Miss California USA 2009 - Carrie Prejan(dethroned)

• 18 replies
Miss California USA 2009 - Carrie Prejan(dethroned)
« on: June 05, 2009, 04:48:28 AM »
Miss California's comments on gay marriage produce controversy at Miss USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYV1aBDH7cA          

Miss California USA produced the most controversial moment of the Miss USA contest in answering a question about gay marriage.

Carrie Prejean, who finished runner up to Kristen Dalton in the pageant, nevertheless produced the biggest reaction from the audience when asked about legalising same-sex marriage.

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage," Miss Prejean said. "And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offence to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Some in the audience cheered, others booed.

In mid-2008, California became the second U.S. state, after Massachusetts, to make marriage licenses available to same-sex couples. However high profile campaign against the decision and a number of legal challenges have left the status of the unions uncertain.

The Miss USA pageant had enjoyed a scandal-free year until earlier this month, when Miss Universe 2008 Dayana Mendoza was skewered for a blog posting from a trip to Guantanamo Bay. The entry described having "aloooot of fun" at a base that houses the notorious military prison; it was later deleted from the pageant's web site.

Contestants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia competed in the contest. They were judged by their performance in swimsuit and evening gown modelling contests and their responses to a question asked onstage; unlike the rival Miss America pageant, Miss USA contestants do not perform a talent.

The contest, which is owned by NBC and reality TV mogul Donald Trump, was hosted by "Access Hollywood" co-anchor Billy Bush and Nadine Velazquez of the NBC sitcom "My Name is Earl." This year's judges included "Saturday Night Live" cast member Kenan Thompson, "Dancing with the Stars" winner Kelly Monaco and gossip blogger Perez Hilton. Telegraph, London, UK, 20.04.09

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 06:47:45 PM by Associated Press »

Re: Miss California USA 2009 - Carrie Prejan
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 05:10:14 AM »
Miss California USA Director Quits Over Carrie Prejean

In resigning her position, Miss California USA Executive Director Shanna Moakler said:

“I feel that at this time it is in my best interest to resign from the Miss California USA organization.

I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth.”

Like many of us, Carrie Prejean is a mixed bag.  It’s hardly a sign of class to pose topless, after all, and the fact that liberal activists have attacked her like rabid dogs because of her public profession of support for normal marriage doesn’t change that.

25 years ago, Vanessa Williams lost the Miss America crown over a similar, if substantially racier spread of pictures published in Penthouse magazine.  Perhaps the times have changed.

Perhaps the most significant difference is that Williams’ demise wasn’t trumpeted in the press as a great and glorious victory for the people the way that Prejean’s would have been had The Donald decreed a like fate for her.  Williams’ fate was a cautionary tale; Prejean’s a skirmish in the culture war led in part by the media.

I’m of two minds about Miss Prejean, who seems to have lied in regard to her agreement with Miss California.  This lie, while obviously a relatively innocent one, indicates that her principles are overly flexible when it comes to telling the truth.

More important, however, is Prejean’s defense of traditional marriage at a moment when, in the national spotlight, far too many of our young women would have committed the ultimate sin by betraying their most deeply-held principles in order to gain favor with those who define what is politically correct at any given moment.

For standing boldly against the fetid tide of cultural relativism, Carrie Prejean can be forgiven a variety of sins, even by Donald Trump who she wronged.  Sadly for Shanna Moakler, who may never hold such a cushy gig again, she finds herself unable to accept either Prejean’s all-too-human failures or her larger-than-life defense of what’s right. Poli gazette, USA, 14.05.09

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 05:11:52 AM »
Miss California Caught Lying And Breaking The Rules, Say Pageant Officials

It's not biblically correct to lie-tell, now is it??????

Oh, Carrie Prejean, bless your little heart.

CNN is reporting that California pageant officials, lawyers and representatives for Donald Trump have convened to discuss whether or not Miss California will be dethroned.

A copy of the pageant contract Prejean signed last year was presented to CNN by Miss California USA spokesman, Roger Neal. The contract clearly states that the discovery of semi-nude photos could mean disqualification. AND that any contestant must reveal if they've taken nude or partially nude pics in the past !

Says Neal, "You'll see in the agreement that she signed that she clearly violated the terms of her reign as Miss California USA, but we don't expect a decision to be made today."

But what about the other photos not released? The other WAY more naked ones?

Neal says: "We'll see what happens with those, and we want to know who's releasing them."

