• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Top Lakas-Kampi-CMD Officials Resign
« on: April 01, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »
After Gibo, Dominguez quits as Lakas-Kampi president
ABS-CBN - Wednesday, March 31

MANILA, Philippines - Sarangani Gov. Rene Miguel Dominguez on Wednesday tendered his resignation as party president of the ruling Lakas-Kampi Christian Muslim Democrats.

In his resignation letter, Dominguez said he resigned as party president to allow the next Lakas-Kampi chairman a free hand in choosing his replacement. He is the second top Lakas official to leave his post after the party's chairman, Gilbert Teodoro, announced his resignation Tuesday.

"To the national executive committee of Lakas Kampi Command, I hereby tender my resignation as party president effective immediately. With the recent resignation of our chairman Gilbert C. Teodoro Jr. I would like to give the incoming chairman a free hand to select his new president. I would like to thank the national executive committee and Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal Arroyo for the trust and confidence given to me," he said in his resignation letter.

In his resignation letter, Teodoro said he resigned so he can focus on his presidential campaign. He noted the party needs a chairman who can respond on a 24/7 basis to the needs of its candidates.

In an interview with Ces Drilon on ANC's Rundown on Tuesday, Teodoro said his decision to leave the party should not be seen as a step toward withdrawing from the presidential race.

"Definitely, I'm pursuing my candidacy," he said.

Francis Manglapus, secretary-general of Lakas-Kampi-CMD, said Teodoro had previously discussed the issue of leaving the party's top post.

Manglapus said it would be better for the party to have a full-time chairman since Teodoro is too busy hopping from one place to another.

He said it would be up to the Lakas-Kampi-CMD national executive committee to choose the next party chief.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:27:06 PM by Roger »
life is beautiful!

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
Re: Top Lakas-Kampi-CMD Officials Resign
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
Manglapus resigned as Sec Gen...nagkakagulo na sila....

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
Re: Top Lakas-Kampi-CMD Officials Resign
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
Manglapus resigned as Sec Gen...nagkakagulo na sila....
ang gulo-gulo nga eh..
life is beautiful!