OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
From Accident to Passion
« on: June 11, 2010, 01:19:56 PM »
From Accident to Passion
by  Michael J. Parker   

I'd like to believe that I am an artist. Well, call me a self-confessed artist if you want. My passion for arts especially digital arts didn't came before long. It was only a year ago in fact when I was motivated by some of the great works of digital artists I've seen online. I was eating some retro sweets then when I accidentally stumbled on an amazing rendition of an unknown artist of paradise. The artwork had a development process listed below it. It said it started as a sketch on a bond paper and then scanned and coloured in Photoshop. The end product was an almost 3d like masterpiece that will almost jump out of the PC monitor.

Right then I knew I want to do just the same. I spent most of my free time indulging in retro sweets and visiting various graphic design websites for inspiration. And true enough, these websites gave me the inspiration to study digital art. I was self studying during those times and when I finally finished high school I didn't think twice and enrolled myself in a digital art degree in a university.

They say being an artist is in your since you are born and cannot be learned. But I have to disagree. Years before I discovered digital art I didn't know how to doodle and sketch, nor do I know to combine colours properly to create an impact. Through being inspired browsing the graphic design websites and enjoying my retro sweets I was able to develop the passion for art and the learning process followed after.

One of my favourite graphic design website is Smashing Magazine. Smashing Magazine offers a virtually endless content for any graphic design buff of any level. May you be a novice or a professional the website will give you informative stuff about the industry. It also contains tutorials and articles that will help anyone harness their skills in graphic design. It has been a routine to visit the site everyday for new contents while indulging in some retro sweets.

I was eating some retro sweets before when I saw the site Graphic-ExchanGE. That very moment I immediately bookmarked it. The website contains selected works from the best of bests in graphic design all over the world! It features a selection of design works from card design, book design, photography, identity, and more! The massive collection of creations will blow your mind away. This site also gives me insights on what is the trend in graphic design.

I am now in my third year in college; one more year and I will finish what started as an accident online while I was eating some retro sweets. An accident that developed into passion.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michael_J._Parker