OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
LeBron treasure found at yard sale
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »
Akron woman finds out LeBron pendant worth thousands

By Curtis Jackson

When Vaneisha Robinson bought a diamond studded pendant in the shape of LeBron James' number 23 jersey at a yard sale four years ago, she thought it was costume jewelry.

"I used to go to high school with it around my neck, not knowing the value of it," Robinson said.

Robinson got curious about the pendant's value a few months ago when she noticed the diamonds were set in the same way real ones are. She took it to a local jewelry store for a once-over.

"They tested the diamonds and they told me that it was real and that I should invest in getting it certified," Robinson said.

Robinson, 20, who is an amateur boxer, saved $200 to pay for a certified appraisal by the International Gemological Institute. The pendant she paid $5 for four years ago is worth nearly $10,000. She's put the jewelry up for sale on eBay.

Despite the backlash caused by James' decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers and play for the Miami heat, Robinson believes the pendant will sell for top dollar.

"LeBron James (sic) brand will never die out," she said.

"If he got a ring it might go up in value. You never know."

zulacs

• "hahaha..lay lingaw!"
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron treasure found at yard sale
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »
i love L.James..hehehe...
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go. "

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:57:10 PM »
lucky girl, i should shop aroud for more at some garage sales

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:56:56 AM »
LeBron pendant now center of investigation

By Curtis Jackson

Just a few days ago, Vaneisha Robinson believed her dreams were about to come true. As NewsChannel5 and newsnet5.com first reported, Robinson paid $5 for a pendant in the shape of LeBron James' number 23 jersey at a yard sale four years ago.

Robinson thought it was costume jewelry until she had it appraised and certified by International Gemological Institute, which said the diamond-studded, gold jewelry was real and valued at nearly $10,000.

The amateur boxer put the pendant up for sale on eBay, hoping to use the proceeds to open her own gym.

On Wednesday, Robinson said she got a phone call that turned her dream into a nightmare. Robinson said it was Katherine L. Powers, the mother of Maverick O. Carter. Carter is the CEO of LeBron James' marketing company, LRMR.

"[Powers] said that LeBron James was at her house and they wanted me to come over there. They were going to make me an offer that I couldn't refuse," Robinson said.

It turned out the one-of-a-kind pendant belongs to Carter, who claims it was stolen. Robinson said she and her mother went to the Wadsworth house Carter shares with his mother, believing James was going to buy the pendant and give it back to Carter.

"When I got there, LeBron James was not there. It was about eight or nine other people there," Robinson said. "They pretty much accused me, they threatened me and they used their authority to they (sic) best ability to get the pendant in their possession."

Robinson said she and her mother drove to Carter's house in the 500 block of Caledonia Drive in her mother's pickup truck.

"They blocked her truck in the driveway. They told us that we weren't going anywhere until they got that pendant. I was scared for my life," she said.

Wadsworth police said they were called around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday night by a woman visiting a neighbor of Powers. According to a recording of the 911 call, the woman heard loud arguing. She said she called the police at Powers’s request.

"I walked away from that. I just kept walking just in case something was about to happen," the woman told the 911 dispatcher.

A Wadsworth police spokesperson said Robinson and her mother had already left when they arrived on scene. Powers was the only one there. She had the pendant.

"Ms. Powers showed me the pendant in question and I was able to determine that it was a one-of-a-kind item and it did actually belong to Mr. Carter," said Sgt. James Elchlinger.

Elchlinger said Carter was not at the house during the incident. A receptionist at LRMR told NewsChannel5 Thursday that Carter was unavailable for comment. Powers was not home when a reporter stopped at the house seeking an interview.

The case is under investigation.

Robinson did not call police Wednesday night, but showed up at the station Thursday afternoon. Robinson said she was advised to get a lawyer.

Police are trying to determine if the pendant was ever reported stolen. But Robinson maintains she could not have had the jewelry certified by the I.G.S. if it were stolen property.

The boxer vowed her next fight will be in a court of law.

"There was no serial number on that pendant so it's untraceable," Robinson said. "That pendant is mine. It belongs to me. I want it back."