Pomelo

• 132 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Pomelo
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »
The pomelo, (Citrus maxima or Citrus grandis), is a citrus fruit native to South East Asia. It is usually pale green to yellow when ripe, with sweet white (or, more rarely, pink or red) flesh and very thick spongy rind. It is the largest citrus fruit, ranging from the size of an extra-large grapefruit to the diameter of a basketball,[1] and usually weighing between 1 and 2 kg. Other names for pomelo include pummelo, pommelo, Chinese grapefruit, Lusho Fruit, jabong, pompelmous,[2] and shaddock.[3]

The Chandler is a Californian variety with a smoother skin than many other varieties. An individual fruit can reach the weight of one kilogram.

The tangelo is a hybrid between the pomelo and the tangerine. It has a thicker skin than a tangerine and is less sweet.

The pomelo tastes like a sweet, mild grapefruit - it has very little or none of the common grapefruit's bitterness, but the membranes of the segments are bitter and usually discarded. The peel is sometimes used to make marmalade, or candied then dipped in chocolate. The peel of the pomelo is also used in Chinese cooking or candied. In general, citrus peel is often used in southern Chinese cuisine for flavouring, especially in sweet soup desserts.

In Vietnam, two particularly well known varieties called b??i N?m Roi is cultivated in the Trà Ôn district of Vinh Long Province of the Mekong Delta region and b??i da xanh in Ben Tre Province.

In the Philippines, the fruit is known as the suhâ, or lukban, and is eaten as a dessert or snack. The pommelo, cut into wedges, is dipped in salt before it is eaten, and pommelo is also a flavour for juice drink mixes.

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Pomelo
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:30:47 PM »
Ang lalaki ng pomelo! Saan hardin mo ba to Mikey?

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
handin ni cez and her pomelos are juicy and heavy

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »
Mukha nga. Napaka healthy pa.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 09:34:26 PM »
she loves her pomelos so much and talks to them everyday

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:35:24 PM »
Sabi nga nila na lalo daw lumalaki pag kinakausap.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »
Sabi nga nila na lalo daw lumalaki pag kinakausap.

at hinahaplos haplos ng pagmamahal

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »
at hinahaplos haplos ng pagmamahal

Halik halikan din daw.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »
Halik halikan din daw.

pisil pisil at hudyat hudyathudyatin para bumilog lalo

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »
The pomelo, (Citrus maxima or Citrus grandis), is a citrus fruit native to South East Asia. It is usually pale green to yellow when ripe, with sweet white (or, more rarely, pink or red) flesh and very thick spongy rind. It is the largest citrus fruit, ranging from the size of an extra-large grapefruit to the diameter of a basketball,[1] and usually weighing between 1 and 2 kg. Other names for pomelo include pummelo, pommelo, Chinese grapefruit, Lusho Fruit, jabong, pompelmous,[2] and shaddock.[3]

The Chandler is a Californian variety with a smoother skin than many other varieties. An individual fruit can reach the weight of one kilogram.

The tangelo is a hybrid between the pomelo and the tangerine. It has a thicker skin than a tangerine and is less sweet.

The pomelo tastes like a sweet, mild grapefruit - it has very little or none of the common grapefruit's bitterness, but the membranes of the segments are bitter and usually discarded. The peel is sometimes used to make marmalade, or candied then dipped in chocolate. The peel of the pomelo is also used in Chinese cooking or candied. In general, citrus peel is often used in southern Chinese cuisine for flavouring, especially in sweet soup desserts.

In Vietnam, two particularly well known varieties called b??i N?m Roi is cultivated in the Trà Ôn district of Vinh Long Province of the Mekong Delta region and b??i da xanh in Ben Tre Province.

In the Philippines, the fruit is known as the suhâ, or lukban, and is eaten as a dessert or snack. The pommelo, cut into wedges, is dipped in salt before it is eaten, and pommelo is also a flavour for juice drink mixes.

ang ganda naman ng model... ;D
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.