rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Willis Joins The Expandables Cast
« on: August 26, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »
Willis Joins The Expandables Cast

After 30 years of blowing stuff up and shooting bad guys, Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger are finally going to appear together on screen. Excited?

Stallone runs for cover in The Expendables

The Expendables is Stallone's latest return to the gung-ho, 80s-style epic that made him a star, and features a plethora of veteran action heroes. Arnie has long been expected to cameo, but the news of Willis's involvement is sure to stir up even more interest.

"I haven’t united with them (yet),” Willis told MTV of his former Planet Hollywood business partners.

“I’m waiting for a call from Sly about when we’re going to try and make that happen. I don’t know anything about (my character) yet, haven’t seen any pages yet, but I’m excited about it.”

Stallone has been shooting his balls-out action flick for the past couple of months, and while the cast was already impressive - Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Eric Roberts and 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin all feature - even that collection of action icons cannot compete with the presence of Arnie, Bruce and Sly.

The Expendables is about a group of mercenaries who try to take down an evil dictator in a South American country. It should hit cinemas early next year and is the first in a three-picture deal Stallone has with Universal Studios. A Rambo sequel is expected to be his next project.

According to reports from the set, Stallone has already performed some of the craziest stunts of his career.

A crew member wrote on his blog: "The freakin guy is fearless and pretty much ageless.  No matter how I describe what I watched him do - 6 times - it won’t even be close to conveying what it was - a classic old school mano a mano takedown."

The Expandables First Pictures

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin and Eric Roberts take to the air.

The first pictures from Sylvester Stallone's ridiculously cool new action movie have hit the 'net. Featuring Eric Roberts, 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin and a giant explosion, The Expendables are coming.

Just in case you are not familiar with the movie, The Expendables is a balls-out, unashamedly 80s-style action flick about a team of mercenaries hired to head to South America and overthrow an evil dictator.

But it's not the story that's getting us excited - it's the cast.

Mickey Rourke recently joined Jason Statham, Jet Li, former wrestler 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, Eric Roberts and - get this - Dolph Lundgren in the cast that, frankly, reads like a dream team of action heroes past. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger is rumoured to appear in a cameo role.

Meanwhile, Brittany Murphy and Charisma Carpenter offer some much-needed eye candy amongst the aging muscles.

The pictures appeared on a blog belonging to a crew member, who also recounts numerous stories, including this wonderful glimpse into life on a Stallone set:

"So today I heard Sly say,  in an understated way, he was about to do the stunt of his life. Hmmm…sounded pretty cool.  I’ve seen some pretty big action dudes do some pretty tricky stunts (no disrespect to the incredible guys who risk life and limb by doing dangerous stunts for a living) so it takes a lot to impress me.

well today you can color me impressed…a lot…for real…by Sly.  The freakin guy is fearless and pretty much ageless.  No matter how I describe what I watched him do - 6 times - it won’t even be close to conveying what it was - a classic old school mano a mano takedown.

Keep in mind there were no mats on the ground and Sly was basically bareback - no pads except for on his knees - as he dove, rolled, flipped, growled and punched his way through the scene ending with him breaking a neck. Oh and did I mention the sweltering heat and the hard dusty ground he kept slamming his body into?

Sly was bleeding and bruised but after watching the last take he turned around and said “that’s how you teach the children.”  Then he set up the next shot while the medics tried to stop the bleeding and clean the dirt and stones out of his arm.  I LOVE ACTION MOVIES!!!!"

Sly gets into hero mode for The Expendables.

Stallone proves he can still run faster than most teenagers.

Jason Statham & Stallone between takes.
life is beautiful!

rogergatal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: Willis Joins The Expandables Cast
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »
it's not the story that's getting us excited - it's the cast.
life is beautiful!

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:33:49 PM »
whew...!!my crush Jason..hehhee...oh?mag- uban silang tulo???
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:10 PM »

mismo!!!
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

a

aiko

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:03:10 PM »
korik ka jan rogz...
i love sylvester  ;D whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  ::)

rogergatal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 04:25:08 AM »
gotta watch this movie on weekend..
life is beautiful!

john

• "Touche..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 07:09:26 AM »

Just finished watching the premiere ot the movie!  

The story is cute!!! The exchange of dialogues are so funny and other added lines are  hilarious because it describes the personality of each cast in real life...

The cast, Superb super stars!   Kulang na lang si John Travolta, Van Damme, Jackie chan... ;D ;D ;D  
Rating 1-10              

I rate it   8.5
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:31:27 PM by john »
Life is precious,value it,take care of it,protect it participate and be  part of the living...

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »
this movie has been made for ages?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:55:55 AM by mikeygatal »