Neal added that Prejean had run afoul of several parts of the 12-page contract that all prospective contestants were required to sign before competing in the November state contest.

The detailed document - which gives pageant officials nearly unlimited control of the title holder's activities - prohibits Miss California from making personal appearances, giving interviews or making commercials without permission from pageant officials, all of which she HAS been doing.

Naughty naughty!

If she hasn't been fulfilling her obligations as Miss California, she MUST be dethroned! And the first runner-up of Miss USA can't be a liar!!!!

In the last two weeks, Prejean, 21, has made televised appearances at her local church in San Diego and on behalf of the National Organization for Marriage, a group opposed to same-sex marriage.

The contract also contains a clause asking participants to acknowledge whether they have conducted themselves "in accordance with the highest ethical and moral standards." As an example, it asks if they have ever been photographed nude or partially nude.

Maybe Carrie can't read? PerezHilton.com, CA, USA, 06.07.09

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 05:12:48 AM »
Dethroned Miss Nevada USA Katie Rees Is Super Pissed

Former Miss Nevada USA Katie Rees is not too pleased that reigning Miss California , Carrie Prejean, gets to keep her crown.

Join the club, honey!

The former beauty queen is outraged that the mercy shown to Prejean by Donald Trump was not given to her two years ago when she was in a simliar situation. Trump stripped Katie Rees of her crown in 2006 after racy pictures surfaced of the then 19-year-old party girl exposing herself.

She explains to Extra:

“No matter what the stipulations are with the pictures, if you’re semi nude, you’re semi-nude and it says so in the contract. And [Prejean] broke the contact….She should’ve had her crown taken away just like mine….For her crown not to be taken away is absolutely outrageous.”

Her fury is mostly directed at Mr. Trump himself, as he had the final say in both instances and she is "irate" that certain allowances were made for Prejean and not for her. But Prejean is not the only beauty queen to escape the Trump wrath.

Miss USA Tara Conner made headlines when reports claimed she had been drinking underage and used cocaine but she was allowed to retain her title as long as she entered rehad, and Rees is none too happy about that either:

Says Rees, "These girls get to keep their crown and I’m the one who’s exploited. I just wonder if Mr. Trump knows what he put me through. What I’ve gone through these past two years. The strong woman that I’ve had to become to fight for myself…. “

And she will continue to keep right on fighting, possibly even taking legal action against the organization. She reveals that she is "speaking to a lawyer."

Go ahead, girl! Let'em know what's up! perezhilton.com, USA, 14.05.09

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 05:21:14 AM »
Does Donald Trump Have Double Standards?

Miss California controversy continues to take the headlines as new photos are revealed and Donald Trump applies double standards.

Carrie Prejean has fast become the most disliked and controversial Miss California since 1975. Controversy continues to rage over the newly crowned Miss California.

Last year Carrie Prejean modeled lingerie for a pre-Oscar show, "Countdown to the Red Carpet", dressed only in a bra, underwear and stilettos. However, Carrie posed for a professional shoot, in a partially nude gig, for underwear.

Carrie now adamantly claims the photo, now on world-wide distribution, was taken when she was unaware of it. She claims it was the wind that blew her skimpy clothing aside. Yet other photographs of her in hot pink underpants, are no ‘accident’.

Carrie hit the headlines a month ago, when she openly spoke against gay marriages, to a gay judge. “I exercised my freedom of speech and I was punished for doing so. This should not happen in America", claims Carrie. “It undermines the constitutional rights for which my grandfather fought for (in World War Two). I believe no one should be silenced if they are speaking from their heart. I am a model. I am a Christian".

Carrie starred in a new $1.5 million anti-gay ad campaign, just last week. The campaign is funded by the National Organization for Marriage.

Shanna Moakler resigned as executive director of the Miss California USA pageant, immediately following Carrie’s statements on same sex marriage. Shanna was a former beauty queen She says she no longer believes in the organization.

Donald Trump, owner of Miss USA contest, has ruled that Carrie may keep her Miss California crown, saying. “We’ve reviewed the pictures carefully. We’ve made a determination that the pictures taken were acceptable. Some were risque, but we are in the 21st century… She gave an honorable answer. She gave an answer from her heart, and I think for that she has to be commended.” Donald Trump is a well known American business magnate, socialite, television personality and motivational author.

