Mister World 2010 in Seoul, Korea Final: March 27, 2010

• 9 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Mister World 2010 in Seoul, Korea Final: March 27, 2010
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:39:50 AM »
Mister World 2010, the 6th edition of the Mr World will be held at Incheon, Korea, the competition will begin on March 11, 2010 and the final live telecast will be on March 27, 2010. About 80 delegates are expected to compete from all around the world.

COSTA RICA, VENEZUELA Y REP. DOMINICANA

Mr. World contestants arriving: Contestants for the 2010 Mr. World title, including U.S. representative Ivan Rusilko, left, and staff members of the Miss World Organization, co-organizer of the competition with The Hankook Ilbo-The Korea Times Media Group, arrive at Incheon International Airport, Thursday. Some 80 men from all over the world woll show off their style and talent, begining with an opening reception tonight in Incheon. The race to become "the world;s most desirable man" will coulminate in the main contest on March27.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn3/BoholBizz/Male%20Beauty%20Contest/e8053c7d.jpg?t=1269419603
IRLANDA, MONTENEGRO, NUEVA ZELANDA Y ALEMANIA

ALEMANIA E IRLANDA

NUEVA ZELANDA Y MONTENEGRO

AZERBAIJAN, LATVIA, BELARUS, NORWAY Y RUSSIA

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Mister World 2010 in Seoul, Korea Final: March 27, 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:41:53 AM »
Mr World 2010 has got off to a great start as the first contestants begin to arrive in Incheon, Korea for the start of the two week festival to find the world’s most desirable man.

At Incheon International Airport the first contenders to arrive for the Mr World 2010 title were Montenegro, Germany, Ireland and New Zealand. They were given a warm welcome by locals and officials from the Hankook Ilbo media group.

Germany commented: ‘I am looking forward to this contest even more now that I am in Korea. I hope to get to know the country while I am here. I have been preparing in Sydney for three months to help improve my English, I came straight to Korea from there!’

Ireland mentioned: ‘This is such a great opportunity to find out more about another culture and the way people live. I am looking forward to a great time here.’

The first test of this search for the world’s most desirable man will soon be upon our contestants, as they prepare for their official welcoming ceremony at the Golden Sky Resort, Incheon. This spectacular banquet and staged event will be the first opportunity for the men to show what it takes to compete for a title as prestigious as Mr World 2010.

In the coming weeks, life-long friendships will be formed as the men work together in team activities to showcase strength, stamina and style.

Montenegro said: “Being given this chance to represent my country as a role model for young men today is truly amazing. I want to do my country proud, and also make some great friends in the coming weeks.’

New Zealand agreed, as he is keen to get to know the other guys in the competition: “I have been looking forward to this moment since I won the New Zealand title. I have been so busy preparing for this trip and it took me 20 hours to get here but I know that it will be worthwhile as the next three weeks will be the time of my life.’

Chang Jae-ku, third from left in the front row, chairman of the Hankook Ilbo Media Group, and Incheon Mayor Ahn Sang-soo, fourth from left in the front row, pose for the camera during a welcoming reception for Mr World 2010 contestants at Goldensky International Resort, Incheon, Friday. Seventy-eight contestants will compete through March 27 to be named the most desirable man in the world in cities including Seoul, Incheon and Gyeongju. / Korea Times Photo by Park Seo-gang

By Han Sang-hee
Staff Reporter

Mr World 2010 kicked off Friday night amid high expectations at the Goldensky International Resort, Incheon.

With the contestants and VIPs present and ready to start the 16-day competition to name the ``world's most desirable man,'' Incheon Mayor Ahn Sang-soo and Chang Jae-ku, chairman of the Hankook Ilbo Media Group, gave welcoming speeches, wishing good luck to all 78 competitors.

``I would like to welcome the chairwoman of the Miss World Organization, Julia Morely, and the staff of the (organization) visiting Korea,'' Chang said.

``I'm very pleased to host the Mr World 2010 contest in Incheon. I expect the contestants to show all their talents and charms to the world through this competition,'' he said. ``You need to fill your heart with beautiful memories and tell your loving friends and family about Korea as you go back to your home country.''

Ahn expressed his excitement to be hosting such an event, expressing hope that the contestants will show their best and make their countries proud.

``It's very exciting to see the most desirable man in the world be chosen in Incheon. (I hope) Incheon will provide the 78 contestants the opportunity to show their passion and ambition,'' Ahn said.

