Defining Beauty with a Purpose

• 7270 replies

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Defining Beauty with a Purpose
« Reply #830 on: June 18, 2009, 10:37:15 PM »
trying to look busy when u'r not is a raretalent..m trying to develop that one too. ;D

check out this story when I was in the army:
       every so often guys in my unit gets assigned to assist army mechanics do maintenance on our military vehicles.  so, one time, one of my friend from my unit got a bit too smart for his breeches.  he took a tool box and a roll of duct tape from the shop.  then he went under one of the vehicle and taped his hands underneath it........... and went to sleep.  that way anyone who sees him would think that he's working on that vehicle.  hahaha!  and it worked for a little while........ up until our lieutenant checked up on him to make sure he's still ok.  instead of getting in trouble, he was just the laughing stock of our section.  I used to do that (sleep under the vehicle and pretend I'm working :o) before that incident with my friend, but never thought of taping my hands, though.  ;) :) 8)
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

Kristel

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #831 on: June 18, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »
       every so often guys in my unit gets assigned to assist army mechanics do maintenance on our military vehicles.  so, one time, one of my friend from my unit got a bit too smart for his breeches.  he took a tool box and a roll of duct tape from the shop.  then he went under one of the vehicle and taped his hands underneath it........... and went to sleep.  that way anyone who sees him would think that he's working on that vehicle.  hahaha!  and it worked for a little while........ up until our lieutenant checked up on him to make sure he's still ok.  instead of getting in trouble, he was just the laughing stock of our section.  I used to do that (sleep under the vehicle and pretend I'm working :o) before that incident with my friend, but never thought of taping my hands, though.  ;) :) 8)

Can I call him clever? hahaha!  ;D

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 18, 2009, 11:05:36 PM »
Can I call him clever? hahaha!  ;D

call it what you will.......... but he's a shammer.  hahaha!! ;D
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

v

vj evardone

« Reply #833 on: June 18, 2009, 11:10:39 PM »
he's funny..but he's a funny genius!! LOL

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:39 PM »
he's funny..but he's a funny genius!! LOL

and I thought I was the only one who did that.  good thing I wasn't the one who got caught.  hehehe.  or else.......... I would've been me the one everybody would be laughing at.  that guy might have been the funny guy........... he's big, stocky, and definitely a hard-charger.  while under heavy enemy fire, he stuck with me and another buddy when we captured an enemy machine-gun bunker on one of our combat missions in the persian gulf :o.  he's one of my battle buddies......... we always go on patrols together.  I'd definitely go to combat with him anytime. :) 8)

v

vj evardone

« Reply #835 on: June 18, 2009, 11:34:54 PM »
and I thought I was the only one who did that.  good thing I wasn't the one who got caught.  hehehe.  or else.......... I would've been me the one everybody would be laughing at.  that guy might have been the funny guy........... he's big, stocky, and definitely a hard-charger.  while under heavy enemy fire, he stuck with me and another buddy when we captured an enemy machine-gun bunker on one of our combat missions in the persian gulf :o.  he's one of my battle buddies......... we always go on patrols together.  I'd definitely go to combat with him anytime. :) 8)
omg dawg--after all those things u mentioned, u make me think that u'r that old. hehe

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 19, 2009, 01:35:32 AM »
omg dawg--after all those things u mentioned, u make me think that u'r that old. hehe

just been through a lot.  and some of them............ regular people haven't experienced.  joined the army when I was 17, right after high school.  I'm an adventurer.  to me life is an ongoing education.  one can never and should never rest from learning.  only when one expires from this life......... is the time that one should rest easy.  'coz the other side is another adventure.  that's one of my philosophy. ;) :) 8) 

v

vj evardone

« Reply #837 on: June 19, 2009, 01:37:57 AM »
just been through a lot.  and some of them............ regular people haven't experienced.  joined the army when I was 17, right after high school.  I'm an adventurer.  to me life is an ongoing education.  one can never and should never rest from learning.  only when one expires from this life......... is the time that one should rest easy.  'coz the other side is another adventure.  that's one of my philosophy. ;) :) 8) 
so how long have been in the army?? when i was 17, i was soo pampered by family--while u ??? ::) ???

devildawg

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 19, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »
so how long have been in the army?? when i was 17, i was soo pampered by family--while u ??? ::) ???

my parents always thought of me as strong-willed.  after high school, as much as they've disapproved, they gave me a written consent (necessary if under 18) to enlist in the army at 17.  so, I traded family and girlfriend for an adventure in the armed services.  after three months of  boot camp (basic training, including infantry training), a month in airborne school (aka jump school or in layman's term........ parachute training), and two weeks of waiting to be assigned to a permanent unit.......... I was deployed in combat.

I spent a total of 9 years in the army 'coz I was recalled, activated, and deployed in combat again for almost three years while I was already in my current profession.  so, there's an overlap between the army and my profession.  lucky me, I got paid on both at the same time........since I got federalized while working for the city.  I was recalled 'coz I'm an airborne ranger when I left the army, initially.  ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:01:42 AM by devildawg »

gitz_

• i love my MG shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 19, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »
sana mabigyan mo naman ako ng army hot devildawg