Redondo Beach Pier

• 179 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Redondo Beach Pier
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:35:54 AM »
Wonderful Pier,A rather large pier offers plenty to do from morning till' sun down. Fun for the whole family, friends, like last sunday morning (May 10, 2009) when Alot, Babat, Mark, his friend Miguel and me went there to go fishing,it was my first and i did not catch anything except some good memories, etc. and here is the address by the way:415 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 and call if you get lost,(310) 318-0631

The Redondo Beach pier is located in Redondo Beach, California and stretches out onto the Pacific Ocean. The pier has been rebuilt and altered by storms and redevelopments. Its official name is "Municipal Pier", and it has also been called the of "Endless Pier". Earlier versions were known as "Pleasure Pier" and "Horseshoe Pier".

The pier started out as a disjointed group of wharves near the end of the 19th century, but evolved into an interconnected structure after a series of storms and demolitions throughout the 20th century. The pier area used to be heavily crowded with tourists and locals during the 1970s, but began to decline after the nearby Seaport Village project failed and went into bankruptcy in 1982.

In 1988, the pier was severely battered by two winter storms, and on May 27th it burned to the waterline due to an electrical short circuit (the fire was so large that a SigAlert was announced for the San Diego Freeway several miles away). The pier's modern reinforced concrete version was completed in 1995, and has brought back the appeal to Redondo Beach's business district ever since.

Subsequent attempts to resuscitate the area's popularity have been challenged by the need to comply with California Coastal Conservancy regulations, and the concurrent success of redevelopment projects in the two other Beach Cities, Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach, and also in the nearby city of Torrance.

There are plans in the works for a new boutique hotel.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:44:37 AM by mikey »

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Redondo Beach Pier
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:19 AM »
aaawww...been there before.. :)
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:43:43 AM »
did you go fishing?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:42:42 AM by mikey »

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »
let's go fishing again guys!....hopefully this time may pack leader na tayo... ;)

at ito ang kailangan nating makuha! hahahha.....

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:08:29 AM by mikey »
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

M

MsC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:24:41 AM »
did you go fishing?

no, we just went there to see the place, took pics and had lunch..

let me share some pics...

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »
thanks for sharing kath, i hope some of our friends will go visit there again soon

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:37:39 PM by mikey »

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »
thanks for sharing kath, i hope some of our friends will go visit there again soon

let's have a picnic when we catched some big........................................fish  ;D
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »
let's have a picnic when we catched some big........................................fish  ;D

before we catch something, let's grill that big fish already

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »
before we catch something, let's grill that big fish already

of course...babalatan ko sya talaga... ;D head to toe yan.. ;)

M

MsC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »

let's all go...beach party again..hehe!  ;D