rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
« on: November 09, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
New Moon (marketed as The Twilight Saga: New Moon) is an upcoming 2009 American romantic fantasy film scheduled for release on November 20, 2009. It is based on the novel of the same name by Stephenie Meyer and is the sequel to 2008's Twilight, which is based on Meyer's previous novel.

Summit Entertainment greenlit the sequel in late November 2008, following the early success of Twilight. Directed by Chris Weitz, the film stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, reprising their roles as Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, and Jacob Black, respectively. Melissa Rosenberg returns as the screenwriter for the film. She handed in a draft of the film script during the opening weekend of Twilight.

Plot
When asked about the sequel, Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke stated, "It's got werewolves, it's got visual effects that turn people into werewolves, it's got motorcycle stunts, you go to Italy. It's probably twice as much as Twilight to film."

On December 13, 2008, Summit Entertainment released a synopsis of New Moon, which states: In the second of the Twilight series, "Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love, Edward Cullen, but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black. Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and finds her loyalties tested."

Last time we saw Bella, things were looking pretty good for her and vampire boyfriend Edward. But when they realise life together is fraught with more danger than they anticipated, Edward insists they must part ways.

Not taking the split well, Bella goes into freefall - literally - while another admirer of Bella's steps into the breach. But this one's got a much bigger bite.

Development
In early November 2008, Summit announced that they had obtained the rights to the remaining books in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. On November 22, 2008, one day after the theatrical release of Twilight, Summit confirmed that they would begin working on New Moon. "I don't think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment," said Meyer. Melissa Rosenberg had been working on adapting the novel prior to Twilight's release and handed in the draft for New Moon during Twilight's opening weekend in November 2008.

In early December 2008, it was announced that Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke would not be returning to direct the sequel. Hardwicke cited time restrictions as the reason behind her leaving the project. On December 13, 2008, it was announced that Chris Weitz, director of The Golden Compass and co-director of American Pie, had been hired to direct New Moon.

Casting
Due to major physical changes that occur in the character of Jacob Black between Twilight and New Moon, Weitz considered replacing Taylor Lautner in the sequel with an actor who could more accurately portray "the new, larger Jacob Black." In an attempt to keep the role, Lautner weight-trained extensively and gained approximately 30 pounds. In January 2009, Weitz and Summit Entertainment announced that Lautner would continue to play the role of Jacob in New Moon. In an interview, fellow cast member Kristen Stewart talked about Lautner's transformation saying, "He's an entirely different person physically."

In late March 2009, Summit Entertainment released a list of the actors who would be portraying the "wolf pack" alongside Lautner. The casting for the rest of the Quileute tribe was headed by casting director Rene Haynes, who has worked on films with large American Indian casts, such as Dances with Wolves and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee. A casting call was also held in Vancouver in February 2009, specifically asking for "any first nations/aboriginal actors and actresses between the ages of 15 and 25".

Talking about the casting of Michael Sheen as Aro, director Chris Weitz claims to have "'aggressively' pursued the actor", and describes the character as "on the surface, a very gracious and friendly vampire, but beneath that he is a tremendous threat."

Filming and post-production
Pre-production for New Moon started in December 2008. Filming was scheduled to begin on March 23, 2009 in Vancouver, but began a few days early. David Thompson Secondary School served as the location for the high school scenes in the movie. Filming in Montepulciano, Italy occurred in late May 2009 and ended on the 29th. The film received a rating of PG-13 from the Motion Picture Association of America for "some violence and action".

Cast
The Cullens and the Swans
* Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan, a teenage girl who has fallen in love with Edward Cullen, a vampire. She
   is heartbroken when Edward abruptly leaves her, but is raised out of her depression through her
   friendship with family friend Jacob Black.
* Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, Bella's vampire love who abruptly leaves town to protect her. For
   much of the film, Edward only appears as a figment of Bella's imagination.
* Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen, a member of the Cullen family who can see "subjective" visions of the
   future and who becomes best friends with Bella. Greene explained that she would like to boost her
   strength and stamina for the sequel and said, "Compared to the first film it's a much larger part for
   me."
* Billy Burke as Charlie Swan, Bella's father[34] and Forks' Chief of Police.
* Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen, leader and father figure of the Cullen family.
* Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen, Carlisle's wife and the mother figure of the Cullen family.
* Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen, a member of the Cullen family. In an interview, Lutz said, "I've talked to
   the producers, and they say I have a lot of funny lines."
* Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale, a member of the Cullen family who "feels really strongly about her hatred for
   Bella." Reed, a brunette, stated that she will not dye her hair blonde to film the sequel. "It took 36
   hours initially to make me blonde, and every other day, I was bleaching my head and my skin," recalled
   Reed. "This time around, we are testing out different wigs and stuff."
* Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale, a member of the Cullen family who thirsts for Bella's blood after she
   gives herself a paper cut. This particular scene is Rathbone's favorite, and he stated that he is "very
   excited to film." Jasper also has the ability to sense and control the emotions of others.

Quileute Tribe
* Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, Bella's old childhood friend and a member of the Quileute tribe. He
   becomes close to Bella after Edward leaves, and transforms into a werewolf. Lautner says of the role,
   "(Jacob) transforms mid-story—in the first half, he's Twilight Jacob. I'm wearing a wig. My character's
   very clumsy, outgoing, and friendly. When he transforms into a werewolf, he becomes something very
   different."
* Chaske Spencer as Sam Uley, the leader of a werewolf pack that protects humans against predatory
   vampires.
* Tinsel Korey as Emily Young, Sam's fiancée and a mother figure to the wolf pack.
* Tyson Houseman as Quil Ateara, one of Jacob's best friends and the last to learn of his wolf
   heritage.
* Alex Meraz as Paul, a volatile member of the wolf pack.
* Kiowa Gordon as Embry Call, one of Jacob's best friends. Gordon describes the character as "Jake's right
   hand man, tall, skinny, shy and the fourth to turn into a werewolf."
* Bronson Pelletier as Jared, the joker of the wolf pack.
* Graham Greene as Harry Clearwater, a Quileute elder and friend of Bella's father, Charlie.
* Gil Birmingham as Billy Black, Jacob's father and a Quileute chief.

