Mohapatra, won the Gladrags Megamodel 2009. So, what is it that she worked on especially with Pooja? “My endeavour was to help Pooja sail through the various rounds — that is swimsuit, evening gown and interaction with the jury,” Ritika informs us.

Priyanka Rajiv has dressed the crème de la crème of Pune, and also had the honour of designing a sari, which was nothing short of a piece of art, for Angelina Jolie when she visited India. Priyanka was very impressed by Pooja’s personality, and decided to make her a wardrobe complete with accessories, fit for a queen. “When I met Pooja I found her very determined and this gave me the impetus to do something special for her,” says Priyanka. Little wonder then that Pooja brought home the tiara after five long years. The Times of India, 09.04.09

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 12:32:47 AM »
Now, I want to win Miss Universe title: Ekta Choudhary

“Dreams do come true,” gushed the 22-year-old Delhi girl Ekta Choudhary after winning the Pantaloons Femina Miss India Universe crown on Sunday. Now, she’s set her sight on the Miss Universe crown.

Way back in 1994 when Sushmita Sen was crowned the Miss Universe, Ekta, a young girl then, got her first spark of inspiration.

“That was the first time when I realized that I too want to be there in this profession,” Ekta tells a news agency, adding that she approached the beauty pageant in a planned way. To get familiar with the industry she has been modeling for the last two years and today when she’s won the coveted tiara all the planning seems to have paid off.
Having reached the goal she had set for self, Ekta is now aiming higher.

“Now I want to win the Miss Universe title as I have raised a lot of expectations both for my family and my country. I just want to make everyone happy by bringing the crown back home. So preparations for that will start very soon,” Ekta is quoted as saying by a news agency.

Speaking about her win at PFMI, Ekta said though she was “very very excited” before the pageant, she recited Gayatri mantra to stay calm and never lost the belief in herself.

“I always believed in myself. I feel that my honesty played a pivotal role in my victory because I always speak my mind and what I believe in,” Choudhary told the agency.

Admitting that her life has changed overnight after she won the pageant, the Delhi girl said her priority now is to clinch the Miss Universe crown. Apun Ka Choice, USA, 08.04.09

Confessions of Miss India World, Pooja Chopra

The Pantaloons Femina Miss India pageant was definitely an affair that changed the life of three girls forever.

We got talking to Pooja Chopra, the winner of the coveted Miss India World title to find out what that experience was like. Of course, that's not all. We got up close and personal with the beauty queen to get to know the real Pooja Chopra better. Here's what she had to say -

On winning the Miss India World title... I had to pinch myself to make sure it was real and I wasn't dreaming. In fact, when Parvathi Omanakuttan was crowning me, I was actually losing balance and she was wondering what was wrong with me. I had to tell her that I can't hold myself. I was elated. It's a dream come true!

Before the next pageant... I'm going home to Poona. I am really missing my mom. My family and friends can't wait to have me back. They are planning parties galore for me, may be even a picnic to Lavassa again.

I'm going to have a month's break at least before I start gearing up for the Miss World contest. So I will use this time to catch up on all the movies I've missed and binge on all the chocolate brownies, pizzas and ice creams that I was not allowed to eat all this while.

My biggest stress buster is... Sleep.

Holidays in Mahabaleshwar, which is very close to Poona, help me de-stress too. Just going horse riding and eating strawberries can really relax me.

The holiday destination of my dreams would have to be... Seychelles or Mauritius. Beaches are my favourite holiday spots. I am a total water baby. I can soak in my bathtub for two hours at a stretch!

I'm always craving... Punjabi food. I'm a Punjabi girl, so I simply love my aloo parathas, chole, rajma, garlic dal and my nani's speciality, gulab jamun!

Come close enough and you'll smell... the fresh fragrance of Carolina Herrera's 212 during the day and the subtle but chic fragrance of J'adore in the night.

Brands you will see me wearing are... Guess (it's my dream to endorse it), Nine West, Gas, Mango and Vogue.

My style statement is... I'll wear whatever looks good on me. I'm conscious of trends but I'm not big on wearing something just because it's in style. There was a time when bootcuts were out of style, but I'd wear them because I thought I looked great in them.

I keep my skin fresh and glowing... with healthy food and enough sleep. I also swear by my Mac moisturiser and Neutrogena sunblock.

As for my luscious locks... I try to get my nani to give me a relaxing warm hair oil massage whenever I can.

I stay slim and sexy... by working out about six times a week. I have a fabulous trainer who eggs me on by calling me 'Tiger' every time I give up. That encourages me to push harder. I guess that's what helped me win the Talwalkars Femina Miss Beautiful Body title.

