Bangkok Love Story

• 91 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Bangkok Love Story
« on: August 07, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Cast:     * Rattaballung Tohssawat as Mhek (Cloud) * Chaiwat Tongsang as It (Rock) * Weeradit Srimalai as Mhok (Fog) * Chatcha Rujinanon as Sai (Sand)

Bangkok Love Story (Thai: ??????...??????????? or pêuan ... goo rák meung wâ, literally "Friend ... I love you") is a 2007 Thai film written and directed by Poj Arnon. A gay romantic crime action drama, it is the story of a man who falls in love with a gunman assigned to kill him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iz7g6na6Ag

A loner gunman named Mhek is assigned to kidnap a police informant named It, but Mhek has a change of heart when he is ordered to kill It. In a gunbattle with his employers, Mhek is wounded, but It grabs Mhek's gun and returns fire. The two men then escape on Mhek's motorcycle. At Mhek's rooftop hide-out, It tends to Mhek's wound and finds himself attracted to Mhek. While giving Mhek a bath one day, It initiates sexual intercourse with the hitman. Conflicted, Mhek demands that It leave him alone. It returns home to his fiancee, Sai, but is no longer interested in continuing a relationship with her. It spends his days pining over Mhek, and tracks down Mhek's brother, Mhok, and their mother. Mhok is HIV positive, as the result of sexual abuse by his and Mhek's stepfather, and their mother is dying of AIDS.

Mhek's dream is to take his mother and brother away from Bangkok to the mountains of Mae Hong Son Province. But after Mhek's mother has realised Mhok sold himself to survive, she commits suicide by hanging herself. At the same time It's fiancee, Sai, also witnesses Mhek and It kissing, and terminates their marriage plans. Meanwhile, Mhek's former employers are gunning for him. Mhek decides to hunt them, and he succeeds in killing them. It also goes to Mhek's former bosses' hide-out to try and stop Mhek, but he is too late and misses Mhek by a second. It gets injured when the wife of Mhek's former boss shoots a clock that shatters in It's face.

Mhek, meanwhile, is planning to meet his brother at the railway station to leave Bangkok for good. But before he can board the train, he is apprehended by the police and sent to prison.

Years pass by. It visits Mhek in prison and reveals that he was left blind in the final gunbattle with Mhek's bosses. Mhok commits suicide while at a Hospice in Northern Thailand because he no longer has the energy to fight his disease. Eventually, Mhek is released from prison, and It meets him. But before the two men can leave to start their life together, Mhek is gunned down by an assassin.

It eventually gets his sight back, and the first thing he does is to look at his mobile phone, which has a picture of Mhek on it that he took many years before and a video taken by Mhek himself saying that all along, he loved It and that he would love him to his last breath.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:46:25 PM by MG »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Bangkok Love Story
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
The story is about a killer who is told to catch a cop. But the killer never kills good guys. Then they run away from the gang, which makes them start to hide themselves. However, the killer gets a gun shot on his arm when running. Then the cop stays with the killer taking good care of him. Their affection grows slowly in their interaction.

The killer is cool and hardly shows his feeling. So he tries to pretend nothing. Yet the cop is so happy that he finally realizes what he is hoping for in his life. After they have sex, the killer can't take it any more and forces the cop to leave. The sad cop goes home but can't stop thinking of the killer.

"Mhek, I know you are here. Have you ever thought of someone so much that you can't describe it? Have you? Mhek, I miss you." The cop goes back to the killer's shelter but the killer always hide from him. When hearing the cop shout crazily, the killer weeps in the shade. s*%$! Why? But this is how the movie takes me. "I miss you Mhek!" he cries out almost with anger. "Mhek, phom kit tueng khun~~"

"Mhek, why are you hiding from me? I love you Mhek. I don't know why I love you so. But no need for the reason. Mhek, what about you? Do you love me? If you love me, please put on this ring. If you don't, then throw it away." f*&^, give it to me if he doesn't. I love you!...Sorry I just can't help it. Well, the cop keeps looking for the killer. Actually the killer is not hiding from the cop, but his own feelings. Later on the killer's mother is killed by the gang. The killer is going to take the revenge. It (the cop) tries to stop Mhek but it's too late and loses vision. And Mhek is sent into jail.

