Poll

Who Will You Vote as Next President of the Philippines?

Noynoy Aquino
14 (33.3%)
Gilbert Teodoro
8 (19%)
Manny Villar
7 (16.7%)
Eddie Villanueva
1 (2.4%)
Joseph Estrada
3 (7.1%)
JC De Los Reyes
2 (4.8%)
Jamby Madrigal
2 (4.8%)
Nicanor Perlas
1 (2.4%)
Dick Gordon
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: March 21, 2010, 10:47:40 PM

Who Will You Vote as Next President of the Philippines?

• 1023 replies

tereng

• View Profile
Re: Who Will You Vote as Next President of the Philippines?
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 02:57:07 AM »
I havent voted yet. Still undecided.

3 months away from the election is like 3 weeks. What makes you undecided still? Is it really that hard to choose who is better among the: green evil, yellow evil, red evil, blue evil, to run the Philippines?It's interesting to know the business sector's  point if view on this election. Who  do u think is good, Willy?...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:02:21 AM by tereng »
"The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground."---
Buddha

tereng

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 03:00:33 AM »
nagdrama baya lately si kris lately, basin makadani ug votes for noynoy?

It's not surprising. What's suprising is, when she doesn't .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:19:25 AM by tereng »
Buddha

felix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://felix.boholano.net
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 03:14:26 AM »

It's not surprising. What suprising is, when she doesn't .
tumpak!
"Good people are like wind. You cannot see what is inside thier hearts but you can always feel their goodness and sincerity"

http://felix.boholano.net

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 06:47:50 AM »

3 months away from the election is like 3 weeks. What makes you undecided still? Is it really that hard to choose who is better among the: green evil, yellow evil, red evil, blue evil, to run the Philippines?It's interesting to know the business sector's  point if view on this election. Who  do u think is good, Willy?...
Tereng, it's tempting not to vote because, as you said, it's a choice between a yellow evil, green evil, orange evil, and so on.

However, even if I wont vote, one of them (either the yellow evil, green evil, orange evil, etc) would win. So we might as well make a little more effort in studying the pros and cons of choosing either of these candidates and hopefully arrive at an enlightened decision.

If I were to say more about the leading contenders, I can say that Noynoy seems to be a non-traditional choice. In fact, before Cory died, I am sure that even Noynoy himself never thought about running for President. He was a member of the Senate Committee of the Silent (together with Lito Lapid and Bong Revilla). He wasnt considered a leader among his political peers. And even in his 9 years as congressman in Tarlac, he could not boast of a major legislation to at least try to uplift the lives of the poor and the oppressed in our society. But after Cory died, Nonoy suddenly became a media sensation. And the sad thing is that he is being used my some other politicians (uncluding former Presidential wannabes like Mar Roxas and Ed Panlilio) in order to further their own political interests. I expect him to create more blunders and his survey lead over Villar diminished leading to the May elections.

A more stable choice would be either Villar or Gilbert Teodoro.

Between the two, Villar really is a rags-to-riches story. He is a business success. He is proven to have shown political will in the past when he impeached President Joseph Estrada. He is respected by his peers when he became House Speaker while in Congress, then later on Senate President. It seems to be an impressive background indded. However, the C-5 road extension scandal continues to hound Villar's campaign. Also, his choice of former communists Satur Ocampo and Lisa Masa mixed up with Bong bong  Marcos in his Senatorial line-up was highly criticized. And his close supporters heaved a big sigh of relief when he didnt push thru with his plan to invite Willie Revillame to join his Senate slate. I believe though that he will catch up on Noynoy in the surveys and may even win the Presidency.

As for Gilbert Teodoro, all I can wish for is for him to catch up on the survey leaders Noynoy and Villar because he is also a very qualified candidate (at least on paper). He has both legislative and executive experience. His platform looks solid. But sadly he is performing very badly in surverys. He doesnt appeal much to the masses. Being the "favorite" nephew of Danding Cojuangco, his Presidency is expected to favor and benefit his major campaign donors (unlike Villar who is basically using "his own money"). But what is really killing Gibo is his close affiliation to a very unpopular president and a political party (Lakas-Kampi) formed out of convenience (read: party of political opportunists).

Now, Tereng, given the above analyses, you're asking me who is "good" to elect as next President?

Honestly, I am still an undecided voter as of now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:51:01 AM by willyramasola »

tereng

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 08:47:35 AM »
1. Satur O &  Lisa Masa are not communist.People whose programs are against the govt that is labeled as democratic aren't necessarily communist.

2.Suffrage is a right & a responsibility.How we express our right & value the responsibility that goes w/ it shows how mature we are as a people,as a country.Sadly, we are not so educated in this area,we still need to grow more as people .Our govt is very young but this isn't an excuse on our indifference to this right, moreso,disrespect.

3.To know what we want in our govt & to stand by it defines our maturity ---- thus, gives us an answer of who is the one or the nearest candidate to vote to.And whether we are in the A-side or B-side, good-side or bad-side,if we believe & stand by it, then we will support & vote & not just get swayed easily.

Of course, there's always flipside in every candidate, so is everyone else.

4. The hottest part in hell is reserved for those people who cant make a stand.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:21:56 PM by tereng »
Buddha

tereng

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 09:07:26 AM »
1. how Noynoy led the survey in the early part destined him not to be the president.Its a graph phenomenon,if the graph is at its peak, theres no where to go but to go down.ITs a curse to be too early to be on top.Secondly, he is too lame duck to be a pres in a developing nation in ASIA.But Phil media support and religious org shoudn't be underestimated.

2.Ads are ads.It goes to the subconscious, no matter what.But this doesnt give Villar the ticket to the presidency.Not unless, he will offer & be the highest bidder of Juan dela Cruz' ballot.And,it spells -BILLIONS.

3.Gibo will win.His being in the administration will give him the edge --- to CHEAT. Plus, he is a president-material.His front-strategy is, "slowly but surely" & indeed he is in the survey.But his biggest gun is on the day, he will cheat the computerized election system.

Cheating is Gibo family's delicacies, eversince Marcos' time.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:20:26 PM by tereng »
Buddha

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »
good luck to all

neneng

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »
para mas lalong mapressure

gitz_

• i love my MG shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »
kani si satur ocampo ug Lisa Masa bisan kinsa pay presidente di gihapon na uyon kay leftist na daan ang huna2x

tereng

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
kani si satur ocampo ug Lisa Masa bisan kinsa pay presidente di gihapon na uyon kay leftist na daan ang huna2x

unsa man ang "leftist" para kanimo,Gitz?

....kay masin naungot lang ang atong panghunahuna ug wala na nato gituki ang kinatibuk-an, ug sama sa kadaghanan mohukom nata dayon sa mga tawo nga  nag-marcha sa dalan ug, "leftist" o "rebelde" .

Mas nindot ug dapat tingali nga ato usang paminawon ang mga kalihukan o programa una kita mohusgar.

Ang pagpangutana sa gobyerno ug ang pag-practice sa gi-tawag nga "freedom of speech" usa ka katungod sa kada-usa nga dili ikatingala o dili ikapangutana.Mao kini ang numero unong responsibilidad sa mga namahala sa atong gobyerno,Gitz :

ang pagrespeto ug pagprotekta sa mga katungod sa katawhan.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:02:03 PM by mikey_gatal »
Buddha