• 15 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Food Poisoning
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:38:51 PM »
Food Poisoning Overview

Food poisoning is a common, usually mild, but sometimes deadly illness. Typical symptoms include nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping, and diarrhea that occur suddenly (within 48 hours) after consuming a contaminated food or drink. Depending on the contaminant, fever and chills, bloody stools, dehydration, and nervous system damage may follow. These symptoms may affect one person or a group of people who ate the same thing (called an outbreak).

* The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that in the United States, food poisoning causes about 76 million illnesses, 325,000 hospitalizations, and up to 5,000 deaths each year. One of the most common bacterial forms of infection, the salmonellae organisms, account for $1 billion in medical costs and lost work time.

Food Poisoning Symptoms

Symptoms of food poisoning depend on the type of contaminant and the amount eaten. The symptoms can develop rapidly, within 30 minutes, or slowly, worsening over days to weeks. Most of the common contaminants cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramping. Usually food poisoning is not serious, and the illness runs its course in 24-48 hours.

* Viruses account for most food poisoning cases where a specific contaminant is found.

# Bacteria can cause food poisoning in two different ways. Some bacteria infect the intestines, causing inflammation and difficulty absorbing nutrients and water, leading to diarrhea. Other bacteria produce chemicals in foods (known as toxins) that are poisonous to the human digestive system. When eaten, these chemicals can lead to nausea and vomiting, kidney failure, and even death.

* Salmonellae: Salmonellae are bacteria that may cause food poisoning; the illness itself is often referred to as Salmonella or Salmonella infection. Salmonellae cause a moderate illness with nausea, vomiting, crampy diarrhea, and headache, which may come back a few weeks later as arthritis (joint pains). In people with impaired immune systems (such as people with kidney disease or HIV/AIDS or those receiving chemotherapy for cancer), Salmonellae can cause a life-threatening illness. The illness is transmitted by undercooked foods such as eggs, poultry, dairy products, and seafood.

Re: Food Poisoning
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
i almost died... true story

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
how did it happen jason? i guess some goat cheese?

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 07:37:17 PM »
yesir... i ate a spinach and goat cheese crepe... i guess it was a bad idea since i'm lactose intollerant.. lol

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:45:11 PM »
it happened to me too, what a wild guess,hehehe. ordered garden salad and some cheese on it

luckytzarms16

• i miss my lil babygirl. :(
    • View Profile
    • Together
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »
yesir... i ate a spinach and goat cheese crepe... i guess it was a bad idea since i'm lactose intollerant.. lol
it happened to me too, what a wild guess,hehehe. ordered garden salad and some cheese on it
aww...sorry to hear that..hope you guys are ok now :(
LOve people and use things,Not Love things and use people:)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »
aww...sorry to hear that..hope you guys are ok now :(

he lost 3 lbs and i lost 7 lbs, whew, skinny again as ever again,hehehe

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »
soya is a good milk substitute.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »
may na soya na pod gahapon wills, kay nakita nya nagpost ko dire sa lain na laki,thanks sa info

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 09:00:20 AM »
may na soya na pod gahapon wills, kay nakita nya nagpost ko dire sa lain na laki,thanks sa info
medyo wala ko kasabot ani na message nimo, bro...hehehe