Mystery deposit dilemma

• 4 replies

ginapanso

• "Luv U"
    • View Profile
Mystery deposit dilemma
« on: June 28, 2009, 02:32:07 AM »
Anyone ever have accidental deposit issues with their savings accounts?

I recently had over $5,000 deposited into my savings account from an unknown source. I plan to just leave it there until the bank notifies me there has been a mistake. But what if they don't? Am I entitled to keep that money? What would you do? Any help would be great. Thanks.
"side view is my better side"

v

vj evardone

Re: Mystery deposit dilemma
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 02:36:09 AM »
Anyone ever have accidental deposit issues with their savings accounts?
I recently had over $5,000 deposited into my savings account from an unknown source. I plan to just leave it there until the bank notifies me there has been a mistake. But what if they don't? Am I entitled to keep that money? What would you do? Any help would be great. Thanks.
that's creepy Gina--wish i kud help u with this..fafa Kent might beh a good resource person. give him a poke--or send him a link to this thread. 8)

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 02:46:10 AM »
I have never had that happen, but I sure wouldn't look at it as if I had won the lottery, and I would notify my bank.

They audit their books quarterly, so they would find out their mistake and debit your account for the 5k whether you had it in there still or not.
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

Hector

• line dance guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 02:47:47 AM »
Yes I have and under no circumstances can you keep the money. Even failing to inform the bank is considered theft. Read the small print on your paperwork from when you opened the account Any discrepancies must be reported by you.

v

vj evardone

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 02:52:02 AM »
there goes--thanks for the info fafa Hec and Bat. 8)