I love doing yoga outdoors. If I have my iPod, I can run on the treadmill forever. Kickboxing has also become one of my hobbies.

Meet the trendylicious Miss India Earth!

Lisabelle Gonsalves / Indiwo.com

We have seen her on screen. Dressed in a stunning Ritu Kumar ensemble, this beauty took the stage by storm as she walked away with the Miss India Earth title. Now we get past the glitz and glamour to find out who this girl, Shriya Kishore, really is. From her fitness secrets to her favourite brands, Shriya bares all.

On winning the Miss India Earth title... I was ecstatic. There was a great feeling of achievement in me, knowing that I had accomplished one dream and was going towards the next.

Before the next pageant... I want to take time off to be with my family. I haven't really had time to breathe after the Pantaloons Femina Miss India contest. We have a lot of commitments -- interviews, shoots, sponsorships etc. But once I'm done with all of this, I'll finally go home. I haven't seen my family in a month, even though I'm from Mumbai. I'm just going to have a bash to celebrate my victory!

My biggest stress buster is... Meditation. I just close my eyes and do some deep breathing exercises. I also love taking long walks alone on Carter Road or Bandstand in Bandra (Mumbai). If I'm really worked up, then a run, swim or some strenuous physical activity helps tire me out and get my mind off the problem.

Also, being around people I'm close to really helps me destress.

IBN Live, 08.04.09

Raising us singlehandedly wasn't easy for mom: Pooja

New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Pooja Chopra, the newest Miss India World, has dedicated the crown to her mother who singlehandedly brought her up. But the 23-year-old is also grateful to other mentors, some of whom chipped in for free because she didn't have the funds.

"The last 23 years have not been kind to my mother. Bringing up two girls (Chopra and her sister) was not an easy task," Chopra told IANS in an interview over phone from Mumbai.

"For me, she is the women of substance and this title is dedicated to her because she never stopped me from doing what I wanted. Her only condition was that I should not neglect my studies."

"Being a single mother is not at all easy, she has sacrificed a lot. Yet she did her best to give us right values. Today I am here because of her faith in me. She was living this dream with me. Right now she is on cloud nine and I am glad that I have made her proud," added Chopra who won the title Sunday.

The top 20 participants of the 2009 Pantaloons Femina Miss India (PFMI) were groomed by a panel of experts, including model-turned-actor-turned-choreographer Marc Robinson, ramp walk trainer Alicia Raut and diction expert Sabira Merchant for almost a month.

"Marc Robinson played a pivotal role in my victory because there were days when I had almost given up. I was bogged down by constant pressure and bundles of expectations from everyone. It was really tough but Marc pulled me up and constantly motivated me to believe in myself," said Chopra.

Chopra was also the winner of the PFMI East contest that was held in February where she had met Robinson for the first time.

"Marc knew my capabilities ever since I won the PFMI East contest, hence he had loads of expectations from me. He just told me one thing - 'You can do it, just believe in yourself and rest will follow'," she added.

This Pune-based girl also thanked her fitness instructor, designer and grooming teacher for believing in her talent and sharing her dream.

"I didn't have adequate funds to get myself trained under the top most fitness expert of Pune - Umesh Mohite. When he told me his fees, I was disappointed and came back home.

"To my surprise, he called me back after two days and said that he knew I have the potential to make it and wanted to train me and believe me he hasn't charged me anything," Chopra said.

"Similarly my designer Priyanka Rajeev sponsored some of my dresses when I decided to participate in the Miss India contest. I have got loads of love and support from my native place and I am glad that I have made them proud," she added.

Chopra was also the winner of 2009 PFMI Miss Beautiful Smile and Beautiful Body and co-winner of the Miss Talented titles.

What does she want to do once she goes back home?

"In the past three days, I have spoken to my mother only for 30 minutes. The first thing I would do is sit and chat with my mom. Also, I owe a lot to everyone - be it my friends trainers, they have believed in me. So now it is celebration time for everyone," Chopra elucidated.

Chopra is also in no mood to sit back and relax, as her next target will be to win the Miss World title because now her dream also carries the aspirations of millions of Indians. The pageant will be held later this year in Johannesburg, South Africa.

"The coming months will involve rigorous training sessions, loads of preparations as now I am representing India. I have already pulled up my socks," she said.

How much has life changed after the win?

"Change is an understated word, life has transformed completely and I'm not at all complaining. I am enjoying every bit of attention. Imagine I was just like a girl next door till this win happened," Chopra said. Mangalorean, India, 08.04.09

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:14:43 PM »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
she's pretty but i didn't see any spark in her eyes that night