Re: How would you define love?
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 06:09:56 AM »
hahaha! and laughing mode na rin...

john

• "Touche..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 07:12:07 AM »
when one opens their mouth to play defensive and twist facts, they usually end up putting their foot in their mouth. hehehe.  I've seen so many of those during my investigations and some in court (legal term is perjury).  if it's already dead and buried...........let it stay that way.  and of course, as we say at work, "get rid of the evidence".  hahaha!   ;) :) 8)

and when one belittles another because of the job they hold and/or how much one earns does not make them superior.  a good example is law enforcement (including the military) here in the U.S.  now, why do you think every country in the world sends their best police officers here to be trained by LAPD officers?  that's because LAPD and such agencies still have the best law enforcement training in the world.  besides, law enforcement pay here is competitive against salaries for jobs in engineering, management, some medical fields, etc.  the best part for me is............we get lots of adrenaline pumping action.  thousands apply for the job of a police officer, yet only a select very few gets their commission.  educational attainment does not make one bigger than the other fella.  bottom line is, it all boils down to what kind of person one is...........and not how much money one have or earn nor how much education one attained.  it's how one uses what they've learned in the education of life that really matters. my term for individuals who belittles another (whether it's because of education, social status, wealth, etc.) are "bigots with low self-esteem".  those individuals have to talk down another to feel superior.........yet they still end up putting their foot in their mouth.  heck, I'm not a rich guy, yet I've traveled half the world and have interacted with people of different cultures.  so, I pretty much have an idea on how a lot of people are.  hehehe.   ;) :) 8)

Touche! 8)
Life is precious,value it,take care of it,protect it participate and be  part of the living...

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
Touche! 8)

?? ??? ?? hmmmm..........just a general post, john boy.  hehehe.  not pertaining to a specific individual.   ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:34:26 PM by devildawg »
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

john

• "Touche..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 06:16:41 PM »
?? ??? ?? hmmmm..........just a general post, john boy.  hehehe.  not pertaining to a specific individual.   ;) :) 8)

I also have encountered a lot of these kind! That's why I said "Touche" 8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:06:47 PM by john »
Life is precious,value it,take care of it,protect it participate and be  part of the living...

devildawg

• never a dull moment with this bad boy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 06:47:29 PM »

seems like there's a lot of those going around.  I've witnessed one  the last time I had my vacation in the p.i.  a buddy and I were eating in one of those street eateries when I noticed several homeless children raid the left-overs of the patrons next to us.   >:( what bothered me was when one of the stall cook yelled at them and tried to shoo them away >:(.  I reacted by getting on to that "tindera" by telling her that those children were in fact cleaning off the table for her.  then, I told the children to get what the "tindera" was grilling.   :o surprisingly, those children just got one stick of barbecue for each of them.  I was so touched by their gesture that I bought everything that the "tindera" was grilling (and some more, including the stall beside the one I was buying from), rice, soda (with the bottle) and gave them to those homeless children.  I felt that those children had more sense of courtesy and gratitude than the business owner.  :) it really felt good seeing those childrens' eyes sparkle with gratitude because they had something to eat that night and will have some left-overs, too.   ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:07:01 PM by john »
"......... anything you say can be and will be used against you.........!" (excerpt from Miranda vs. Arizona, 1966, Fifth Amendment, US Constitution)

OMG

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mikey Gatal Worldwide
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 01:56:12 AM »

you're about to, just watch out :o

j

juan

• Fate is the hunter for my holy grail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 09:35:11 PM »
when one opens their mouth to play defensive and twist facts, they usually end up putting their foot in their mouth. hehehe.  I've seen so many of those during my investigations and some in court (legal term is perjury).  if it's already dead and buried...........let it stay that way.  and of course, as we say at work, "get rid of the evidence".  hahaha!   ;) :) 8)
and when one belittles another because of the job they hold and/or how much one earns does not make them superior.  a good example is law enforcement (including the military) here in the U.S.  now, why do you think every country in the world sends their best police officers here to be trained by LAPD officers?  that's because LAPD and such agencies still have the best law enforcement training in the world.  besides, law enforcement pay here is competitive against salaries for jobs in engineering, management, some medical fields, etc.  the best part for me is............we get lots of adrenaline pumping action.  thousands apply for the job of a police officer, yet only a select very few gets their commission.  educational attainment does not make one bigger than the other fella.  bottom line is, it all boils down to what kind of person one is...........and not how much money one have or earn nor how much education one attained.  it's how one uses what they've learned in the education of life that really matters. my term for individuals who belittles another (whether it's because of education, social status, wealth, etc.) are "bigots with low self-esteem".  those individuals have to talk down another to feel superior.........yet they still end up putting their foot in their mouth.  heck, I'm not a rich guy, yet I've traveled half the world and have interacted with people of different cultures.  so, I pretty much have an idea on how a lot of people are.  hehehe.   ;) :) 8)

Bigot, as defined in dictionary, is someone who is intolerantly convinced of the rightness of a particular opinlon, practice, etc. Like calling another dom 'coz dislikes his style. Either directly or via insinuations or cleverly disguised little farces.

Yes, bigotry. A disease that's still plaguing the Phil.
Eg, marrying a young Pinay. Ok, if he's a puti. Not uncommon for a puti retiree to go to the Phil, marry a young Pinay, and live there permanently.
Once read a Cebu newspaper comment by a visiting puti news editor. Walked along CC cbd 1 early morning for a coffee. Still quiet. Went into a cafe. Saw a puti retiree on a rocking chair. A teenage Pinay was sitting on his lap. Being the only customer and also a puti, they weren't embarrassed and carried on.
Later learned Pinay was puti's wife. Pinay's mom owned the cafe. All lived upstairs.
A common Internet-dating site ad is about retirement living in Phil. Marry a young Pinay. Many looking for foreign nationals to marry. Age is not a problem.
A Pinoy, who'd do something similar, would be called a dom with lecherous inclination.
Needless for me to say more. Look what's happening to me here. A never-ending pissing contest target. And reaching retirement age is still miles away.
Considering further, I'm one of those who packed up their few wordly possessions and traveled across oceans in search of a new life. Sending money home. Helping the Phil perpetually ailing economy.
Is this what we, overseas Pinoys, get in return? Being treated as 2nd class to the puti?
 ???
"true love is life's best treasure.
wealth and fame may pass away,
bring no joy or lasting pleasure.
true love abides all way.
through the world i'll gladly go,
if one true love i know."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 09:37:31 PM »
Now, to liven things up.

After starting this thread and the wonderful food for thought you've given, think it's high time to ask the multi-billion $ question: why aren't you married yet? Hehehe. :) ;)
Needless to answer. Already know. 'coz marriage, for you, is a fate worse than death. Sleeping with the enemy. Treated like a toxic waste. Epitomizes the worst type of terrorism.
Of course, you don't have the guts to admit it. You'd rather remain silent. ;D ;D ;D

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
Everyone, who came into my world, left footprints in my heart. Some, so faint, I can hardly detect them. Others, so clear, I can easily discern them. Regardless, they all influenced me. They all made me who I am.

w

willyramasola

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 10:19:35 PM »
kinsay kaistorya nimo, juan?

j

juan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 10:44:29 PM »
"[Let this be a] teachable moment where all of us, instead of pumping up the volume, spend a little more time listening to each other. (Pres. Obama)" :) ;)