• 0 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Ven y Toma Mi
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:29:20 PM »
by O. Henry.

Once upon a time, there was a bolero courting a girl. He kept bragging to the girl that he's travelled a lot in Mexico. That he's a guru in Mexican cactus and fluent in Spanish. The girl believed him. Finally, the girl said that he will get his answer the next day.

The following morning a Mexican cactus plant was delivered to his home from the girl. Noticing the ugly plant with its prickly thorns, he was terribly upset. Since then, he never talked to the girl. One week later, the girl married his rival.

Ug nanglabay ang panahon .....

One day, while travelling in Mexico, he dropped by a cactus shop. Noticing a cactus plant similar to the one the girl gave him, he asked the Mexican owner.

The Mexican owner replied, "Si, Senior, it is a very beautiful plant. It is called 'Ven y Toma Mi'. Translated into English, it means 'Come and Take Me'". Hehehe.  :) ;)
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.