OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
Vitamin D and the Human Body
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
 Vitamin D and the Human Body
By Christopher J Ellis

What is Vitamin D exactly? Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is necessary for the human body. Vitamin D helps a person stay healthy and helps with absorption of other nutrients for the body. Vitamin D plays multiple roles in the human body and does not occur naturally in foods. It is often added to food because the body has to produce through exposure to the sun. As we know too much sun is a bad thing but a little is beneficial as that exposure allows the body to produce the vitamin naturally.

There are numerous studies that have been done and are currently being conducted to realize the many benefits of Vitamin D in the human body. Some discoveries point to the vitamin d being necessary for calcium absorption, helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis, reducing the risk of certain cancers, some conditions related to colon and prostate cancer, also could help prevent diabetes, high blood pressure and even multiple sclerosis.

Without vitamin d the body cannot properly absorb calcium in the gut and these two are partners in helping to keep bones strong and healthy. In studies over the years vitamin d has appeared to have protective characteristics with regards to cancer as it is suspected to reduce the risk of prostate and breast cancer. We must also keep in mind that while vitamin d is very important for the human body to function properly, too much can be toxic to the body as it can raise calcium levels too high which can lead to irregular heartbeats, a weak feeling, vomiting, and even kidney stones.

If you are not getting enough vitamin d through sun exposure or your diet you may need a supplement to help out. Also the debate over how much daily intake is safe is one that continues today but one thing that is not debatable is that you should have your doctor check your vitamin d levels because it could very well lead to a long healthy life.

A business owner that feels it is my duty to share information to positively impact lives. You are invited to take a look at what I do to improve my life on a daily basis by going here http://www.stonesriverwellness.com and for doing so I give you this gift to help save you money on all your shopping needs from groceries to electronics by going here http://www.mymoneysavingapp.com