Buboy Garovillo of APO Hiking Society and Mikey

• 11 replies

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Buboy Garovillo of APO Hiking Society and Mikey
« on: June 04, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »
Met Buboy Garovillo of the famous APO Hiking Society inside the Philippine Airlines Airport last May 16, 2010. he came from Davao City and I came from Bohol. very nice guy and accommodating.

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Re: Buboy Garovillo of APO Hiking Society and Mikey
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 06:29:00 AM »
APO Hiking Society bidding adieu to music industry
By Reyma Buan

MANILA, Philippines – After 4 decades of great music and timeless hits, The APO Hiking Society is bidding farewell to the music scene.

APO’s Jim Paredes, Buboy Garrovillo and Danny Javier, the ageless triumvirate of the ‘70s and ‘80s pop music, announced in a press conference Wednesday that their series of shows from February until the end of May will be their final curtain call.

"This last stretch, we will really like to see as many as you…. The best shows we've ever done in our career will happen right now in our last stretch. We are coming to an end," Paredes said.

It wasn’t an easy decision. According to them, it took almost a year of rigorous deliberations before they finally agreed that it is time for the group to leave the industry.

"Through the years, parang little by little, pakonti ng pakonti 'yong ginagawa naming creative process. That's how APO was created 40 years ago… Sabi namin, ‘Saan tayo pupunta? Ano ba ang sinimulan ng APO noon?’ Ito nawawala nga ‘yong creative process,” Garrovillo said.

“The performances will always be the same. We still enjoy performing. Kaya lang sabi namin kung uulit ulitin lang natin ito at wala naman tayong ginagawang bago, baka maburyong tayo sa sarili natin. Bago tayo maburyong sa sarili natin, let's put a time table to it," he added.

They also took note of the fact that their last 5 albums were unsuccessful.

“It's knowing when to leave [and] not to overstay your welcome… Forty (years) I think is a very good time," Javier said.

According to Wikipedia,  APO has made 27 record albums, hosted several television shows, including their own noontime Sunday show "Sa Linggo nAPO Sila," and launched hugely successful major solo concerts and countless provincial, dinner, and corporate shows.

The group has performed in over 50 cities in the United States, Canada, Singapore, Indonesia, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Japan.

The legendary trio was also behind the all time favorite songs “Batang-bata Ka Pa,” “Kabilugan ng Buwan,” “Di Na Natuto,” “Awit ng Barkada,” “When I Met You,” and “Pumapatak Na Naman ang Ulan.”

Their Valentine concert, dubbed as the “Last Valentine nAPO," on February 13 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City will kick off this “last stretch of performances.”

Actress-comedienne K Brosas will be their special guest.

Tickets are available at all Ticketnet office. Or call 911-5555 or Twenty Plus Inc. hotline at 753-1609 loc 116 or at Star Express PLDT hotline at 334-9272 add 02 for Globe and SMART subscribers.

Life after APO

Garrovillo, however, made this clarification: “Baka akala niyo kapag sinabing magre-retire ang APO, ‘yong mga tao na ng APO [magre-retire din]. Hindi. Ang pangalan ng APO ang magre-retire."

For instance, Paredes said he will continue to write and collaborate with other singers.

For Javier’s part, meanwhile, he will let fate take its course. "Naniniwala ako sa isang kasabihan na life begins after you make your plans. So, hindi na ako nagpa-plano. I'll just let it begin.”

One thing sure though, he said he is taking a break from music.

“I have a son who is very talented and very serious about music. Magandang magpapasintabi muna ako at pagmasdan siya na gawin ang gusto niyang gawin na walang nakalakip na pangalan o imahen ng kanyang ama para magkaroon siya ng sariling name,” he said. -Reyma Buan-Deveza, abs-cbnNEWS.com

Milagrosa

• it's hot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 06:58:13 AM »
magkasingtangkad lang pala kayo.
my bath tub is my friend nowadays!

rogergatal

• Administrator
  • "proud to be an MG security, and i'm watching you"
    • View Profile
    • www.hotelsinbohol.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:06:01 AM »
wow very nice
life is beautiful!

d

dong

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:11:08 AM »
murag artista pod si mikey

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »
murag artista pod si mikey

hahaha, ganu ba dong? thanks na maihintulad mo ako ni buboy garovillo  ;D

john

• "Touche..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:11:04 PM »
I'm an avid fan of the APO 8) 8)
Life is precious,value it,take care of it,protect it participate and be  part of the living...

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
I'm an avid fan of the APO 8) 8)

nag gigitara ka ba pare?

john

• "Touche..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:07:42 PM »
nag gigitara ka ba pare?

oo naman... pero la na praktis... :(
Life is precious,value it,take care of it,protect it participate and be  part of the living...

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »
oo naman... pero la na praktis... :(

si Bobbit kaya?  8)