Passport is key to Venus Raj’s retention of ‘Binibini’ title

• 18 replies

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
(UPDATE) Venus Raj given chance to reclaim Bb Pilipinas-Universe title .Photos and video of MARIA VENUS RAJ- "The dethroned beauty who got her crown back." Birth Date: July 7, 1988 Vital Stats: 34-22-34

by abs-cbnNEWS.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UoB3m_slXs&feature=player_embedded#

MANILA, Philippines - Dethroned 2010 Binibining Pilipinas-Universe Maria Venus Raj can now reclaim her title. She only needs to get a valid Philippine passport.

In a statement released Saturday, the Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BPCI) announced that "for humanitarian reasons," they are allowing Raj to reclaim her title.

"We have reassessed the situation pertaining to Miss Maria Venus Raj and have decided, for humanitarian reasons, that if she is able to obtain a valid Philippine passport, we will reinstate her as the reigning Bb. Pilipinas-Universe," the BPCI said in a statement.

Raj, who was guest at ABS-CBN's noontime game show Wowowee, said she has been informed by the BPCI about the decision.

She said she has yet to consult with her lawyers about the latest development, but admitted that she is already planning on applying for a passport.

"Pinag-uusapan pa namin ito ng mga lawyers ko and ng family ko rin. Pero definitely, I will get a passport," Raj said.

The BPCI recently stripped Raj of her title due to inconsistencies in her birth records.

The Filipino-Indian beauty from Camarines Sur had maintained that the officials of the BPCI knew from the very beginning the incorrect entries in her birth certificate. She said she was transparent during the pre-pageant screening of candidates.

Raj had also vowed to question the BPCI's decision to dethrone her.

Commission on Human Rights chief Leila de Lima had said that Raj's case "deserves serious scrutiny."

De Lima said that she would like to find out if the BPCI gave Raj "her day" to explain the inconsistencies in her birth certificate.

The BPCI said in the statement that the decision to dethrone Raj was meant to protect the beauty titlist "in the way we felt appropriate."

It said that while the BPCI is concerned about the Raj's situation, it is also bound "as an entity" under Philippine laws.

The Bb Pilipinas-Universe has been handed to 2nd runner-up Helen Nicolette Henson.

Henson, a 21-year-old Broadcast Journalism major at St. Scholastica's College, took over Raj’s place after the pageant’s 1st runner up failed to meet the age requirement of the Miss Universe Pageant.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:32:19 PM by Beyonce »
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Passport is key to Venus Raj’s retention of ‘Binibini’ title
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
Maria Venus Raj deserves the title. Bb. Pilipinas Charities, Inc. headed by Stella Marquez de Araneta, made a big blunder. they should have sit down and made some assistance how to solve a problem. Next year, they should not accept 17 year olds to join the pageant. if Miss Necio is only 17 years old(first runner-up), they should have reshuffled all winners and accommodate her to get a crown if you want fair in the game instead of putting Miss Henson(2nd runner-up) to represent our country in the forthcoming Miss Universe 2010 to be held in Brasil.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:31:42 PM by Beyonce »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:15:23 PM »
Nabawi na ni Maria Venus Raj ang kanyang korona bilang Binibining Pilipinas Universe. Pero, may isang kondisyon bago siya payagang maging kinatawan ng bansa sa international pageant! Nagpa-Patrol Mario Dumaual. TV Patrol World, Lunes, Abril 12, 2010   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIhjA1EIkoM&feature=player_embedded#
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:29:18 PM by Beyonce »

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:18:13 PM »
What Now?

A sudden twist of fate? I really don't know if I should be happy for Ms. Raj because she will got a chance to win her crown back or be worried because this might put her in jeopardy again. For whatever reason they are doing this and whatever result this new twist of fate will lead you I will always salute Ms. Raj for standing up for what she think is right and she deserves. I hope this won't happen again because the orgianization will lose their credibility not to their sponsors but for the Filipino people who they wish to represent.

- gita

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »
Maria Venus Raj is a Filipina based on jus sanguinis principle

Regardless of circumstances or inconsistencies on the birth certificate, the fact that she has a Filipina mother makes her a Philippine citizen by birth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_nationality_law

In some cases, it's not the mothers recuperating from their labor who fills out the forms, thus creating unintentional discrepancies. My own birth documents have minor inconsistencies which I decided to just accept to avoid legal proceedings to correct this. Still, I managed to get my own passport.

What should have been done in the case of Ms. Raj is for the organization to have offered her some form of legal assistance. That could have been justifiable. Instead, what seems to be inconsistent now are BPCI's statements and actions in the way they handle the case.

- jlilio

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 11:22:29 PM »
Passport??

BPCI pls don’t show your kabobohan. You have plenty of time para i-check o i-verify ang mga documents ni Venus bago pa siya maki –pagcompete . Ngayon pakukuhanin ninyo siya ng Philippine passport para tulungan kayo ng NSO sa kahinaan ninyo. Dapat talagang magpaka-human kayo in the first place because your action to dethrone Venus is unhuman. Venus deserve that title for the way she stands now at talagang pilipinang pilipina ang kanyang pag-uugali, pag-iisip at katapatan. Venus, you’re the real winner and I wish you all the prayers in fighting for your reasons and dreams to become Miss Universe. Good Luck!!!

- floranted

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 11:24:33 PM »
Showing incapability

BPCI is no good at all. Your actions have shown to the world that you are totally incapable of your job.

My support to the dethroned Bb Pilipinas queen.

DISQUALIFICATION should always be done BEFORE and not AFTER the pageant. Ibig sabihin if a contestant is allowed to participate in the pageant then that means she is qualified or has passed the specified qualification.

SHAME on all of you who belong to the BPCI

- pandak

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »
Humanitarian reason???

Humanitarian reason? Ka-plastikan! BPCI, aminin nyo nalang na para kay Venus talaga ang crown. Accept nyo nalang na nagkamali kayo sa pagbawi ng crown. Buti naman na-realized nyo, sana hindi na maulit.
I hope you won't entertain suckers who are hungry for the crown. Give it to the one who deserves it, not to the one whom you know and who you want.

- iron_butterfly

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
ang masama pa, hindi pa sya tutulungan or iassist man lang? well, people behind Bb. Pilipinas Charities, Inc., at least makabawi man lang kayo kay Maria Venus Raj ano by assisting her to get a passport, she's a representative to our country to the prestigious beauty pageant, Miss Universe 2010 that is!

Janet

• My Sexy Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 11:56:31 PM »
i hope she will not be like carrie prejean, miss california 2009 who was dethroned by organizers due to her controversial answer in miss u.s.a. pageant. donald trump gave back her crown but few weeks after she was dethroned again by the organizers this time due to nude photos. although gi reinstate siya ug balik, pero gipangitaan gihapon siya ug bikil. i hope this will not happen to venus nga pangitaan lang siya ug bikil, because it seems like wala siyang supporta sa BPCI.
Please Visit My Beauty With A Purpose Website

www.janet.jamcee.com