• 6 replies

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
Save a Little, Save the Earth
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »
Save a Little, Save the Earth
By James Donaldson

There's no denying it. You have only yourself to blame for the current environmental state of our earth. Just to be clear, you contributed to the neglect and dilapidation of this environment.

Before you spring into defense, think back to the Sunday paper you tossed in the garbage instead of the recycling bin, or the cigarette butts and gum wrappers you've tossed out the window. It's nearly impossible to begin calculating the amount of energy you have required and consumed since you were born.

It is unlikely that you have lived the life of a caveman, in total respect for Earth, surviving off animal remains and raw vegetables. Although you have contributed to Earth's slow death, you can begin doing your part to repair the destruction man has inflicted.

The simplest thing to begin with is saving electricity by unplugging your appliances when you're not using them. Believe it or not, when appliances are left plugged in they remain in a standby mode and continue to consume electricity. Unplugging will save energy for the earth and save money for you.

Try to avoid using plastic straws. After they have been used, straws go directly to the dump, crowding landfills that have accumulated tons of once used plastic straws throughout the years.

Perhaps the most effective method of going green is to live by the three Rs - reuse, reduce and recycle. Repurpose things like water bottles and newspaper, cut back on energy consumption by leaving fewer lights on and recycle items like paper and plastic. The thee Rs may be passé but they remain relevant and effective.

You can bring your new green lifestyle to your work office as well by recycling any and all unneeded paper products. Set up a workplace policy to get everyone to contribute.

These are only a few of countless ways to help bring restoration to the earth. Like these suggestions, most of them are quite simple. Be aware of the effects of unnatural climate changes and the dire need for cleaner drinking water around the world, and maintain your responsibility to do your part.

James Donaldson has been writing articles about the environment for the past two years. He also likes to write about home supplies, such as a plastic sleeve and how archival plastic sleeves can protect important documents.
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Save a Little, Save the Earth
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »
i will start a small tree at my backyard, i'm sure janet and everyone will follow

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
i will start a small tree at my backyard, i'm sure janet and everyone will follow

wow..nice one fren..!!go for greeen??? ;D ;D :-*
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
wow..nice one fren..!!go for greeen??? ;D ;D :-*

is this ok? i'm wearing red

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
is this ok? i'm wearing red

wow..murag dilii kaw nagtanum ana dah.. ;D ;D

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »
wow..murag dilii kaw nagtanum ana dah.. ;D ;D

how about this one? got to start something to save mother earth

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
how about this one? got to start something to save mother earth

hmmmmmmm.....pwede  na...hehehhe...