Nomadic Vampires
* Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria, a vampire who wants to kill Bella to avenge her lover, James.
* Edi Gathegi as Laurent, a vampire who also tries to kill Bella.

The Volturi
* Michael Sheen as Aro, the leader of an ancient Italian vampire coven known as the Volturi.
* Jamie Campbell Bower as Caius, one of the leaders of the Volturi and a key character in the plot of the
   film.
* Christopher Heyerdahl as Marcus, one of the leaders of the Volturi.
* Dakota Fanning as Jane, a guard of the Volturi who has the ability to torture people with illusions of
   pain.
* Cameron Bright as Alec, Jane's brother.
* Charlie Bewley as Demetri, a member of the Volturi. When asked about the character, Bewley said, "He
   has unparalleled tracking abilities together with insane strength, speed and classiness".
* Daniel Cudmore as Felix, a Volturi enforcer.
* Noot Seear as Heidi, a vampire who brings humans to the Volturi to eat.
* Justine Wachsberger as Gianna, a human who works for the Volturi.

Humans
* Anna Kendrick as Jessica Stanley, Bella's self-involved friend.
* Justin Chon as Eric Yorkie, Bella's friend.
* Christian Serratos as Angela Weber, Bella's friend.
* Michael Welch as Mike Newton, Bella's friend who has a crush on her. He joins her on a date with Jacob.

Release
Many theater showings sold out as early as two months prior to the film's November 20, 2009 release date.
life is beautiful!

rogergatal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »
In the second installment of Stephenie Meyers phenomenally successful TWILIGHT series, the romance between mortal and vampire soars to a new level as BELLA SWAN (Kristen Stewart) delves deeper into the mysteries of the supernatural world she yearns to become part of—only to find herself in greater peril than ever before. Following Bellas ill-fated 18th birthday party, EDWARD CULLEN (Robert Pattinson) and his family abandon the town of Forks, Washington, in an effort to protect her from the dangers inherent in their world. As the heartbroken Bella sleepwalks through her senior year of high school, numb and alone, she discovers Edwards image comes to her whenever she puts herself in jeopardy. Her desire to be with him at any cost leads her to take greater and greater risks. With the help of her childhood friend JACOB BLACK (Taylor Lautner), Bella refurbishes an old motorbike to carry her on her adventures. Bellas frozen heart is gradually thawed by her budding relationship with Jacob, a member of the mysterious Quileute tribe, who has a supernatural secret of his own. When a chance encounter brings Bella face to face with a former nemesis, only the intervention of a pack of supernaturally large wolves saves her from a grisly fate, and the encounter makes it frighteningly clear that Bella is still in grave danger. In a race against the clock, Bella learns the secret of the Quileutes and Edwards true motivation for leaving her. She also faces the prospect of a potentially deadly reunion with her beloved that is a far cry from the one shed hoped for. With more of the passion, action and suspense that made TWILIGHT a worldwide phenomenon, THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON is a spellbinding follow-up to the box office hit.
The Twilight Saga: New Moon - Official MTV Video Music Awards HD Trailer #3 [2009]

New Moon Movie Trailer - Official (HD)
check out the trailer
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:33:14 PM by Roger »
life is beautiful!

rogergatal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »
"Twilight" sequel "New Moon" gets the greenlight from Summit
November 22, 2008 | 10:16 pm

UPDATE: "Twilight" will take in a staggering $70.6 million for the weekend. How many times are you going to see it?

Good news "Twilight" fans — "New Moon" is officially on the way.

After news broke that the film adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's vampire romance made a big $35.7 million in its first day of release — the second biggest opening day gross outside of summer after "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" — Summit greenlighted production on the sequel "New Moon."

Here's the word from Summit Entertainment:
Los Angeles, CA November 22, 2008 — Summit Entertainment announced today that the studio is officially moving forward with the production of NEW MOON, the second installment of its filmed franchise TWILIGHT, the action-packed, modern day vampire love story. The movie will be based on the second novel in author Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, titled New Moon. The first movie in the TWILIGHT franchise, the self-titled TWILIGHT, arrived in theaters this weekend to sold-out showings.

Stephenie Meyer stated, "I don't think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment. I'm thrilled to have the chance to work with them again on NEW MOON."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:43:43 PM by Roger »
life is beautiful!

gitz_

• i love my MG shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:50:18 PM »
naa na imohang copya dha bai?

rogergatal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »
naa na imohang copya dha bai?
i want to watch the movie bai hehehe ;D
life is beautiful!

gitz_

• i love my MG shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:52:54 PM »
mao jud...nindot ng wide screen

rogergatal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »
mao jud...nindot ng wide screen
oh yeah!
life is beautiful!

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »
whew....!!mao na sad ni kaboangan ron..hehehe..
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

v

vj

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 09:49:12 PM »
gwapz jud kaayo ni nga vampire uyy--kung single and available pah lng ni sha, minyoan jud nako sa wla'y duha2x.hehe

Lyn Ann

• ..shine bright like a diamond!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
ang macho ni Fafa Jacob pero team Edward pa din me.. :-* :-* :-*