Barrio Fiesta of Manila

• 16 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Barrio Fiesta of Manila
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »
The Original Barrio Fiesta of Manila. Open Every Day 11 AM - 10 PM Located at: 4420 Eagle Rock Blvd, LA 90041. Map of 4420 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, Ca 90041.

It sounds like it might be a down-home Mexican restaurant, but Barrio Fiesta is all about the Filipino food. It’s located in Glendale but has a slightly beachy feel, as well as a ridiculously inclusive menu. Said menu is heavy on fried items, from the various kinds of lumpia (sort of like spring rolls) to crispy pata, a big, fried pork leg. Desserts run to the purple, with the purple sweet potato ube playing a starring role in sweets like pudding and ice cream.

amor

• enjoy life..
    • View Profile
Re: Barrio Fiesta of Manila
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 10:15:19 PM »
I'm surprised I never reviewed this place.  Barrio Fiesta is excellent.  I visited here with a friend from Manila and his wife, and they are also fans.  Barrio Fiesta is a nice, casual sit-down Pinoy restaurant in the Eagle Rock area.  I only tried about three dishes from their menu, but I two of them were wonderful: the pork sisig (diced pig ear, onions, carrots quick-cooked in vinegar, pepper, and soy) and the shrimp gambas (shrimp cooked in garlic, lemon, and spicy sauce).  I was only so-so with the kare-kare, as I like it to have a stronger peanuty-flavor, but again, the sisig and the shrimp gambas were delicious. 

The service is nice and friendly, and you can make reservations.  I do like Salakot Sizzle and Grill in the Silverlake / Historic Filipinotown area better, but Barrio Fiesta is still a must-visit, authentic Pinoy restaurant.  Their menu is also quite extensive, and I'm looking forward to my return to try some of their other offerings, e.g. sinigang, crispy pata, tokwa't baboy, laing, inihaw na pusit, inihaw na bangus, and of course their desserts!
everything starts as somebody's daydream..

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:16:20 PM »
wow! newly open ni cya?

Hector

• line dance guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
The crispy patas is a must have. I also enjoy the kare kare and the bagaong is a must have to compliment this dish. The service is fast and the servers are really nice. The portions are enormous so be prepared to share. I just wish that they had more desserts like maybe some ginataan or something. Then again, they're not a bakery or a dessert shop. This a good place to try filipino food for the first time. It's never too busy during lunch and they take orders beforehand as well if you are in a rush. They also have a banquet room too.

amor

• enjoy life..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 03:43:52 AM »
everything starts as somebody's daydream..

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »
sureness ako sa foods nila

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »
yumyum

Mr. Boombastic

• Binagkal Mode Usa Tah..LOL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:00:25 AM »
wow kalami ;D
Pag may nagsabi sayo’ng "I DON'T LIKE YOU" wag mong damdamin.. Hilahin m0 k0 at saka m0 sabihin sa kanya’ng "hu cares?!" eto o si KENT mahal na mahal ako!!!

jams

• hayyylaveeeeet :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 10:15:02 AM »
The crispy patas is a must have. I also enjoy the kare kare and the bagaong is a must have to compliment this dish. The service is fast and the servers are really nice. The portions are enormous so be prepared to share. I just wish that they had more desserts like maybe some ginataan or something. Then again, they're not a bakery or a dessert shop. This a good place to try filipino food for the first time. It's never too busy during lunch and they take orders beforehand as well if you are in a rush. They also have a banquet room too.

hmmmmmm naa man sab ni sa Queens, NY duol sa new Jollibee....they're famous for the kare2x and crispy pata....ang di naho malimtan nila nga delicacy ang tinunuan nga isda...super dabest yummmm yummmmmmmy :-* ;D
kung ayaw mo sa kanya, pede akin na lang, hala tagay nahhh :)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:12 PM »