Scenes from a Marriage

• 12 replies
j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
Scenes from a Marriage
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
To most, Marianne (Liv Ullmann) and Johan (Erland Josephson) always seemed like the perfect couple. But when Johan suddenly leaves Marianne for another woman, the veil of perfection has been lifted and they are forced to confront the disintegration of their marriage.

Recommend viewing.

Once went to the hosp. Bumped into a Greek in his mid 60s. Sold his fish shop business to devote ft to care wife. Wife been dialyzing 10+ yrs. In & out of hosp many Xs. Going downhill. Could see sad look in his eyes. Were married when they were early 20s. One and only.
Has a son. Already divorced 4X. Latest wife a Pinay. Again, marriage disintegrating. Asked me, "Mate, what's going on with marriage today"? Replied, "Yeah, mate, marriage is now a crap commitment".  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

_____
"For the times, they are a'changin'"
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Random Notes
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
Never cheated on my marriage. Not because didn't want to. But because couldn't afford it. Been sending my children to very expensive exclusive private schools in Syd. Yes, sch for the filthyrich. Not to mention their hockey lessons, music lessons, etc. Had my fill of womanizing before marriage.
Besides, more fun to watch eldest, a daughter, act as an animal(!) in school play 'Noah's Ark'. "Not funny, daddy". Said when saw me laughing. Hehehe.
Also more fun to watch 2nd, a son, played soccer against other priv sch team. Could still remember the jubilant look on his face when he made his very 1st score. Was in Gr 3. Later, joined the rugby team. In a certain yr, undefeated champion. The ff yr, a massacre. Didn't even win a single match. Hahahahaha.
Also more fun to watch youngest, the baby in the family, a son, appeared at the Syd Opera House 2X (in kindy & Gr 1) together w/Suzuki Violin ensemble. Sch teacher's final report comment was, "He's naughty, distractive, but very dear". Teacher was a lovely young lady. No wonder. Like father, like son. Hehehe.
Then, 1 day, everything collapsed.

"'I fell out of love with you'. What a banal denouement! (Yevtushenko)"

Well, ready to take the chance again. Ready to prove my life's worthwhile with one who'd give new meaning to this empty world of mine. :) ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
Re: Scenes from a Marriage
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »
Marriage breakdown changed my life. The lure of wealth and fame no longer held the same fascination or urgency it once did. It is difficult to know why. They say that those who have a near-death experience often use their second chance at life to redeem their earlier mistakes; some pursue the spiritual, and others search for meaning in what remains of their existence on this earth. Discovering what this is for me has now become a quest. :) ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:37:08 PM by juan »

j

juan

• View Profile
"Quest is at the heart of what I do-the holy grail, and the terror that you'll never find it, seemed a perfect metaphor for life."  :)
- Jeanette Winterson

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 04:11:54 AM »
"Quest is at the heart of what I do-the holy grail, and the terror that you'll never find it, seemed a perfect metaphor for life."  :)
- Jeanette Winterson

Will I find my holy grail? :-\ :)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 10:15:16 AM »
very soon

wardiflex

• OMG Fanaticz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »
hintay hintay lang.
kinsa tong mag pa pintal sa ilang balay etc., just inform me, naa koy kaila nga d best.09487352092

xinraine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 05:53:17 PM »
hintay hintay lang.

same ta wardz. char! hehe

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 06:32:59 AM »
"Honesty is such a lonely word."
(from Billy Joel's "Honesty")
 :)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 08:56:19 AM »
ang hirap kayang mag asawa kaya don't dream about it na lang muna