Turon and Recipe

• 40 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Turon and Recipe
« on: July 13, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
Deep-fried banana rolls. When picking out your bananas, please adjust the amount you buy to equal two large bananas for this recipe. The time it takes to make these really depends on how adept your are at rolling. I said 15 minutes prep. time, but this is with my kids "helping" me with the sugar and placing the bananas.

(They can't roll yet thank goodness. Haha) After frying your turon I recommend draining them on a wire rack or or something. You can use paper towels, but if some of the brown sugar melted out they'll stick. I usually just stand them up on their sides in my metal colander until they've cooled off enough to eat. This recipe calls for using lumpia wrappers which are much thinner than eggroll wrappers, almost like paper. I find them at my local Asian market. Try eating your turon with some icecream! It's great.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Turon and Recipe
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »
Ingredients

* 8 lumpia skins
    * 2 large bananas, ripe
    * 1/2 cup brown sugar
    * 1 egg, beaten (optional)
    * jackfruit, slivered (optional)

Directions

Peel and cut bananas to fit the wrappers. I use rather large bananas so I cut them both lengthwise and crosswise to make 4 pieces. Adjust this so that your banana "fits" so you can roll it like and eggroll.
      Spread a little brown sugar on the lumpia wrapper, add the banana. Alternatively, you can roll the banana in the sugar instead of sprinkling some on the wrapper. My kids find this easier. If you are using jackfruit add a little with the banana.
      Roll like you would an eggroll. Wet the end flap with a little water or beaten egg to seal.
      Deep fry at about 350 degrees until golden brown. It generally takes me 5-7 minutes per batch.

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:30:44 PM »
Deep-fried banana rolls. When picking out your bananas, please adjust the amount you buy to equal two large bananas for this recipe. The time it takes to make these really depends on how adept your are at rolling. I said 15 minutes prep. time, but this is with my kids "helping" me with the sugar and placing the bananas.

May kids ka na pala?  ;D

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 12:52:24 PM by MG »

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:31:16 PM »
Ingredients

* 8 lumpia skins
    * 2 large bananas, ripe
    * 1/2 cup brown sugar
    * 1 egg, beaten (optional)
    * jackfruit, slivered (optional)

Directions

Peel and cut bananas to fit the wrappers. I use rather large bananas so I cut them both lengthwise and crosswise to make 4 pieces. Adjust this so that your banana "fits" so you can roll it like and eggroll.
      Spread a little brown sugar on the lumpia wrapper, add the banana. Alternatively, you can roll the banana in the sugar instead of sprinkling some on the wrapper. My kids find this easier. If you are using jackfruit add a little with the banana.
      Roll like you would an eggroll. Wet the end flap with a little water or beaten egg to seal.
      Deep fry at about 350 degrees until golden brown. It generally takes me 5-7 minutes per batch.

Ma-try nga 'to

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »

(They can't roll yet thank goodness. Haha) After frying your turon I recommend draining them on a wire rack or or something. You can use paper towels, but if some of the brown sugar melted out they'll stick. I usually just stand them up on their sides in my metal colander until they've cooled off enough to eat. This recipe calls for using lumpia wrappers which are much thinner than eggroll wrappers, almost like paper. I find them at my local Asian market. Try eating your turon with some icecream! It's great.

ayaw lagi mo sige ug palaway ba.....isa baya ni sa Menu ni Kristel :o
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »
Ma-try nga 'to

sige ms.kris...bigyan mo kami ah...hehe!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »
May kids ka na pala?  ;D

i know i'll get your attention,promise,those were intended for my siblings,lol

Mr. Boombastic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 09:10:13 AM »
Teka guys,,kawawa naman si kristel kung sya lahat mag handa ng food, let's take out the burden for YOU Mr. Kris, mag dala na lang kami ng food for you...
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

Mr. Boombastic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:11:26 AM »
Magdala ako ng Cake for you Ms. Kris, anong gusto mo, ube or mangga from Red Ribbon???

M

MsC

• God is good...All the time! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »
Teka guys,,kawawa naman si kristel kung sya lahat mag handa ng food, let's take out the burden for YOU Mr. Kris, mag dala na lang kami ng food for you...

i'm sure mas masarap yon luto ni ms.kris kesa sa bibilhin natin... :)

at in fairness, hindi sya mr. .... ms.kris sya  :D
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.