Katie Rees was dethroned after being crowned Miss Nevada, in 2006, when some racy photographs were revealed. “Semi-nude photos are semi-nude photos,” she said. Donald Trump ruled the photos inappropriate and stripped Rees of her Miss Nevada USA title. There would appear to be very little difference between the privately taken photos of Rees and the professionally taken photos of Prejean. Both girls had to sign contracts swearing there were no nude or semi-nude photos of them in existence, when they entered the Miss USA quest.

"At least when those pictures of me came out" said Rees “I admitted I was wrong and told young women in America how big of a mistake it was and to be careful because everything can affect your future. That's more than Carrie has done. She has lied about her age when she took the photos, lied about how many there were and hasn't acknowledged that she was wrong by breaking the contract. I don't think that is a good role model and I hope young women recognize that". PR-Inside (press release), USA, 14.05.09

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 05:22:13 AM »
Muzzling Miss California
Donald Trump got it right.

Yep, The Donald was correct when he dismissed the near-hysteria about Miss California USA, Carrie Prejean, and let her keep her title.

Prejean was verbally abused by pageant watchers with way too much time on their hands. Some of the criticism is ostensibly about revealing photos of her taken years ago that have just come to light.

She was a 17-year-old model at the time.

But suspicions are that Prejean really got crossways with Miss USA pageant judges when she responded to a gay advocate's question about where she stands on gay marriage.

"I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised," Prejean answered.

There is speculation the answer cost Prejean the pageant title and that the controversial photos were posted on the web in retaliation for her comments on marriage.

There are twitters and blogs about how Prejean should have known the panel she was dealing with wouldn't like that answer.

Well, so what?

She was asked to give her opinion, not tell them theirs.

Trump and Prejean both note that her response to the gay marriage question is the same as that of President Obama and Hillary Clinton.

We'd note it's also pretty widely endorsed by Republicans too.

And Trump, who owns the Miss USA pageant and its subsidiaries, says Prejean gets to keep her title.

The real question for this pageant and all pageants should be: Shouldn't we try to weed out the narrow-minded from the judges' bench?

In pageants it's not the answers that matter, it's the poise, personality and presentation of the contestants.  Tricity Herald, USA, 14.05.09

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 05:22:43 AM »
My Left Breast: The Carrie Prejean Story

By George Neumayr

Perhaps only in a pop culture as demented as America's could Donald Trump emerge as a reassuring figure in the same-sex marriage debate. Carrie Prejean gave an "honorable answer" to the gay-marriage question at his pageant, pronounced Trump earlier in the week.

Yes, the manner in which Trump defends Carrie Prejean's opposition to gay marriage is characteristically ludicrous. She suffers persecution because she is "seriously" hot, he says repeatedly. And, yes, having paid plastic surgeons to enhance her now-exposed upper torso, Trump has a fiduciary interest in its future use at his pageants.

But let's give Trump at least a few points for Jujitsuing gay-marriage activists by invoking Barack Obama's opposition to it. Citing Prejean's answer at the pageant, he said, "It's the same answer that the president of the United States gave."

The difference is that she actually believes it. Indeed, the "dumb blonde with fake boobs," as homosexual activists have called her, has provided a more spirited and courageous defense of marriage than many Catholic bishops. They are apparently tied up with other important matters, such as penning memoirs in which they announce their "struggles" with sodomy.

Yep, I'm gay, says retired Milwaukee Archbishop Rembert Weakland in his forthcoming memoirs. Weakland "retired" after it came out that he had "borrowed" $450,000 of the faithful's money to pay off a male Marquette graduate student who accused him of "date rape," and now Rembert is poised to discuss the glorious if troubled trajectory of his sexual preference: "how this came to life in my own self, how I suppressed it, how it resurrected again," as he put it to AP.

No penitential manual labor in obscurity for this Benedictine monk; Rembert is ready for Oprah. The release of and reaction to A Pilgrim in a Pilgrim Church will, I suspect, satisfy my 2002 prediction on this site:

Expect Weakland to hit the liberal Catholic speaking circuit in the coming years as a "victim" of pre-Vatican II repression. The scandal, we will be told, is not that a successor of the apostles conducted a homosexual affair and raided the resources of the Church to conceal it, but that such a talented homosexual couldn't serve "openly" in the Church and that the Church's "hypocrisy" forced him to cover his homosexuality up.

But back to Prejean: How is it that a culture as drenched in depravity as this one could describe her as "disgraced"? Is that even possible anymore? As Trump noted, the culture is settling into "the 21st century." In other words, kids are too busy "sexting" their friends to care about Prejean's left breast.

