American Idol: Should We Care If Adam's Gay?

• 12 replies

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
American Idol: Should We Care If Adam's Gay?
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:49:33 PM »
Leather-pants lovin' Adam Lambert's scoring magazine covers even before winning American Idol (which we're certain is a sure thing at this point), but it's the makeup'd man's sexual preference that's getting more buzz than his vocal chops.

Ad's keeping mum on whether he's gay or not, to appeal to all of Miss Cali's compadres watching, probably. Silence says it all, though—we've heard the relationship status about pretty much every other contestant, while Ad's backstory is mysteriously missing. Hey, cheers for the dude not willing to lie for first place!

So what would happen if Adam Lambert was out and proud on Idol, would it affect his chances at winning? Reality show judges and Idol experts weigh in on the sexuality sitch…

"Who cares, for God's sake!" So You Think You Can Dance judge Mary Murphy exasperated to us at a recent Bev Hills bash. "It shouldn't matter. They're there to sing, dance, whatever it is. That drives me nuts."

Let's ask your cojudge and ex-Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe, since he's been around the AI block. Should we just not give a damn if Adam's into dating dudes?

"When I go in to have an operation, I don't say to the surgeon, 'Are you straight or are you gay?' If I watch a movie, I'm not interested if the actors are straight or gay. Someone said to me back when I was producing Idol, 'I understand so-and-so is a lesbian.' And I said, 'Oh, is that illegal in this country?' I don't get it."

No, Nigel, it's not illegal, unless ya wanna get married somewhere other than New England. Will all this attention on Ad, maybe being gay affect his chances at winning?

"I'm disappointed that sexuality comes into it. On So You Think You Can Dance, I ask male dancers to be masculine when they dance, but I'm not asking them to be gay or straight. I don't think sexuality should affect their talent or anything else. I'm disgusted by it."

OK, we gotta play devil's advocate and say we love the gutsy glam-screecher no matter what sexual side he lands on.

But an openly gay winner to the biggest TV show in boob-tube history, chosen by every American out there with a cell phone? It would be too fab! Maybe Lambert will feel a li'l bit more open the last two weeks of season eight? Fingers crossed!
Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com

quibir

• View Profile
Re: American Idol: Should We Care If Adam's Gay?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:34:24 AM »
i heard he came out already?

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »
Adam Lambert Finally Confirms: "I'm Gay"

Adam Lambert finally confirms his sexuality in the new issue of Rolling Stone (on stands tomorrow).

"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I'm gay," the American Idol runner-up says.

Look back at the Season 8 Idol's finale most unforgettable moments.

"I'm proud of my sexuality," continues the rocker, who was photographed holding hands with interior designer Drake LaBry earlier this month. "I embrace it. It's just another part of me."

Check out photos of star couples who can't get enough of each other.

But Lambert, 27, from San Diego -- who performed Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come" on the Idol finale -- says he's not the poster boy for gay rights.

"I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader," he tells RS contributor Vanessa Grigoriadis.

Lambert admits that he was nervous about coming out while Idol was still on the air because contestants are under a media embargo, and he wanted to do it on his "own terms." (He also says producers were open to him handling it however he wanted to.)

"I was worried that [coming out] would be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing," Lambert tells the mag. "I'm an entertainer, and who I am and what I do in my personal life is a separate thing. it shouldn't matter. Except it does. It's really confusing."

Find out what an Idol stylist has to say about Lambert's look.

Lambert credits the FOX reality show with helping him gain self confidence.

"I finally checked into my self-worth for the first time in my life, and the fact that it coincided with Idol is so sweet," he says. "I mean, I still have moments where I think, 'Oh, my skin is terrible, and I'm a little fat -- I should really go to the gym more.' But for the most part, when I look in the mirror now, I finally see somebody who can do something cool."

See before and after pics of Idol's weight winners (and losers).

For more details on which Idol Lambert is attracted to, how he came out to his family, and what was going through his head when those photos of him in drag hit the web mid-season, pick up the newest issue of Rolling Stone, on stands Wednesday.

www.janet.jamcee.com

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:28 PM »
Just be yourself, and everything works out just fine ;)
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 12:09:34 AM »
"I mean, I still have moments where I think, 'Oh, my skin is terrible, and I'm a little fat -- I should really go to the gym more.' But for the most part, when I look in the mirror now, I finally see somebody who can do something cool."

sounds familiar, anyone?  ;D
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:12:44 AM »
I like what he said about being an entertainer and not a civil rights leader regarding this gay hype. That's honest and true to his calling and talent.

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:14:25 AM »

"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I'm gay," ;D
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18:41 AM »
Adam was quoted and even heard by controversially confesses a Kris Allen crush, saying, "He's the one guy I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty, and totally my type--except that he has a wife")
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:21:43 AM by Janet »

www.janet.jamcee.com

Rebel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 11:00:02 AM »
It doesn't even matter that he's gay! Who cares! What matters is that he has killer vocals! Can't wait for his album!

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »
"I mean, I still have moments where I think, 'Oh, my skin is terrible, and I'm a little fat -- I should really go to the gym more.' But for the most part, when I look in the mirror now, I finally see somebody who can do something cool."

sounds familiar, anyone?  ;D

very familiar nga naman