• 3 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
'Charlie's Angel' Farrah Fawcett dies at 62
« on: June 25, 2009, 12:52:11 PM »
By BOB THOMAS

LOS ANGELES – Farrah Fawcett, the "Charlie's Angels" star whose feathered blond hair and dazzling smile made her one of the biggest sex symbols of the 1970s, died Thursday after battling cancer. She was 62.

The pop icon, who in the 1980s set aside the fantasy girl image to tackle serious roles, died shortly before 9:30 a.m. in a Santa Monica hospital, spokesman Paul Bloch said.

Ryan O'Neal, the longtime companion who had reunited with Fawcett as she fought anal cancer, was at her side, along with close friend Alana Stewart, Bloch said.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," O'Neal said. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Said Stewart: "There are no words to express the deep sense of loss that I feel. For 30 years Farrah was much more than a friend, she was my sister, and although I will miss her terribly I know in my heart that she will always be there as that angel on the shoulder of everyone who loved her."

Other "Charlie's Angels" stars paid tribute to Fawcett.

"Farrah had courage, she had strength, and she had faith. And now she has peace as she rests with the real angels," Jaclyn Smith said.

Said Cheryl Ladd: "She was incredibly brave, and God will be welcoming her with open arms."

Fawcett burst on the scene in 1976 as one-third of the crime-fighting trio in TV's "Charlie's Angels." A poster of her in a clingy swimsuit sold in the millions.

Her full, layered hairstyle became all the rage, with girls and women across America adopting the look.

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 'Charlie's Angel' Farrah Fawcett dies at 62
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »
So sad...

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:59:15 AM by mikey »

jams

• hayyylaveeeeet :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 01:31:45 PM »
her poster was an inspiration for many guys for a looooong time.

May she rest in peace.  8)
kung ayaw mo sa kanya, pede akin na lang, hala tagay nahhh :)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 01:00:07 AM »
oh yea jams, i loved the hair especially when she flips it. May you rest in peace.