Mr World is not just a beauty pageant, but also a competition that requires physical strength, stamina, leadership and determination. For this year's competition, the contestants' cooking skills will also be put to test in a Korean cooking challenge at the Korea House near Mt. Nam in Seoul.

Other activities include a volunteer project for Habitat for Humanity International, Andre Kim's charity fashion show, sports challenges and tours around cities including Incheon, Ulsan and Seoul.

A total of 78 men, aged from 18 to 32, will compete for the title, which comes with a prize of 64,000 pounds (about 100 million won). The winner of the Mr World 2010 contest will be chosen at Songdo Convensia, Incheon, March 27.

Today is the official start of the Mr World two week festival and the contestants have been arriving at Incheon International Airport. The official Mr World buses have been going to and from the airport all day dropping off contestants who have just landed in Korea, and for many it is their first ever visit to the land of the morning calm.

There will be an official welcoming dinner tonight at The Golden Sky Resort where senior government officials including the Mayor of Incheon will be among the special guests.

Venezuela, Costa Rica and Dominican Republic caused a stir as they arrived wearing their national scarves. “It’s just great to finally be here” said Venezuela. Costa Rica declared “I think I can speak for everyone when I say we’ve been looking forward to this for a long time!”

The contestants who arrived early decided to hit the gym. Any advantage you can gain over rival contestants could be vital so they were quick to head down to the fitness centre.

Ireland said “It just feels good to get the blood pumping again” as he added an extra weight to the Chest workout machine. United States agreed “It feels great to be down here. I just want to be in tip-top condition for the physical challenges that lie ahead” he said.

Mayor An Sang Soo welcomes contestants
March 12th
Mr World welcome dinner
Tonight the Mr World contestants met for the first time at the welcome dinner at the Golden Sky Resort in Incheon, Korea. After the Mayor of Incheon, An Sang Soo welcomed the city’s newest guests, a few of the contestants took to the stage to share their impressions of Korea.

Korea welcomed all the contestants to his homeland, United States thanked The Mayor and Chairman Chang, Australia expressed his love of the local cuisine, Netherlands spoke of the kindness of the Korean people and Nigeria said how proud he was to represent his country at Mr World.

The young men were then treated to some authentic Korean entertainment in the form of fan dancing and traditional instruments such as the gayagegum. Norway said “It was a fantastic welcome for us all. The food and entertainment was incredible.”

Joining the contestants were five Miss Korea winners; they posed for photographs and welcomed the visiting countries to their homeland. Costa Rica brought with him a gift for the Mayor of Incheon – a traditional portrait from his home country. He said “I wanted to thank Mayor An Sang Soo for hosting us all in this amazing city”.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:43:49 AM by mikey_gatal »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:01:57 AM »
here are some of the of the contestants photos of this year's Mister World 2010 to be held in Seoul, Korea.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:04:05 AM by mikey_gatal »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:11:16 AM »

MISTER FILIPINAS Alvin ALDEOSA DE JOYA
Ocupación: Graduado en Enfermería y su ambición es trabajar en el ejército.
Origen: Manila
Estatura: 6'2" - (1,88 m.)
Hobbies: Baloncesto, billar y ping pong.
Lema personal: "¿qué aprovechará el hombre aunque ganase todo el Mundo, pero pierde su propia alma?".

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »

MISTER FILIPINAS Alvin ALDEOSA DE JOYA
Ocupación: Graduado en Enfermería y su ambición es trabajar en el ejército.
Origen: Manila
Estatura: 6'2" - (1,88 m.)
Hobbies: Baloncesto, billar y ping pong.
Lema personal: "¿qué aprovechará el hombre aunque ganase todo el Mundo, pero pierde su propia alma?".

may laban..!!
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:17:15 AM »
Some of the early favorites in Mister World 2010.

marivic

• The right man is the one who seizes the moment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 10:58:24 AM »
wafo si mr venezuela hehehehhe ;)
"When you expect nothing and get everything, that's destiny" .(,")

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »
Ireland’s Kamal Ibrahim Named Mr. World 2010

By Lee Hyo-won
Staff Reporter

INCHEON ? Ireland's Kamal Ibrahim was named Mr World 2010 at the contest's finale at Sondo ConvensiA, Saturday. to see more photos of the winner and the results, please click link below:

http://www.mikeygatal.com/connect/index.php?topic=8155.0

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »

Mister NETHERLANDS World 2010 - (Honza Filipi)