Nevertheless, the sexual revolutionaries at MSNBC, who usually encourage off-the-rails carnality, want to "vomit" over Prejean. Despite presiding over a culture that would probably make the orgy-attending pagans of the past blush, liberals have managed to find a risqué model that revolts them. I haven't seen the Andrew Sullivans so worked up since Mel Gibson's "obscene" film about Jesus Christ.

Are we witnessing an outbreak of "heterophobia"? The violent reaction to Prejeans's remarks not only illustrates once again the intrinsically violent character of homosexual activism -- it rallies around a sexual act that violates nature, after all -- but also its deep fear of fertile, heterosexual women. Carrie Prejean scares the hell out of them.

Perhaps Prejean should apply for protection under Obama's "hate crimes" statutes. Or has "heterophobia" not yet been added to the list? If not, proud heterosexualist Donald Trump, whose interest in heterosexual marriage before this episode was fitfully displayed by his repeated return to it, could ably take up the cause. The American Spectator, USA, 14.05.09

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 05:23:11 AM »
LIBERAL TALIBAN ISSUES FATWA AGAINST MISS CALIFORNIA

Ann Coulter

Not even Dick Cheney can incite the blood-curdling rage of liberals at the sight of a sexy Evangelical Christian. Paula Jones, Katherine Harris, Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin and, most recently, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, have all come under a frenzy of attacks from liberals.

But sadly for liberals, in real life, the fat, balding sweaty little guy with the bad complexion is Perez Hilton and the smoking-hot babe is Carrie Prejean.

This apparent contradiction incites violent anger in liberals, triggering their famous "flight or flight" response. So liberal masturbators are, once again, launching furious attacks on a beautiful Christian in a fit of pique similar to the one directed at Joan of Arc.

First, the Miss USA contest held a press conference to announce that Prejean had breast implants. Take a Christian position in public and Satan's handmaidens will turn all your secrets into front-page news.

Next, a photographer released a single cheesecake photo of Prejean. This prompted liberal reporters who have never met a Christian to proclaim that Christians were outraged by the photo. Liberals believe abortion is a sacrament, but smoking, wearing short skirts and modeling lingerie are mortal sins. (And if wearing women's underwear is a basis for being disqualified from the pageant, that's the end of Perez Hilton's judging career.)

Then on Monday some genuine "semi-nude" photos were released. These were not what we'd call appropriate for a Christian. In a curiously similar attack, the left's final attempt to destroy Paula Jones was to lure her into appearing naked in Penthouse magazine. Oh well.

Christians aren't people who believe they are without sin; they're people who know they're sinners and are awestruck by God's grace in sending his only Son to take the punishment they deserve.

This is in contradistinction to liberals, all of whom believe they're on a fast track to heaven on the basis of being "basically good" people -- and also believe that anyone who disagrees with that theological view is evil.

Finally (so far, anyway), reporters gleefully released the divorce records of Prejean's parents. Because when you want the truth, what is more reliable than angry accusations traded in the middle of an acrimonious divorce?

Liberals used the divorce papers to argue that Prejean had some deep-seated psychological disturbance causing her to oppose gay marriage. Symptoms of this debilitating illness include a belief in some sort of "god" and a reverence for the Bible.

It's not as if Prejean's special talent in the Miss USA contest was to perform an opposite-sex marriage. (Or, as the president and I call it, "marriage.") She didn't even volunteer her "controversial" views on marriage. Rather, she was asked for her opinion on gay marriage and gave it -- in an answer wrapped in so many layers of sugar it took 10 minutes to get to the point.

"Well, I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. You know what, in my country, in my family, I do believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised, and I believe that it should be between a man and a woman."

What a vicious hate-monger! Any second there I was expecting her to bust out a "by golly!" or an "oh my gosh!" Angry gay-marriage supporters should be happy they didn't get my version of that answer. It contains some terms you won't find in your Bible.

Liberals wouldn't attack James Dobson with the amount of bile they've directed at a 21-year-old beauty contestant. It's not just Christianity -- it's women liberals hate.

From Jean-Paul Sartre, Pablo Picasso and Bertrand Russell, who treated women -- mostly their mistresses -- like dogs, to Teddy Kennedy and Bill Clinton in our own day, liberals are ferocious misogynists. They share Muslims' opinion of women, differing only to the extent that liberals also support a women's right to have an abortion and to perform lap dances.

You'd be better off in a real burqa than under the authority of a liberal American male.