"Mhek, how are you there? Is everything ok with you?"
"It, what's wrong with your eyes?"
"Don't worry about me. It's ok."
"I am asking you what's wrong with your eyes?"
"Remember the day when you took revenge? I tried to stop you but it was too late. Then I lost the vision."
Mhek drops the tears, which seems to say "Why do you treat me so well?"
"Mhek, you don't wear the ring I gave you. That means...you....." It touches Mhek's bare hands.
"I do carry it. It's here nearest my heart." Mhek leads It's hand to the chest pocket of the clothes.
"Mhek, take care. I love you."
It smiles, but I cry.

Finally it's time for Mhek to get out of jail. It is waiting for him there. It is a raining day.
"I thought no one would come."
"Here I come."
"Let's go." It almost slips in the rain since he can't see things.
"It, from now on I am your eyes."
"Do you still plan to move to the countryside?"
"I'll stay in Bangkok for a while."
"Then stay with me, so that you can be my eyes."
"Don't you move to the countryside with me?"
"Of course I want to! Don't you promise me to be my eyes?"

It comes the sound of the thunder. At the same time, a gun shot takes Mhek's life.
"We will be together. I will go wherever you go. How do you think about it? Have you falled in love with me?....Mhek?...Mhek?............."
Mhek lies on the ground. It cries with his broken heart, holding Mhek's body.
"Mhek, you have promised me we will be together forever. I love you Mhek....I love you."
Then It gets the vision back. It is not mentioned but I believe that's Meng's eyes. It watches the vedio in the cellphone he gave to Mhek long ago.

"It, I am not sure if you will see this. But if you see this, that means in my heart I love you as well. I will always love you, until I stop breathing."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:20:11 PM by MG »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »
Yes I am exactly late for the movies, because I did not know about this wonderful movie. Even if so, I was still late since the DVD was released in May, and I found it in July. In the movie, the characters present the perfect lovers which we might not be lucky enough to meet in the real life. I was totally touched by It, whom Chaiwat Thongsang acts as. He is so loyal, tender, and patient to Mhek. When he first said "Phom Rak Khun" (I love you) to Mhek, I was melted away.

I put strong affection on the character because he is just the perfection. In fact, none of the actors in the movies is gay. Besides, knowing Chaiwat Thongsang is only 20 years old, I also felt a little disappointed. But looking at the reality, they are just people who are far away from me even though they were gay. However, I still can't stop thinking about Chaiwat Thongsang. He is the reflection of my expectation. Or, it should be the character It that I strongly fall in love with. Not only Bangkok Love Story, but any other touching movies would take me away. Brokeback Mountain is one. But Bangkok Love Story is the recent one. I don't know how much longer I still won't be about to pull myself back. I will keep wondering where mine would be. But somehow I feel very happy to have this way of releasing my feelings.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:48:22 PM by MG »

Lyn Ann

• ..shine bright like a diamond!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
Halah ui! what a love story it is..parehas cla na guy, ryt? :o

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 06:40:26 PM »
Halah ui! what a love story it is..parehas cla na guy, ryt? :o

yea, where in fact they are not gay in real life,just actors,i am proud of them and wanna say "Phom Rak Khun" (I love you).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:50:08 PM by MG »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »

Lyn Ann

• ..shine bright like a diamond!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 07:02:48 PM »
yea, where in fact they are not gay in real life,just actors,i am proud of them and wanna say "Phom Rak Khun" (I love you).

hmmm..good actors! mapapa- 'whitwhew' aq talaga.. :o

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »
this is another video with subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XoX3N5KD0c

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:59:46 PM »
what a unique love story, nakaka inlove sila at may naalala akong ganito sa totoong buhay.tsuper...more power guys.
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php

Babat

• Global Moderator
  • "Feel the LOVE today"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »

Oh yeah....this pose reminded of the good 'ol days with Olivier  ;)
My Life with Tennis click link 4 details:    http://www.alotbagotchay.blogspot.com

"Some people need "LOVE" spelled out for them."..... including me.. =)

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php