Villar concedes

• 7 replies

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
Villar concedes
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:40:43 PM »
MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE) A day after the election, Nacionalista Party (NP) standard-bearer Senator Manuel Villar has given up the fight for the presidency, conceding to Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III and urging the people to work behind him.

"Nagpasya na ang mga mamamayang Pilipino. Malinaw na sa kabila ng ating pagpupunyagi, hindi tayo nabiyayayaan ng tagumpay sa halalan noong Lunes (The Filipino people have decided. It is clear that despite our efforts, we were not blessed to win in Monday’s elections)," Villar said, reading a prepared statement before members of the media in his headquarters at the Starmall in Mandaluyong.

"Humaharap ako sa inyo ngayon upang tanggapin ang pasyang ito, upang igalang ang boses ng sambayanang Pilipino (I face you now to accept this decision, to respect the voice of the Filipino people)," he added.

"I fought a good fight…I congratulate Senator Noynoy Aquino on his victory. The challenges he and our country face are enormous and we should all work together," Villar, who was clad in white polo barong, said.

Villar will remain a senator as he has yet to finish his six-year term.

Villar lamented that he was the subject of lies during the campaign.

He said he believes he will be given the chance to clear his name before the public.

"Ako ay naniniwala na sa darating na mga araw ako ay mabibigyan ng pagkakataon na linisin ang aking pangalan upang maliwanagan ang ating mga kababayan. Yan ang mahalaga sa akin higit sa anupamang bagay (I believe that someday I will be given the chance to clear my name before our countrymen. That is most important to me now)," he said.

Villar thanked his family, volunteers, supporters, and his party-mates for sticking it out with him in this election.

He said he will also remember the millions of Filipinos he met during the campaign trail, especially the poor.

"For the rest of my life, I will remain their champion. Bagamat ako ay hindi pinalad, ang aking pangarap na tapusin ang kahirapan ay hindi nagwawakas (Even though I wasn’t fortunate, my dream to end poverty is not finished)," he said.

Tuesday's public appearance capped Villar's aspiration for the highest office of the land which some said began as early as 2007 when he was re-elected senator.

Villar has been touted the closest rival of Liberal Party's Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III until the last two weeks of the campaign period when the former began to slip in the surveys.

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

julius castillo

• July Metrand
    • View Profile
    • Metrand Corp.
Re: Villar concedes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:00:52 PM »
Sino kaya ang susunod na mag-concede?
 ;D
Metrand Corp is a Software Developer and a technology consulting company specializing in Electronic Health Records (EHR) or Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Medical Billing Software, Home Health Billing Software, and any medical practitioner's electronic software systems. http://www.metrand.com

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
Can you just imagine if Noynoy didnt run? Si Erap unta ang next President! hehehe.

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 09:34:17 PM »
Can you just imagine if Noynoy didnt run? Si Erap unta ang next President! hehehe.

oh yeah...!si erap jud...na murah.. ;D ;D
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

DonFormilleza

• Global Moderator
  • i love you all..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:15:03 PM »
iya patong gi tubag sauna ag mga controversy ma second unta siya ron...hahaha!

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »
Actually, Villar was not really a very strong candidate. The reason why he was leading in the surveys before was because Cory Aquino was still alive when he declared his intention to run. Noynoy never dreamed yet at that time of running for President. Also at that time, Erap was dealing with legal obstacles for him to be able to run. He himself was not yet sure of running. But when these two gentlemen, Noynoy and Erap, were already clearly into the race, Villar's downfall was imminent. Villar could not compete with Erap's "masa" appeal. Villar could not compete with Noynoy as far as the support from the major business groups is concerned (Ayalas, Lopezes, to name a few). And Villar could not convince the public that he was clean from all the anomalies and corruption that was linked to him (such as the C5 contoversy and the stockmarket manipulation).

Lesson to learn: If you're a businessman and you want to be elected and join the government, it would be better to sell your business first then run for public office. So that you will be free from accusations that you will just be using your political position to benefit your business.

Villar's skills and competence was never an issue. He was a good leader and manager. But it was a credibility issue. The people are dead serious about cleaning up this government of corruption. That's why he lost.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:13:55 AM »
thanks willyboy...now i know!
when you think your perfect? try walking in the water...

Jameslyn

• tan taran chu chu rot chu rot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
 :D
8)  8)  8) 8)  8)  8)