I'm not sure we needed a psychological profile of Prejean to figure out why she holds the same position on gay marriage as: the president, the vice president, the secretary of state, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, John Edwards and his mistress, and the vast majority of the American people.

But what is crying out for an explanation is why every bubble-head TV news anchorette from a nice, churchgoing red state ends up adopting the political views of Karl Marx.

From Katie Couric on CBS to Norah O'Donnell on MSNBC, the whole stable of TV anchorettes weirdly have the exact same politics as their liberal masters. It's the ideological burqa women are required to wear to work in the mainstream media. As with a conventional burqa, it enforces conformity and severely restricts the vision.

The only way to protect yourself is to do the liberal male's bidding, as the bubble-head anchorettes do, or stand on the rock of Christianity.

Now, another beautiful Christian has thrown off the liberal burqa, thereby inciting mass hysteria throughout the liberal establishment. Prejean doesn't care. She is blazing across the sky, as impotent nose-pickers jockey for a piece of her reflected light by hurling insults at her. The USA Daily, 14.05.09

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:23:39 AM »
Carrie Prejean: The Seamy Side of Family Values

David B. Livingstone

Bigots must take their friends where they find them, it seems.

As American popular sentiment turns further and further in the direction of favoring equal marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples, its wild-eyed opposition in the religious right becomes increasingly desperate to shore up its flagging support. The seismic attitudinal shift resulting in marriage equality in a growing number of states now seems both evident and unstoppable, even to many of those historically prejudiced against it; fewer and fewer are willing to publicly stand up and declare their disapproval. 

Enter Miss California. 

In a marketing masterstroke, the woman memorably dubbed “St. Carrie of La Jolla” by MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann positioned herself as the country’s most visible, and arguably most telegenic, spokesman for the forces of anti-gay bigotry. The peroxide-coated, silicone-plumped California Princess Carrie Prejean, product of a privileged upbringing in a pricy San Diego suburb, proudly stood on the national stage and advocated the continued consignment of 10 percent of the population to second-class-citizen status. Immediately, a roar of approval rose from the “traditional values” right. Finally, someone young, dumb and in a position of media prominence had signed on as their spokesmodel, ready to lead their flagging crusade for the hearts and minds of the ignorant and fearful. Lost in the cultural wilderness, they had found a big-breasted blond messiah to lead them into the Promised Land.

Well, sorta. Only after the ambitious Ms. Prejean had inked a lucrative agreement to publicly represent an anti-gay marriage group and embarked on a speaking tour did her newfound “family values” friends learn that their anointed purity priestess had posed for a succession of rather racy partially-clad photos despite her signed statements to the contrary, many of which have now taken up their rightful positions in the screensavers of 13-year-old boys everywhere. Pageant officials idly threatened to yank her crown, St. Carrie squished out a few crocodile tears and claims of free speech rights violations on national television, and the matter was forgotten – discounting the peals of laughter from progressives on the sidelines.

Prejean’s sponsors responded as they tend to respond to most complex, difficult issues – by burying their heads in the sand. The same moral turpitude they might deride in a Janet Jackson halftime show became suddenly a matter of little consequence when engaged in by one of their own, of such little consequence as to warrant no further comment, let alone acknowledgement of the public humiliation of their cause.

Sooner or later, someone has to tell them: You were punk’d. You just got used, big time. And you know what? It’s going to continue for years to come. Sainthood, once awarded, isn’t readily taken away. The phrases “traditional marriage” and “Carrie Prejean” are now conjoined twins. Virtue is now married to vice. An opportunistic wannabe model whose behavior has shown that she will do just about anything in the name of self-advancement is the public face of a rapidly-fading band of would-be public moralists, and there’s not much they can do about it. 

In opening her self-serving mouth on the national stage, Carrie Prejean may have cost herself a pageant crown, but she laid the foundation for a successful career, publicly eclipsing all other contestants, including the eventual – and irrelevant – winner. In a welcome and unintended consequence, she has helped to discredit the band of bigots who had rushed to embrace her, revealing them for the facile hypocrites that they are. The traditional values crowd now hangs with slimy, lying, morally questionable opportunists, and they are known by the company they keep. North Star Writers Group, USA, 14.05.09

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 08:56:02 AM »
I don't get some people.  why would anyone "boo" her?  she just answered the question and gave her opinion along with how she was raised and her beliefs.  as long as she's not hurting herself or anyone, then, she's good to go. 
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)